Jefferson Davis Hospital/Elder Street Lofts - Houston

DoobieWah

If you don't know the history of this site, go here. (*)

There are numerous YouTubes here.

About fifteen years ago, the old building was bought by a developer and turned into "Starving Artist Lofts". (My words, not theirs - but nonetheless.)

Anywho, if anyone is interest, they are having an Artists Crawl this Saturday and it might be worth the trip just to check out the old building and what they've done with it.

The link with info for the crawl is here. Love to see pictures if you go.

(*) Short version: Formerly the land was the city's indigent cemetery. Fell into poor repair so a hospital was built over the site. Supposedly the bodies were to have been moved, but they weren't. Hospital went through several incarnations and was eventually abandoned except for a couple of scenes from Robocop II. Reportedly THE most haunted spot in Houston.

Edited by DoobieWah
Location Location Location

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If you call yourself a starving artist aren't you just admitting you're a bad artist?  I wouldn't hire a starving lawyer or starving accountant so why should i buy art from a starving artist.

That's just an artist who's too chicken-shit to steal food. I want my artists feisty.