When Trump is impeached, then what thread

zork

If Mitch McConnell truly believes his majority is in jeopardy, Republican senators will make a trip to the White House to discuss Donald Trump's future in office.

And he still won’t resign. He’ll let it all burn to the ground before he admits any sort of guilt or weakness.

Legitimate medical event and an unconcealable change in motility (perhaps even the ultimate change in vitality...) leads to President Pence within the next few months while we're all still tittering about this same old bullshit and before the Senate actually votes. 

Pence/Replacement Shithead R Nominee can't charm the cult of mouthbreathers and Putin can't effectively mobilize his bag of tricks enough to prevent the inevitable D landslide in 2020.

Trump will be impeached.  He will not be convicted.  He will lose in 2020, both the popular vote and the electoral vote.  He will claim that the loss was not his fault, that it was because of the media or the dems or rigged elections or something like that.  He will take whatever claim is made against him and try to turn it around in his favor, for example he might claim that he lost because China interfered in our elections.

He will then milk his post-presidency period for as much money as he can make of it.  He will sell tickets for rubes to come to rallies, sell merch, sell meet and greets, continue to tweet and rant against other Americans to get attention, do reality TV and generally try to stay in the public eye by attacking others and promoting whatever theory will make him a buck.

There is a slight chance that the Senate will tire of him and convict him so that they can run with Pence in 2020, but it's unlikely.

• Like 1

Trump will be impeached.  He will not be convicted.  He will lose in 2020, both the popular vote and the electoral vote.  He will claim that the loss was not his fault, that it was because of the media or the dems or rigged elections or something like that.  He will take whatever claim is made against him and try to turn it around in his favor, for example he might claim that he lost because China interfered in our elections.
He will then milk his post-presidency period for as much money as he can make of it.  He will sell tickets for rubes to come to rallies, sell merch, sell meet and greets, continue to tweet and rant against other Americans to get attention, do reality TV and generally try to stay in the public eye by attacking others and promoting whatever theory will make him a buck.
There is a slight chance that the Senate will tire of him and convict him so that they can run with Pence in 2020, but it's unlikely.
Would love to see him and John Daly selling shit together out of an RV at Augusta

8 hours ago, Lobo said:

NY attorneys be like chaz P. In “usual suspects”

trump: “I have immunity from prosecution”

them: “Not from me; you don’t!”   

every criminal i've put in prison, every cop that owes me a favor, every creep and scumbag that walks the streets for a living will know the name of donald j trump.

• Like 1

He will be impeached with zero Republicans voting for impeachment and McConnell will refuse to hold a trial because we are too close to a election and we should let the American People decide his fate from this Witch Hunt.  He will then lose the popular vote but sadly this country is dumb enough to elect him again.  

I think the reason Pelosi didn’t want impeachment is because of the senate trial that will take dems out of the race.  Now that she’s seen enough to know there isn’t a dem that is a slam dunk to win she is going back to the Hillary well and letting Schiff loose.

Impeachment happens. Trial in senate starts in late January or early February. Warren, Harris, booker, et al are out of the race before it starts. Hillary jumps in because uncle joe is a drunk senile old man. Hillary gets on ballots out of desperation and wins the first handful of states before the senate declines to remove trump from office. 

Super delegates are lined up again and Hillary gets the nom. She fails to campaign while trump campaigns night after night on the witch hunt. Burisma goes down in corruption plot taking hunter with them. Trump is vindicated and relays that message on the campaign trail. Where is Hillary? Why does she only hit one stop per week? “It’s her turn” doesn’t have the pizazz it did years ago. Where is Hillary?

trump wins. Bigly. 

*all assumes trump is actually healthy. 

I think if impeachment happens then the only two things that get a dem elected are a noticeable health issue with trump or RBG going down. She goes down and some dem emerges as likable to the moderates and far left and there will be epic voter turnout. 

The same as it always was: More Federal Spending, More Wars and Interventionism, More Coups, More Failed Domestic Policies (War on Drugs and Asset Forfeiture,) more Surveillance and More QE and inflating of the currency by the Wizards at the Fed. 

I find it ironic that while amidst an impeachment proceeding the Patriot Act was extended with bipartisan support to maintain warrantless surveillance powers within the Executive branch (and by extension Trump.) 

Dems: "We want him out because he's corrupt and abuses power"

Also Dems : "But yeah, here's more power for you while your in office, just throw a little signature on it and business as usual! Just don't wire tap our campaigns!" 

• Like 1

Impeached, acquitted, re-elected, at some point during his 3rd term his health starts failing enough that he fades from public view, is replaced by deep fake Trump/Putin, and eventually quietly passes during his 4th term. Deep fake Trump is eventually taken over by AI during his 7th term and we end up with the Terminator scenario. That’s my best case scenario.

I can't find 20 GOP senators to join the Dems in the Senate, no matter how hard I twist my mind. He's impeached by Xmas, the trial takes 6 weeks in January, taking Harris, Warren, etc. with it.  Senate votes to acquit. 2 of McSally, Collins, or Gardner will vote to remove in the hope it saves their seats (it won't), McConnell leans on the third to make sure it's not a majority vote.  The damage to Trump's reputation is done, Dems remain fired up, and Biden or Buttigieg win.  Dems pick up seats in House. I don't have  a feel yet for if the Senate flips or not.  I need to get a better sense of the campaigns over the Summer.

All this assumes the economy remains solid and the market headed up.  If a recession arrives, I could see McConnell leaning on Pence to invoke the 25th amendment to try and save the Senate and Presidency. Ginsburg and Breyer will be replaced in the next 4 years, the GOP knows they could lock up the court for the next 50 years and revert the government to a pre New Deal status.

Edited by Bateshorn

42 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

I think the reason Pelosi didn’t want impeachment is because of the senate trial that will take dems out of the race.  Now that she’s seen enough to know there isn’t a dem that is a slam dunk to win she is going back to the Hillary well and letting Schiff loose.

Impeachment happens. Trial in senate starts in late January or early February. Warren, Harris, booker, et al are out of the race before it starts. Hillary jumps in because uncle joe is a drunk senile old man. Hillary gets on ballots out of desperation and wins the first handful of states before the senate declines to remove trump from office. 

Super delegates are lined up again and Hillary gets the nom. She fails to campaign while trump campaigns night after night on the witch hunt. Burisma goes down in corruption plot taking hunter with them. Trump is vindicated and relays that message on the campaign trail. Where is Hillary? Why does she only hit one stop per week? “It’s her turn” doesn’t have the pizazz it did years ago. Where is Hillary?

trump wins. Bigly. 

I think if impeachment happens then the only two things that get a dem elected are a noticeable health issue with trump or RBG going down. She goes down and some dem emerges as likable to the moderates and far left and there will be epic voter turnout. 

Every time I think EMAW is obviously the dumbest poster here you go and post a gem like this. Thank you for reminding me there's no bottom.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

trump wins. Bigly. 

If Hillary is the nominee I will vote for the dotard on principle.  GTFO with that shit.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Texas Jeff said:

And all of those rallies will be held at or near Mar-a-Lago, and he will make a shit-ton of money off of the rubes who travel there to hear his great words.

10 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

He will be impeached with zero Republicans voting for impeachment and McConnell will refuse to hold a trial because we are too close to a election and we should let the American People decide his fate from this Witch Hunt.  He will then lose the popular vote but sadly this country is dumb enough to elect him again.  

Mitch doesn't have a massive enough majority to roll that dice - that would probably put more than a few R Senate seats into play if people take that to heart.

Trump still has to win a combination of Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and now Arizona.  Possibly Florida, and hell, lots of folks are riled up in NC and Georgia.

6 hours ago, Jhawk said:

I think the reason Pelosi didn’t want impeachment is because of the senate trial that will take dems out of the race.

Actually, it helps the Dem candidates who are in the Senate, because it gives them a free, nation-wide platform from which to go after Trump. That is the kind of airtime and publicity that none of them can buy on their own.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Actually, it helps the Dem candidates who are in the Senate, because it gives them a free, nation-wide platform from which to go after Trump. That is the kind of airtime and publicity that none of them can buy on their own.

They won't be saying anything during the trial. They just sit there and listen.

20 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

This, this right here. They are waiting for the day he leaves office to charge him with everything the state of New York possibly can. They are pretty open about doing this. 

He'll just say "I no longer live there, only Florida can arrest me now," and in this brave new world we live in, it will work.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Was listening to some talking heads last night saying that the Chief Justice would have lots of leeway to limit their platform.

On 11/20/2019 at 4:43 PM, tantric superman said:

Impeached, not removed, wins in 2020.

Dems win more house seats and Senate seats, but still in minority in Senate.

Wife convinces me to buy house at Cedar Creek Lake in early 2021.  Locals refer to us as that "that Spanish fella with the redhead".  I die three months later of a massive heart attack at a Gun Barrel City liquor store.

Work in a salad once in a while, compinche.

We will break up into warring tribe-lets, weak and squabbling. It will please Su Majestad the King of Spain and Emperor of the Indies, Dei Gratia Defender of the Faith to reassert his prerogatives granted under the never-revoked Treaty of Tordesillas. You may all bow to the Spanish lash, but I, sirs, shall take to the high seas and piracy.

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

We will break up into warring tribe-lets, weak and squabbling. It will please Su Majestad the King of Spain and Emperor of the Indies, Dei Gratia Defender of the Faith to reassert his prerogatives granted under the never-revoked Treaty of Tordesillas. You may all bow to the Spanish lash, but I, sirs, shall take to the high seas and piracy.

Found the Mexican pirate, y'all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

He'll just say "I no longer live there, only Florida can arrest me now," and in this brave new world we live in, it will work.

So, as a legal strategy you can shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and then when you return to Texas, you’re good? Asking for a friend. 

On 11/20/2019 at 4:27 PM, zork said:

When Trump is impeached, then what thread right here.  President Pence is next or is it President Pelosi?  Give me your prognostications on what happens and perhaps even when?  

You forgot to include the possibility of pigs flying laps around the moon.

• Fuck You 1