Del Rio...Laredo...Zapata...

Bevo&Pevo

Laredo:

Border Foundry - drinks on Thursday night and nicest restaurant

Tonos - enchiladas suizas

Chalu Burger - breakfast tacos

Taco Villa - tacos

Tacos El Chaparro - al pastor tacos

Querreque Grill - breakfast, combo plates and can see picture with Daniella and Carlos Correa signed by him

La Finca - brunch.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

El Paraiso in Zapata. Chicken Fried Steak covered in gravy and cheese. Served with refrieds, an enchilada, a taco and a piece of white bread. A cold Budweiser to drink. Has been the conclusion of many a good day on Falcon. 

In Del Rio, I like Don Marcelenos. I always get the steak tapiquena. The pericos nachos are good as well. 

Also in Del Rio, Blue Oasis on the edge of town. Has a great burger. 

Edited by squib
  • Like 2

I lived in Del Rio for 5 years.  Don Marcelino's is the equivalent of Pancho's in that town.  It's overrated and just popular because there are 4 of them in a 10 mile radius.  For lunch, I'd go to Memo's.  The food is on par or better than Don Marcelino's but the setting is what sets it apart.  It's tucked away in a neighborhood and easy to miss, and inside they have a wall of windows that overlooks a nearby creek where the locals swim.  It was by far my wife and I's favorite place to eat in Del Rio.  If you're looking strictly for the best mexican food, then Manuel's is the winner.  It's small but popular in town as the "nicest" place to eat in Del Rio.  For breakfast, Chinto's has the best tacos in town.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

In Del Rio, you can go to Julio's (restaurant where the chips originated).  Ate there once and it was solid.  I remember there being something like a super taco on the menu. A single taco that was like 2 pounds.

The original Julio's chips were bought out of his garage in white 5-gallon buckets. The restaurant came along much much later. 

• Like 1

One side of my family is from Zapata and we used to spend a lot of time in Del Rio too going to acuna back when things were a lot safer. In Zapata the El Paraiso CFS is legit and if you're only going to eat one thing there that's where I'd go. 

Haven't been to Del Rio in years but my favorites were always Chinto's Super Taco and Salas Better Burger. Not sure if either is still around. 

• 7 months later...
On 11/20/2019 at 4:09 PM, Iconoclast Texan said:

Laredo:

Border Foundry - drinks on Thursday night and nicest restaurant

Tonos - enchiladas suizas

Chalu Burger - breakfast tacos

Taco Villa - tacos

Tacos El Chaparro - al pastor tacos

Querreque Grill - breakfast, combo plates and can see picture with Daniella and Carlos Correa signed by him

La Finca - brunch.

Querreque Grill checks out as pretty damn good.  I'll go back.  Didn't get to Border Foundry since they are only doing take out.  

• 1 month later...

In Laredo, Carinitas Tapatio is some of the most legit pork I’ve ever had. Totally nose to tail and the folks cooking it are good people. Macizas (shoulder) is really good but the cuerito, buche, trompa, and chicharon with the sides they have elevate the pig to great heights.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...