How to Protect Paintings from Cigar Smoke?

Other than by not smoking cigars.

Got a client buying lots of paintings from me, and lots of cigars from elsewhere. He asked, I dunno. Youtube not helping me live my life on this one.

These are acrylic paintings on canvas or wood. Since he smokes I guess he's mainly concerned about discoloration. I guess he could frame them behind glass.

Anybody dealt with this?

18 minutes ago, Zombie said:

Lol. Random, yet an interesting question. If he's a rich dude and can afford it, I would imagine having a heavy duty ventilation system for his smoking room would help.  

Probably the best long-term solution, but I don't want to cut into his painting-buying fund.

6 hours ago, orange dream said:

Have I missed that OP is an artist?  We need to see some examples of your work please.

Thank you. You already have, more than 3000 times. Some say I resemble a French armadillo. (flicks ash.)

6 hours ago, idigTexas said:

Or at least show us your severed ear.

Come back with a warrant.

22 hours ago, BottleRocket said:

Frame them behind glass?

This is what the folks on the art conservation board think. My buddy the frame-maker who would actually make money off the idea? He thinks it's hopeless and that no matter what, the art will soon reek.

This fits into my overall view of the world.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 6:45 PM, RDCanecutter said:

This is what the folks on the art conservation board think. My buddy the frame-maker who would actually make money off the idea? He thinks it's hopeless and that no matter what, the art will soon reek.

This fits into my overall view of the world.

The fucking art conservation board? Jesus

• Like 1