Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

On 9/26/2019 at 8:26 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

No it doesn't. 

GUEST_450313e3-9315-4134-843f-1a199f6724

It has short noodles you can pick up with a spoon. 

I'd like to take you to my favorite Vietnamese place and buy you a bowl of pho, then film you using a fork and a spoon, and maybe a knife, in order to eat your soup. 

Damn.  I’ve heard of some fetishes but this a new one. 

On 10/1/2019 at 9:24 AM, Tylerocks said:

Work deal- people that call, don't leave a message, then call right back...all the while I'm on another line and watch their number pop up.  Again.

Or same situation....calling not leaving a message then emailing me telling me they "tried to call you."

Oh really, I didn't get a message...

FU

if they don't leave a message, fuck them. One ping only, please( leave a message.)

It's a gotdam phone, not a doorbell.  I'm not going to miraculously answer it on the 4th time you call in 3 minutes.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Women who get their nails done at salons. Makes me want to vomit. Do they not realize that we aren't impressed with that shit? 

I bet there are more than a few Surliots who get their nails done did.

Edited by Loco

when announcers, especially the color commentator, feel the need to interject "LOOK OUT!" when a QB starts to scramble and then the play ends up a three-yard gain

That’s the baseball version of getting excited on a routine fly ball making the listener or watcher think it’s a bigger hit than it is.
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 11:55 AM, irishtexan said:

It has always annoyed the shit out of me that a higher quality video of this does not exist anywhere on the internets

I used to order the season pass of Texas DVDs where they cut out all the dead time between plays.  I have this game somewhere in a closet. Wonder if I could somehow have a gif made.  Or a short clip to put on YouTube.  Great hit.  

On 10/4/2019 at 2:26 PM, SwanderedTalent said:

when announcers, especially the color commentator, feel the need to interject "LOOK OUT!" when a QB starts to scramble and then the play ends up a three-yard gain

al michaels's "mhm" after collingsworth says something.  drives me nuts. 

when people, particularly "outsiders" adopt and parrot this nonsense about "good barbecue doesnt need sauce!!!"  like its a religious doctrine, as if bbq sauce is akin to A1 on a steak.

yeah shouldnt douse your brisket or ribs with it, but i do like a bit of sauce to accompany the meat, in the same way i do like a bit of ketchup on my fries

gtfo californian-whos-been-to-austin-once

Edited by 52-80
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, 52-80 said:

when people, particularly "outsiders" adopt and parrot this nonsense about "good barbecue doesnt need sauce!!!"  like its a religious doctrine, as if bbq sauce is akin to A1 on a steak.

yeah shouldnt douse your brisket or ribs with it, but i do like a bit of sauce to accompany the meat, in the same way i do like a bit of ketchup on my fries

I grew up eating BBQ with sauce and I don't agree with the Lockhart Orthodoxy.

10 hours ago, 52-80 said:

If it's prepared correctly you shouldn't need any additional sauce unless you like messy food.  The best BBQ'a I've had were just amazing smoky meat flavors with a good bit of moisture, and the flavor of the original sauce without swimming in it. 

14 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Good fries don’t need ketchup. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, 52-80 said:

as an outsider whos been to Franklins once, and other central Texas BBQ establishments, I feel I can relate to this. Im not an expert by any means.

Brisket is king, the standard. the bark, the meat, its beautiful. Dont put sauce on it unless it sucks, then probably dont eat it as it could forever hinge your opinion about the beauty that is brisket. 

Id put sauce on ribs, pulled pork&  chicken. Sausage? no Turkey? no. Sides? whatever. 

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

as an outsider whos been to Franklins once, and other central Texas BBQ establishments, I feel I can relate to this. Im not an expert by any means.

Brisket is king, the standard. the bark, the meat, its beautiful. Dont put sauce on it unless it sucks, then probably dont eat it as it could forever hinge your opinion about the beauty that is brisket. 

Id put sauce on ribs, pulled pork&  chicken. Sausage? no Turkey? no. Sides? whatever. 

Brisket is my favorite.  Particularly the fatty brisket (cut from the point).  A couple of slices I could eat by itself for the flavor of the meat and smoke and salt and pepper.

More than that is just too fatty, and the acidic and/or sweetness and/or spiciness of the sauce helps balance it all out.

Yeah the raw onion and the pickles serve that function some.  But there ain't nothing wrong with sauce.  Except to some fuckstick who read about Aaron Franklin on Yelp and thinks that sauces are banished from CenTex joints.

• Like 1

I have no idea if this has been covered or not, but I hate the champagne celebrations in baseball after each round of the playoffs.  You haven't won shit yet, so put the bottles down until they hand you a trophy.  It's ok for after the LCS rounds, but even then I would prefer the only champagne celebration be after you've won the World Series. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hate said:

I have no idea if this has been covered or not, but I hate the champagne celebrations in baseball after each round of the playoffs.  You haven't won shit yet, so put the bottles down until they hand you a trophy.  It's ok for after the LCS rounds, but even then I would prefer the only champagne celebration be after you've won the World Series. 

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding.

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

Winning the pennant used to be an accomplishment, so I'll let that go. But it's silly in the first round.

When I’m at a fast food restaurant with a half a cup of undrunken coke, I hate depositing it into the trash can, knowing that eight hours later some poor sap has to empty the trash, getting coke all over themselves and creating a coke trail from the trash can to the dumpster out back. Drives me crazy.

When I’m at a fast food restaurant with a half a cup of undrunken coke, I hate depositing it into the trash can, knowing that eight hours later some poor sap has to empty the trash, getting coke all over themselves and creating a coke trail from the trash can to the dumpster out back. Drives me crazy.
Could always take it with you. That's what i do everytime

47 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Same here.  I just leave the cup on top of the trash cover with the trays and let the workers decide if they want to throw it in the can or not.  Not sure if that is an asshole move or not but If I was the one responsible for emptying the trash I would appreciate it.  

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Short drive, I take it.