When Trump is impeached, then what thread

zork

Democrats won't even hold a vote on impeachment. The longer they go on with this the more it hurts them politically.

https://emersonpolling.reportablenews.com/pr/november-national-poll-support-for-impeachment-declines-biden-and-sanders-lead-democratic-primary

A new Emerson poll finds President Trump’s approval has increased in the last month with 48% approval and 47% disapproval, a bounce from 43% approval in the last Emerson National poll in October. Support for impeachment has flipped since October from 48% support with 44% opposing to now 45% opposed and 43% in support. The biggest swing is among Independents, who oppose impeachment now 49% to 34%, which is a reversal from October where they supported impeachment 48% to 39%.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 hours ago, bolverk said:

"Hearsay is inadmissible as evidence." - EMAW

I think it was circumstantial evidence actually. 

If anything gives me hope, it seems like for every EMAW, there's someone who has been paying attention and the experience of Trump has reawakened them to our values.

outside shot of...

- Trump and Pence are kicked out, Pelosi takes over

- A pRiNcIpAlEd CoNsErVaTiVe runs in 2020 (and Trump screams at him constantly on Twitter)

- The Surly ledge is emptied as the white center-right runs home to the Republicans doing the Naruto run

tenor.gif?itemid=5552832

- Sanders or Warren win the Democratic nomination, and hosts/guests/panelists on CNN and MSNBC start floating the idea that the nation can heal best with a pRiNcIpAlEd CoNsErVaTiVe to heal the Hitler Cheeto wounds

- MAGA Hogs scream and howl but mostly turn out on voting day

- Amash inaugurated in January 2021

6 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

outside shot of...

- Trump and Pence are kicked out, Pelosi takes over

- A pRiNcIpAlEd CoNsErVaTiVe runs in 2020 (and Trump screams at him constantly on Twitter)

- The Surly ledge is emptied as the white center-right runs home to the Republicans doing the Naruto run

tenor.gif?itemid=5552832

- Sanders or Warren win the Democratic nomination, and hosts/guests/panelists on CNN and MSNBC start floating the idea that the nation can heal best with a pRiNcIpAlEd CoNsErVaTiVe to heal the Hitler Cheeto wounds

- MAGA Hogs scream and howl but mostly turn out on voting day

- Amash inaugurated in January 2021

Image result for debbie downer gif

27 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

What was PEW saying before the 2016 election? That would be interesting to see.

I'm sure they were wrong just like everyone else was.  But I'm not talking about their predictions.  I'm talking about historic demographic evidence.  Given that the olds preferred Trump in 2016 to the point of a squeaker of a win, and now the yoots actually vote, I can't see Trump's reelection.  That's to say nothing of the ever decreasing white makeup of the electorate.

22 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I'm sure they were wrong just like everyone else was.  But I'm not talking about their predictions.  I'm talking about historic demographic evidence.  Given that the olds preferred Trump in 2016 to the point of a squeaker of a win, and now the yoots actually vote, I can't see Trump's reelection.  That's to say nothing of the ever decreasing white makeup of the electorate.

They should give a state by state breakdown. I have no doubt those numbers are fairly accurate and would mean more if the presidency was decided by popular vote. Key of course will be to get young voters to turn out next election. I don't know if Trump hate is enough to get them to vote without an Obamaesque Democrat nominee. Getting Michelle to run may do the trick but she really seems disinterested. 

If the Republican's do nothing, which is my expectation, we will be entering the most dangerous time in our country since the Civil War.  Sounds dramatic doesn't it?

There are several moving parts right now that are going to degrade out democracy and make us so much more similar to third world governments than we have ever been.  I am going to lay most of it right now at the feet of the Republicans.  First is their policy of not looking at facts as facts any longer. They are NOT going hold the President accountable in any way for what is obvious wrongdoing, on what they would EASILY CONVICT a Dem for the same actions. This has a two-fold initial negative effect. This is going to give even more power to the Imperial presidency, and it's going to legitimize reaching back and having the dems prosecute members of the Trump administration in the next cycle (IF THEY WIN).  IF the Republicans win the next cycle, control of the levers of Politics will replace respect for the rule of law, and wrongdoing that truly hurts America, will be tacitly endorsed moving forward for the next Trump administration This is the worst case scenario, and out Democracy will be perhaps irreperably damaged IMHO..  This is my pessimistic view,  IF the Dems moving forward as Republicans have in this cycle if they win, then this is also a terrible outcome, but the lesser evil because of the corrupt nature Trump has already shown us. I don't view any of the current Dem candidates as corrupt, and the Dems would never overlook the obvious, as they have not been pre-programed to believe lies over facts.

Next up is the current administration's and now Congress' look back intot he prior administration to find (or invent) wrongdoing. IG and Barr's search for scape goats for the Steele Dossier. Additionally you have moral paragon Lindsey Graham launching an investigation into Biden in 2016 and Ukraine. This a political action desinged to give Trump's desire for foregn interference legitimization.  it's a great political strategy.  But's it's horrible for our country and is going to be the second key catalyst in potentially changing our country permanently.  IF IT BECOMES A "STANDARD PRACTICE" OF LOOKING BACK IN TIME TO TRY AND PROSECUTE AND BLOODING POLITICAL RIVALS WE THEN BECOME A THIRD WORLD STYLE DEMOCRACY. Our rule of law that is the foundation of our nation's greatness could be permanently damaged. And next I will talk about how this is more likely now than any time since the Civil war.

It is important here to note that Richard Nixon was pardoned by President Ford, and that will divisive initially, allowed the wounds to scab and ultimately heal slowly but surely.  Nixon resigned, rather than face conviction in the Senate. Trump has no such worries, but has clearly committed acts that in a sober court of law would easily be determined to be criminal under multiple statutes.  I simply do not believe that if the Democrats win the Presidency that anything other than allowing the law to look back atTrump's actions, (think of current investigaitons looking back).  The big difference is that there will be a LOT of criminality when the truth is known about Trump's actions.  If a Democratic "Trump" were elected, there would be possilbe jail time for so many differnt Trump officials it would be mind boggling.  This is the unforseen and potentially PERMANENTLY damaging potential of what is happening right now.  

The GOP has set the prededent of now using current power to look back into prior adminstrations for wrong doing for primarily political reasons.  Is it unreasonable then for a potential next Dem administration to look back and prosecute actual worngdoing?  This will be easily justified because of what is happening right now with the Trump administration looking backwards to try and criminalize reasonable actions from the FBI.  While you hear so, so, so often of Democratic funding of the Steele dossier (funding ofwhich is ultimately true) youdon't hear about who BEGAN the steele dossier, by Conservative Republicans.  There has been no mention or investigation by the FBI and Justice department into the initial funding of the Steele dossier.  That's what separates legitimate from political prosecutions.  Something that has in the past distinguished us for third world countries.

The problem is that I think that if the dems win they are indeed going to look back, and reasonably so into what the GOP so purposefully ignored. Then if the current GOP cycle of immorality is continued you can assume the next GOP cycle will look back (again  politically) to find wrong doing in the prior administration. Now it is possible that the damage done from not looking at wrongdoing today, and the dems (if victorious) likely looking backwards rightfully will dissuade both parties from the practice. Unfortunately I tend to believe that the more likely outcome is the cycle of prosecution of past administrations will become more and more commonplace. Whether rightful, or political. Simply as I beleive the GOP will use the Dems rightful prosecution as justification for their future actions. And this will permanently fracture us.  Perhaps the damage will be so clear that we begin electing more moral politicians... But really what are the odds of that? Especially on the GOP side seeing their transition to the warm embrace of corruption over country?

Sorry it's so long, but I take this shit seriously. Because we have been a beacon of light for so long, it's sad to see the dimmer turned on. The Russians have to be very, very pleased indeed.

The cool hearsay is not evidence is very cool.  So if a Mobster simply kills off (or otherwise prevents) the people who have first hand testimony from testifying they can never, ever, ever be convicted.  Or at least that's the GOP's position.  If only we were north Korea or Russia, never a need to worry comrade, as any first hand testimony against the dear leader will be prevented one way or another.

Rudy has to be worried that he might get the Epstein outcome. 

On 11/23/2019 at 11:54 AM, horn4life said:

While you hear so, so, so often of Democratic funding of the Steele dossier (funding ofwhich is ultimately true) youdon't hear about who BEGAN the steele dossier, by Conservative Republicans.  There has been no mention or investigation by the FBI and Justice department into the initial funding of the Steele dossier.  That's what separates legitimate from political prosecutions.  Something that has in the past distinguished us for third world countries.

I find a lot to agree with in your post generally.  But point of fact, Christopher Steele did not start working up his dossier as a subcontractor for Fusion GPS until after the DNC had taken over funding of the GPS work. It was only after the DNC took over funding that FGPS did a deep dive on Russia and brought in Steele. 

None of that has anything do with with impeachment and removal from office at this point, but those are the facts surrounding the development of the dossier. 

• 2 weeks later...

So let's assume democrats are united in the senate which might be a big assumption with Doug Jones facing re-election and Joe Manchin's unpredictability.  Let's also assume that John Roberts will not cast time breaking votes against the republican majority.

That means democrats need 4 republican senators to vote with them to call Bolton, Giuliani and Mulvaney to testify.  Let's see who that could be:

Mitt Romney (R-UT) - Seems like the most obvious Senator to hope for. Not up for re-election and in a state that really hates the president. 

Susan Collins (R-ME) - Up for reelection and facing growing unpopularity.  Has voted against republican majorities before but fell in line with SCOTUS pick

Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) - Has voted outside of republicans before and has called for more information from admin

Joni Ernst (R-IA) - Up for tough reelection bid but lacks independent streak of Collins

Ben Sasse (R-NE) - Might be a pipe dream since he's up for re-election but he has called on Trump to be more transparent in the investigation 

I've also seen Lamar Alexander, Cory Gardner and Martha McSally as republicans to watch but I don't see them deviating from Mitch. 

Really doesn't leave you with much. If you can't get 4 that might mean you don't get any.

On 11/21/2019 at 9:28 PM, EMAWesome said:

Democrats won't even hold a vote on impeachment. The longer they go on with this the more it hurts them politically.

https://emersonpolling.reportablenews.com/pr/november-national-poll-support-for-impeachment-declines-biden-and-sanders-lead-democratic-primary

The branding iron of the cloak room ladies and gentlemen.