Impeachment-ish Season Quadratic Voting Thread

tantric superman

You have 25 quadratic credits.  Your votes for each candidate squared have to equal to 25.  Therefore, you can give five votes to Biden and you are done.  Or you can give 4 to Biden and 3 to Sanders (4 squared plus 3 squared = 25).  Or 2 votes for each of six candidates and 1 vote for one more (2 squared plus 2 squared plus 2 squared plus 2 squared plus 2 squared plus 2 squared plus 1 squared = 25).

Honor system, check you math.

Just cut and paste and add your votes to the current total:

Booker - 4

Biden 

Buttigieg - 1

Gabbard

Harris

Klob - 2

Sanders - 2

Steyer

Warren

Yang

On 11/20/2019 at 9:15 AM, tantric superman said:

I think this puts to rest the idea that going moderate is the smart strategy....at least for the primary.

Because votes for favorite candidates count more when you don't like their opponents? 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Because votes for favorite candidates count more when you don't like their opponents? 

I was curious whether the few folks who are participated would maximize there votes by spreading them around or would settle for less votes focused on one or two candidates.  In general, people accepted less votes (7ish) and gave them to Sanders and Warren. 

The idea on quadratic is that you eliminate the outliers and the moderate types benefit.  In fairness, since we are so far away from the election, this really doesn't apply now where people are probably more concerned with ideas than electability.   

As individual respondents here in this thread, are we supposed to be 'voting' on the spread of our interests in the candidates (i.e. I like warren some, wouldn't object to bernie or mayor pete, so let's do 4-2-2 or whatever), or are we voting like we're electing one of them (in which case it's Warren 5).

Voting like you are electing one.  But with the knowledge that you have more voting power (more votes) if you spread the votes around.  The idea is that assholes (like Trump) who have a small but passionate base (every 10th voter gives him all five of their votes) would get pushed out by milktoasty folks like a Bush who would get two votes from everyone.