Vegan files lawsuit against Burger King

F250

50 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

As an avowed carnivore, burger king adverts completely misrepresented the product. I don't know the law, but the 0% beef would indicate a different grilling surface, not one doused in beef fat. 

A quarter pounder (or Royal w/cheese) doesn’t not weigh a quarter pound after cooking. 

Just like this thing was 0% beef before cooking 

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

As an avowed carnivore, burger king adverts completely misrepresented the product. I don't know the law, but the 0% beef would indicate a different grilling surface, not one doused in beef fat. 

So if they advertised an all beef patty and then cooked it in vegetable oil you would contend that they lied.

Kind of related story:
A couple of years ago while living overseas the expat community had a get together that included a chili cookoff.  The meat you could get there wasn't terrible, but it was lean AF so I made my chili with half beef and half pork to get the fat content right.
Judging for the contest consisted of everyone in attendance voting for their favorite.  Problem is, we had a sizable Muslim contingent so I was going to be starting in a pretty deep hole since those potential voters wouldn't test my chili much less vote for it.  So in the end I just told everyone it was beef chili.  Everyone tried it, no one dropped dead or got smited by Allah and I got 2nd place.
Maybe I'm going to burn in hell for that, but I don't care.

Inshallah

1 hour ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Why are you getting mad at me when you're the one who called someone an idiot despite the fact that you didn't know what you were talking about?

But to respond to the substance of your post: read the complaint if you want to know about damages and relief.  It's a class action for a reason.  Do you understand the reason for permitting class action lawsuits?  

Oh, and surly may not be a courtroom, but we are discussing a lawsuit that may ultimately be decided . . . dun . . . dun . . . dun . . . in a courtroom.  

Ok cool. 
Hookem

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

I don't know the law, but the 0% beef would indicate a different grilling surface, not one doused in beef fat. 

Burger King flame broils their burgers on an open grill. There's less than 10% of the burger making contact with the surface and the fat drips into the flames. The residue is burned off on the return.

It's not "doused" in beef fat.

1-5-678x381.png

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1