2020 New Music Thread

4th&Five

• 2 weeks later...

My Favorite band, The Airborne Toxic Event, is releasing their new album "Hollywood Park' on May 22nd, their first release in over 3 years and is scheduled to play at Emo's on May 29th (and the House of Blues in Dallas May 31st) as well as ACL.  If you like old Radio Head, then you will LOVE The Airborne Toxic Event.  Here is the first single "Come on Out":

On 5/2/2020 at 8:17 PM, 4th&Five said:

New Damien Jurado came out yesterday. He always produces a few great songs per album. 

New American Aquarium as well. 

The new American Aquarium is fantastic.  Probably my favorite of the year so far, but Lilly Hiatt and DBT are both right there too.

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

like the new strokes a lot. 

counterpoint: the new doves single (first in 11 years) is fucking great.

Enjoyed the new Doves single.

Fun side note, I wandered out at the end of the song and came back to Spotify playing a new song from Badly Drawn Boy. Remember listing to the Wilderbeast album in Moore-Hill consistently, didn't realize they put anything else out since then, but it appears the latest album is getting positive reviews, might have to listen to it.

5 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

man.  he did a lot of excellent stuff since that record.  the about a boy soundtrack is fantastic.  one plus one is one is also great.  after that, i stopped caring.

Yeah I followed him through one plus one, meant didn't follow him past my time at the University, worded that poorly. Then sorta forgot he existed.

Edited by MoJames

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 2:47 PM, Red Five said:

Listening to the new Taylor Swift album, Folklore. She made it with three members of The National, and Bon Iver. It sounds like it. 

Enjoying it. Never disliked anything my wife listened to of hers, but never really enjoyed anything of hers like this album.