2020 New Music Thread

4th&Five

First big announcement for me for next year:
Drive-By Truckers on 1/31

I really like that. I was worried about where this album was headed after that awful “Perilous Night” song came out a few years ago.

This is some classic PH. Could fit with the Adam’s House Cat era or A Blessing and a Curse.

Just now, Al_4_ISU said:

There are some really good songs on the first couple Coldplay albums, but they went off a cliff pretty quickly, and have been pure trash for over a decade

I generally agree. I actually liked some of the stuff of Viva La Vida, but it continued a direction of the band that was such a departure from what I loved with that first album. 

I generally agree. I actually liked some of the stuff of Viva La Vida, but it continued a direction of the band that was such a departure from what I loved with that first album. 

They lost me so much on the third album that I haven’t bothered to check back in. The Scientist, Green Eyes, Yellow, Sparks, are all tunes I still enjoy a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Marcus King put out a new album today. 

Came her to post that

Auerbach produced it.

Sounds amazing from what I’ve heard so far

He just finished a 3 song set on the Grand Ole Opry

Saw him at SXSW last March on the Lucy’s Fried Chicken tiny ass stage when it was still the full Marcus King Band, then at Stubbs in the fall as the “Marcus King Trio” that was a 2 hour jam session...and I think the new solo album is the best I’ve heard so far

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/18/797100626/raised-in-rock-marcus-king-releases-first-solo-album-el-dorado

12 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Channeling the Talking Heads. Took me a few listens but I dig it. 

I'm trying to like this, but honestly I fucking hate it.

I like the Talking Heads too, and agree that's who they sound like here, but I guess I just want it to sound like Pearl Jam, and it doesn't to my ears.  Not even a little.

On 1/23/2020 at 8:15 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

I'm trying to like this, but honestly I fucking hate it.

I like the Talking Heads too, and agree that's who they sound like here, but I guess I just want it to sound like Pearl Jam, and it doesn't to my ears.  Not even a little.

Heard it tonight on the way to pick up the wife from the airport...absolutely horrible.