Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

11 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Was that an evening thing? Or is it inconvenient for a daytime thing too...? Our daughter will be 2 in a few days and while we're at least a year away from scheduling birthday parties w/other kids attending, I may have a chance to learn something.

Saturday, always Saturday.  My son's birthday is Halloween, so we've never even attempted to land his party on the exact day.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Was that an evening thing? Or is it inconvenient for a daytime thing too...? Our daughter will be 2 in a few days and while we're at least a year away from scheduling birthday parties w/other kids attending, I may have a chance to learn something.

4pm. 

Maybe during the summer, but Sunday is essentially a school night. So 3 1/2 hours of pizza, cake and ice cream is a bad idea.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Kid birthday parties on Sunday. WTF. I don't care if his birthday falls on a Sunday, it's a bad idea. Are you going to have it on a Monday next year? Especially during the school year. Not to mention I have to work the next day. Asshole parents.

Are you usually hung over after kid's birthday parties?

6 hours ago, Buffsoldier said:

99 times out of 100, I agree, but serious question: What if it's a Saturday during football season? I know several people who'd rather miss a pro game than miss a college one.

You have a few options...10am start at an Urban Air type place to get people out early, parents can drop off and pick with no expectation that they stay, or (my favorite) have it at a place with a full bar and a bunch of TVs.

4 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Parents shouldn't plan parties that require the other invited kids parents to attend, unless they're good friends.  Drop kid off, pick kid up is OK.  

my kids are 5 and 3 and I can't fucking WAIT for them to get old enough to do drop off parties.

(I actually have no idea why I'm bitching because my wife is always the one to take the kids to those parties, as I refuse to spend three hours of my weekend hanging out with strangers with whom my only connection is a child who happens to be the same age. )

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

When the band has the audience sing the song at a live concert.  Hey I didn't pay a few hundy to come hear the drunk chick behind me wailing, I came to hear the band.

Hearing everyone sing Piano Man is pretty cool, IMO. 

• Like 1

I guess I've said, "I'd like some coffee" or "I'll have some coffee please" a thousand times in a restaurant or club.  I've never heard somebody say, "I'd like some latte" until just now two tables over.  And they brought her one, and it looks great.  But who the fuck says, "I'll take some latte"??? 

On 3/26/2019 at 2:13 PM, shakahorn said:

When the band has the audience sing the song at a live concert.  Hey I didn't pay a few hundy to come hear the drunk chick behind me wailing, I came to hear the band.

If you had ever heard me sing you change your funky tune.

How the hell do you think I got that gig with steel dragon mate.

Edited by SHOOTER12

When your homeowner's insurance company, who you've only been with for 1 year, hits you with a 32% year over year increase forcing you to shop for new insurance again. Motherfuckers, I'd like to be able to go a couple of years before your incessant rate creep forces me to shop around again. What are you thinking?

Casual restaurants that have tiny ass water cups, like the size of the little Dixie cup ones that you used to see in people’s bathrooms in the 80s.  Thanks, I really enjoy getting up to refill this 3 ounce cup 6 times during the course of my meal. 
Give an example of a location. I have never seen this.

1 hour ago, markstanco said:
11 hours ago, Jack Straw said:
Casual restaurants that have tiny ass water cups, like the size of the little Dixie cup ones that you used to see in people’s bathrooms in the 80s.  Thanks, I really enjoy getting up to refill this 3 ounce cup 6 times during the course of my meal. 

Give an example of a location. I have never seen this.

Modern Market 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 2/17/2019 at 10:39 PM, Helobious said:

She was black too but she didn’t say one word the whole time. She should ditch that guy. 

I only mentioned his race to be more descriptive, although it really wasn’t relevant to the story. He single-handedly vaulted DC to 2nd place on my “Cities with most aggressive homeless population” list. Even though I’m not sure he was homeless, he didn’t really look the part. 1st place is San Fran and it’s not close. There’s some seriously angry hobos over there every time I’ve been.

Portland is worse than San Fran