The Michael Landon Appreciation Thread

Underdog

3 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

I never really appreciated Michael Landon all that much.  So I guess I'll see myself out

You should, your life would've been better had you appreciated him.  He was the Tim Tebow of Hollywood. 

Other than the theme, never cared for Bonanza, and if I did, Hoss was my boy. 

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

You should, your life would've been better had you appreciated him.  He was the Tim Tebow of Hollywood. 

Interesting. How can you start a Michael Landon appreciation thread and not care for Bonanza? I’ll gladly watch it right now. But I’d rather watch paint dry than an episode of Little House on the Prairie.

• Like 1

Wtf? So that means you’re a huge Little House on the Prairie fan? Or that shitty angel show? Bonanza was the one good thing he did.

20 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Wtf? So that means you’re a huge Little House on the Prairie fan? Or that shitty angel show? Bonanza was the one good thing he did.

Motherfucker, don't make me reach through my laptop and rip out your clit!  You take that back, Highway to Heaven was appointment viewing. 

The High Chaparral was way better. Best theme song in TV Westerns. Better characters. Better plots. Shot on real locations, no fakeass looking soundstage. And they never had a stupidass evil twin episode. Bonanza had about three per season.

Hoss was cool, though.

Edited by DougO

8 hours ago, DougO said:

The High Chaparral was way better. Best theme song in TV Westerns. Better characters. Better plots. Shot on real locations, no fakeass looking soundstage. And they never had a stupidass evil twin episode. Bonanza had about three per season.

Hoss was cool, though.

Criticizing evil twin episodes is a bold move given your avatar.

• Like 1

The insane thing about LHOP was you could never be sure if you were going to get a lightweight country story about Pa building a chair or Ma's apple pie winning the fair, or an episode where a woman and a baby go up in flames on camera, or an episode where a clown rapes children complete with POV shots from inside the clown mask. I mean talk about a wide range in tone.