Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

18 hours ago, achooloco said:

Auto grat on small parties. Went to a bar for a friends bday, had $8 beer, $12 legent neat, two $15 tequila ocho shots =$50 for me only, only one credit card. Tax of $4.44, auto tip of $9 so $63.44 total. Fuck that place. 

You spent $15 on a shot of vodka X2 and are feeling ripped off on the tip?

LOlz.  i mean did he not smile at you or what?

3 minutes ago, Iceman said:

You spent $15 on a shot of vodka X2 and are feeling ripped off on the tip?

LOlz.  i mean did he not smile at you or what?

Nah, it was $30 total for two shots of a well regarded (real definition not surly definition) brand of tequila. But with my other drinks it came out to $50 before tax and auto tip of 9.00 at a bar, no food ordered, just me alone. Feeling ripped off for 9.00 auto grat.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Nah, it was $30 total for two shots of a well regarded (real definition not surly definition) brand of tequila. But with my other drinks it came out to $50 before tax and auto tip of 9.00 at a bar, no food ordered, just me alone. Feeling ripped off for 9.00 auto grat.

Would you have not tipped?

Do you feel ripped off, or offended at the presumption?

The former is dickish.

I don't like the bar auto gratuity, especially at some airport bars (which is the only place I have ever seen it). It's pretty sneaky how they put it on the bill. I am sure a bunch of distracted or drunk passengers tip 20% on top of the auto 18% that is already included. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Would you have not tipped?

Do you feel ripped off, or offended at the presumption?

The former is dickish.

Definitely would have tipped, always a dollar a drink no matter what it is even if it’s water or I’m buying for folk (although usually I get a Beer and a water per round, that’s $2) and for each round no matter if I am buying drinks for people or flying through 12oz-es when the horns are shitting the bed. Then maybe a buck or two if I pay the night in card. So total here would have been 5 probably. 

Feeling ripped off and offended At the presumption. The tax didn’t help either. Just include the tax in price, don’t add on after. So yeah, trivial but still surly.

13 hours ago, Underdog said:

Flipping through channels this afternoon and I come across The Exorcist playing on AMC.  Not sure why they even bothered as they neutered/butchered the hell out of it with editing some of the language out of it.  Such a classic, iconic movie and they try and turn it into Heidi for God's sake. 

You're mother wears crocs in hell!

32 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Did you pay it ?  I'd say piss off.  I'm tipping a buck or 2 max for a drink, regardless of the cost per pour.

• Like 1

High school football coaches in general.

My oldest is a senior and has started on OL at RT every game beginning with game 1 his sophomore season.  He has also played every snap on offense during that time.  He is also in band, so for home games he stays out with the band, performs, then runs into the locker room.  He also enlisted in the Navy shortly after his junior year ended.  Once a month he has a mandatory meeting with the other Navy recruits in the area on a Thursday.  Therefore, once a month, he misses the walkthrough practice on Thursday.

This season he has been playing with some slight back pain since week 2 or 3.  A couple of weeks ago he went to see the trainer about it, so he missed the first part of practice.  Then on Thursday, it was the day for his mandatory Navy meeting.  Coach (28 or 29 year old first year head coach) decides to make an example and discipline him for missing practice.  Sits the kid for the first half of his senior year homecoming game.  He's been fucking with my boy since then.  I honestly think it's because my boy is also in band and so he doesn't see him as being fully bought in to football.

I can't say anything, because I have another kid on the team that is a sophomore.  Plus, I don't want to be 'that' dad. 

The senior is pretty good.  He's been on one visit to a small college and others have asked.  He's made his mind up, so he's not going to see any other colleges.  Kid is 6'4", 285, and is a road grader in run blocking and is also a very good pass blocker.  Hasn't had a penalty called on him since game 1 of his junior year. 

TL/DR:  High school football coaches are trivial and they make me surly.  And yeah, this is trivial, I know.

7 minutes ago, You don't know me said:

High school football coaches in general.

My oldest is a senior and has started on OL at RT every game beginning with game 1 his sophomore season.  He has also played every snap on offense during that time.  He is also in band, so for home games he stays out with the band, performs, then runs into the locker room.  He also enlisted in the Navy shortly after his junior year ended.  Once a month he has a mandatory meeting with the other Navy recruits in the area on a Thursday.  Therefore, once a month, he misses the walkthrough practice on Thursday.

This season he has been playing with some slight back pain since week 2 or 3.  A couple of weeks ago he went to see the trainer about it, so he missed the first part of practice.  Then on Thursday, it was the day for his mandatory Navy meeting.  Coach (28 or 29 year old first year head coach) decides to make an example and discipline him for missing practice.  Sits the kid for the first half of his senior year homecoming game.  He's been fucking with my boy since then.  I honestly think it's because my boy is also in band and so he doesn't see him as being fully bought in to football.

I can't say anything, because I have another kid on the team that is a sophomore.  Plus, I don't want to be 'that' dad. 

The senior is pretty good.  He's been on one visit to a small college and others have asked.  He's made his mind up, so he's not going to see any other colleges.  Kid is 6'4", 285, and is a road grader in run blocking and is also a very good pass blocker.  Hasn't had a penalty called on him since game 1 of his junior year. 

TL/DR:  High school football coaches are trivial and they make me surly.  And yeah, this is trivial, I know.

Seems like coach might want a 2nd cut at it, should you go public/ discussion with administrators if he doesn’t back off with his lack of support to your son’s obligation towards future military service.

That being said, we always did our ‘poolee’ meetings ( Marine early enlistees) on Saturday... but then you’re missing film review and ‘recovery’ workouts.

Sometimes, ya gotta make choices of what’s more important in life. The Navy’s not going to rescind his enlistment if he misses a meeting either.

11 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Seems like coach might want a 2nd cut at it, should you go public/ discussion with administrators if he doesn’t back off with his lack of support to your son’s obligation towards future military service.

That being said, we always did our ‘poolee’ meetings ( Marine early enlistees) on Saturday... but then you’re missing film review and ‘recovery’ workouts.

Sometimes, ya gotta make choices of what’s more important in life. The Navy’s not going to rescind his enlistment if he misses a meeting either.

Semper Fi.  I was a Marine too.

You're correct in that the Navy isn't going to rescind his contract or anything like that.  The boy has his priorities set though and the Navy is number one.  Luckily he probably has 3 more football games to play.  Their last regular season game is tonight, then playoffs.  They'll likely win one game in the playoffs and get bounced in the second round. 

Right after that wrestling starts, but that coach is much more understanding of other commitments.  My boy has always placed team events first in wrestling.  So, if there are competing obligations, he will do wrestling if it's a team event.  If it's an individual thing, like a tournament, he'll likely skip it (depending on what the other event is).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I'm getting really tired of being solicited for a charitable contribution at every single place that I shop.

Just say no...

It was good enough for the war on drugs, it should be good enough for slapdick solicitors

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Actually, now that you bring it up, I know I'm over 50%, but I'm still way worse with Q-tips than with all other disposable items. What the fuck is it about a Q-tip that is allergic to the wastebasket?

It's your delivery probably.  Gotta launch em like a missile, giving em a little twist with your fingers,  not chuck 'em like a basketball.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

2 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Actually, now that you bring it up, I know I'm over 50%, but I'm still way worse with Q-tips than with all other disposable items. What the fuck is it about a Q-tip that is allergic to the wastebasket?

You get one end more covered in ear wax than the other side and it throws the balance completely off.  It’s like throwing a bowling pin.  

Or you’re regarded.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On October 26, 2019 at 11:02 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

When your neighbor returns your Amazon package that was accidentally delivered to her house and it’s opened. It’s obviously being retuned just because it was something she didn’t want.

Or she was expecting a delivery from Amazon and didn't realize it wasn't her order until she opened the box. That's happened to me before. 

• Like 1

I ordered some shirts online last week and on Thursday I got a notice they were delivered to the parcel box.  So I walk down to get them and there's no key in our mailbox.  The mailman clearly put the key in the wrong mail box.  I contacted the post office, but after checking with the postman, they said he put them in the correct box.  OK, cool, hook em.  

So far nobody has done the right thing and brought them to my house.  They're fairly expensive shirts and I'm sure as soon as they saw them they kept them. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Or she was expecting a delivery from Amazon and didn't realize it wasn't her order until she opened the box. That's happened to me before. 

It was a pair of pillows that were vacuum sealed so that they were smooshed enough to fit into the box.  She not only opened the box, but she opened the vacuum sealed plastic on one of the pillows so it expanded and wouldn't fit back into the box. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It was a pair of pillows that were vacuum sealed so that they were smooshed enough to fit into the box.  She not only opened the box, but she opened the vacuum sealed plastic on one of the pillows so it expanded and wouldn't fit back into the box. 

Okay, that's weird. 

17 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Probably rubbed her butt all over the pillow too.