Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

18 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Two times I've been in wrecks (neither were my fault) and needed a rental car. I've explained several times that I have to have am SUV for work. Neither time have I actually gotten an SUV....

CSB once in Manchester NH, the rental car guy says "hey you want a free upgrade to a 4wd?"  Of course I'm thinking SUV like Explorer, Tahoe, even 4Runner, etc, certainly more enjoyable than generic mid size sedan.  I say "sure" he gives me the keys, tells me the space, I walk out and it's a...Subaru.  Whatever the little Subaru wagon is.  Bastid.

I got the last laugh though, the first snow of the winter happened that night and I had to drive down to Boston, which is normally a straight shot down I93 less than an hour.  Subaru behaved like a champ, bypassing folks pulled over under bridges, packed up at exits, etc.  

Edited by shakahorn
  • Like 1

People who sit in parking spaces with their cars in reverse but aren't actually backing up or even intending to back up any time soon.  Hey dumbass, you know those white lights on the back of your car that come on when your car is in reverse?  You're telling people you're about to back up.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 'stache said:

People who sit in their running cars in busy parking areas. I'm holding up traffic waiting for you to back up and leave because that's clearly what's going on and you're just fucking sitting there for more than a fucking minute. Not only have I held up traffic but now I've missed out on your spot. Fuck you. What the fuck are you doing anyway?

Are they in a VW Golf by any chance?

On 11/8/2019 at 12:01 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Fortnite updates every 3 days. I suck, and my 1.5 year old son knows it. Usually it's routine that I'll play a round to conk him out while i hold him. Well, every other day it seems i have to go through the 30 min process to download, copy, install the update just so im able to play the stupid game. THEN he can sleep by watching my terrible play

Grownups who play video games outside of a bar.

6 hours ago, shakahorn said:

CSB once in Manchester NH, the rental car guy says "hey you want a free upgrade to a 4wd?"  Of course I'm thinking SUV like Explorer, Tahoe, even 4Runner, etc, certainly more enjoyable than generic mid size sedan.  I say "sure" he gives me the keys, tells me the space, I walk out and it's a...Subaru.  Whatever the little Subaru wagon is.  Bastid.

I got the last laugh though, the first snow of the winter happened that night and I had to drive down to Boston, which is normally a straight shot down I93 less than an hour.  Subaru behaved like a champ, bypassing folks pulled over under bridges, packed up at exits, etc.  

Whoopty doo. 

19 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Real men don't put sugar in their espresso. 

I've always been told that how you like your coffee is where you are in life. When you're young you like it with milk and sugar, then you like it with milk only, then you like it black, then decaf, then you die. I'm at milk only.

29 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Real men don't put sugar in their espresso. 

Real mean DGAF what another man puts in their coffee...unless it's Irish whisky.  If so, then pass the fucking bottle.

FTR, I like my coffee black, no sugar...and occasionally, with whisky.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

I've always been told that how you like your coffee is where you are in life. When you're young you like it with milk and sugar, then you like it with milk only, then you like it black, then decaf, then you die. I'm at milk only.

When you turn 21 you should try it with a shot of Bailey's. 

11 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

People in sales who take forever to get to the price of their product. The line that if you give them the price they're just going to take it and go down the street is bullshit. If I don't get your price, I'm going down the street.

That's kind of like the "add to your cart to see the price" bullshit.  They're just being jerk offs making me add them remove.  

NFL news emanating from Adam Shefter, such as yesterday's suspension announcements for the players involved in Thursday night's helmet incident.  It's as if they credit him for digging for the story and getting the beat on the competition.

The news was coming regardless.  IDGAF that they called him first to put it on ESPN.

Stop insulting the viewer with this bullshit.  IT's trivial as fuck, because to whom the story is credited is virtually meaningless in these cases.  Now if ole Shefty comes out today and reports that it was premeditated and there's a league-wide movement of defensive players hitting QBs to protest the overprotective nature of the rules; now THAT would be a scoop that he fucking worked for.

• Like 2

People who sit in their running cars in busy parking areas. I'm holding up traffic waiting for you to back up and leave because that's clearly what's going on and you're just fucking sitting there for more than a fucking minute. Not only have I held up traffic but now I've missed out on your spot. Fuck you. What the fuck are you doing anyway?
You are way more of a problem than they are. People who hold up parking lots because they want a front spot are the worst. Trust me, there are spots 20 feet away and the walk is good for you. This is why I never park in the front of lots. Too much traffic. I park in the back. Easy exit.
  • Like 7

I like my coffee like I like my women: cold, pretentious, and in glasses.

Not really, though. I actually take it with no additives whatsoever, scalding hot, strong enough to wake the dead, and in a short, squat mug. Makes for a much less flattering analogy.
I like my liquor like I like my women.... Brown.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
18 hours ago, 'stache said:

I park in the back. Easy exit.

I see we aren’t doing phrasing anymore 

47 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
18 hours ago, 'stache said:

Read more  

You are way more of a problem than they are. People who hold up parking lots because they want a front spot are the worst. Trust me, there are spots 20 feet away and the walk is good for you. This is why I never park in the front of lots. Too much traffic. I park in the back. Easy exit.

It wasn’t Walmart it was on street parking in a busy urban restaurant district where parking is hard to find. I agree with what you’re saying in big box suburban parking lots but this was a different context and drives me crazy because everyone knows spots are in short supply. I was late meeting my party too otherwise I would have walked from my house since it’s close enough.

46 minutes ago, 'stache said:

It wasn’t Walmart it was on street parking in a busy urban restaurant district where parking is hard to find. I agree with what you’re saying in big box suburban parking lots but this was a different context and drives me crazy because everyone knows spots are in short supply. I was late meeting my party too otherwise I would have walked from my house since it’s close enough.

leave earlier and walk.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
6 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:
I like my coffee like I like my women: cold, pretentious, and in glasses.

Not really, though. I actually take it with no additives whatsoever, scalding hot, strong enough to wake the dead, and in a short, squat mug. Makes for a much less flattering analogy.

Read more  

I like my liquor like I like my women.... Brown.

I like my whiskey like I like my women - twelve years old and mixed up with coke. 

• Like 3

hctra seems to be the only place on the planet not capable of either a) charging my credit card again even though it must have expired years ago; b) sending an email or a telegram or a smoke signal that 'hey your balance is below $10 and we can't charge your card please update your account'; c) after the account went negative sending an email saying 'hey your account is negative please make payment.'

no, it skipped all those steps, no notice until a couple months later when i went through another two toll plazas, which now garner 'violations' on top of the tolls, and an 'admin fee' because reasons.  they'll automatically waive the 'violations' but not the $5 'admin fee' if i refill the account.  probably not worth my time to call and complain about the lack of communication.

Edited by elfenix

13 hours ago, elfenix said:

hctra seems to be the only place on the planet not capable of either a) charging my credit card again even though it must have expired years ago; b) sending an email or a telegram or a smoke signal that 'hey your balance is below $10 and we can't charge your card please update your account'; c) after the account went negative sending an email saying 'hey your account is negative please make payment.'

no, it skipped all those steps, no notice until a couple months later when i went through another two toll plazas, which now garner 'violations' on top of the tolls, and an 'admin fee' because reasons.  they'll automatically waive the 'violations' but not the $5 'admin fee' if i refill the account.  probably not worth my time to call and complain about the lack of communication.

Within HCTRA, there is a chart, with your a, b, and c.  And d is Profit!

i have lots of people who coopt my email address, intentional (unlikely) or not.  tell-tale sign is they use my gmail alias without separating periods -- which gmail funnels all into the same inbox (mine). 

and its not random spam.  its real emails from real persons and groups and businesses, with invoices, dialogues, accounts and etc.  often belonging to people whose actual name do not match mine/the alias.  which is totally confusing, but whatever.

anyway, i get a little retributive enjoyment by hijacking the emails.  if the email relates to an account, i go to that website, use the lost-password function to takeover the account, then kill it or just obscuring it. 

what sucks now is that all these websites use some sort of secondary authentication where the Lost-Password retrieval requires a confirmation via Call / SMS, so now its handicapped my inbox again.

On 11/16/2019 at 2:25 AM, Burt said:

People who put ketchup on a well-marbled ribeye...even if that person is my 7 yr old daughter.

Or they could be my step daughter, step son and wife who will all drown a prime grade ribeye in ranch dressing.  Steak night now is i get prime grade, they get whatever family pack is on sale at HEB.  Assuming its open.

• Like 1

We already talked about inflated job titles , meaningless job titles, and bullshit-millenial job titles ... but how about just complete vague flowery job descriptions?

"i empower the connection between technology and value-realization for fast moving teams in transformative spaces by grounded means"

motherfucker, you either have a (1) job title or (1) 10-word description that perfectly describes your actual work responsibilities.

• Like 1