Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

People in front of you in the check out line who, after paying for their stuff, have to spend ten minutes reorganizing their billfold/purse/pockets after spending the previous ten minutes digging through them trying to find 37 cents because they are mortified of the idea of having to put 63 cents in change back into them.

• Like 2

On 11/24/2019 at 4:10 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

Overheard recent order: garlic cheese-bread, but without the garlic, because "garlic is bad for you."

Literally the only honest-to-goodness healthy ingredient in that order, and it's the one getting called out.

Lucy made a mistake back there on the Serengeti. Humanity never should have come down from the trees.

Be around me for the next six hours after I eat some and you might agree with them.

Getting your feet wet in super cold water.

Our cat actually nailed this move the other morning. She knows I’ll get up and feed her even though I’m trying to sleep in. I was watching her sit on the night stand next to me when I wriggled my feet under the comforter.
She went airborne. BOOM.
Nailed the landing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I generally agree with the argument that it's sometimes overused (though it doesn't bother me - sometimes it's helpful for when you're not paying super close attention to the game, etc.) but I would suggest that the overall flow of the game itself should determine the shortest length of a run. In some bullshit UVA vs. Drying Paint 34-32 final score rock fight, a 4-0 run is a run. 

The new design of fast food drive thrus. I can't be the only person to notice that newer fast food drive thrus are designed to lock you in. So if you're behind someone whose vehicle shuts down or the kitchen staff is short a few workers and orders are taking a long time, you're in it for the long haul. We used to drive out to Lubbock for Christmas and we'd always get dinner at McDonalds. Well one time there was a long line and we had to decide whether or not to commit to it or not. I go inside to take a piss and see if I can order. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. There was only 1 employee there and she said that her coworkers had called in so it was just her. Order was a minimum 2 hour wait. Hell no we drove away. The drive thru was that locked in style so unless you could convince the people in front of you to drive off or the people behind you to back up, you're there for 2 hours.

• Like 1

Trivial road design issue that makes me surly: why doesn't the far north end of Lamar extend that last little bit to Howard Lane? There's a southbound connector from Howard/I35 to Lamar, but If you want to take Lamar **northbound** to Howard it forces you to turn back on the southbound 35 service road.

*Unless you can cut through that school campus off the left, which is still not ideal

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

^^ i was stuck at a taco bell drive through for an hour back in college (~20 years ago).  if i'd have been in a truck i would have gone over the curb, car probably would have gotten high centered and left a bumper cover. 

Hello Josh Gordon, guess the username means your career is about to rise from the ashes? I guess the wacky weed made the wait more tolerable. 
https://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=5658519

• Haha 1

On 12/6/2019 at 5:23 PM, Iceman said:

I-fuckng-35 fom Ft Worth to Hillsboro.

Who needs Yosemite when you can camp in the left hand lane all day.

I don’t necessarily believe in the death penalty, but these fuckers need a Sidewinder up the tailpipe.

I mean, I guess. But I’d suck off a homeless guy to drive that stretch instead of Salado to Austin.

On 12/8/2019 at 3:09 PM, nnm said:

Hello Josh Gordon, guess the username means your career is about to rise from the ashes? I guess the wacky weed made the wait more tolerable. 
https://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=5658519

That isn’t even the Taco Bell drive thru Big 12 champ.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1999-nov-19-sp-35414-story.html

7 minutes ago, Cody2422 said:

How about assholes on a plane sitting behind you that insist on deboarding before you 

Had a lady do this on one of our legs on one of our trips this summer.  The kicker was she boarded on a wheelchair.  She stood up most of the flight talking to friends of hers and then when the plane stopped she starts weasling her way back to the front of the plane.

Another plane issue... Flew Southwest over a year ago.  We were in the high As so I was hopefuly to get a exit seat.  Any way this elderly couple (high 70s at the youngest) grabs the last available aisle.  The attendant asks them can they handle the duties involved.  The husband nods there is no verbal or physical response from the wife, attendant walks off and the wife asks they husband "What did she say?".  

Also bugs me for flights with assigned seats and boarding groups, American Airlines, for instance, why board the front of the plane in the first group?  To make them feel special?  We all leave at the same time, if they boarded the back in group 1, the process would go so much smoother.  I’m flying home today, I’m surly

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Cody2422 said:

How about assholes on a plane sitting behind you that insist on deboarding before you 

I will block them out harder than Charles Barkley on the low block.  Next thing they’re gonna do is ‘accidentally ‘ whack you in the head with their bag out of the overhead.

Fuck those people.  You’ll get off when it’s your turn, motherfucker.

• Like 3

On 12/8/2019 at 1:35 PM, HRSchenker said:

The new design of fast food drive thrus. I can't be the only person to notice that newer fast food drive thrus are designed to lock you in. So if you're behind someone whose vehicle shuts down or the kitchen staff is short a few workers and orders are taking a long time, you're in it for the long haul. We used to drive out to Lubbock for Christmas and we'd always get dinner at McDonalds. Well one time there was a long line and we had to decide whether or not to commit to it or not. I go inside to take a piss and see if I can order. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. There was only 1 employee there and she said that her coworkers had called in so it was just her. Order was a minimum 2 hour wait. Hell no we drove away. The drive thru was that locked in style so unless you could convince the people in front of you to drive off or the people behind you to back up, you're there for 2 hours.

I'd like to add that the dual lane drive thru has no place in this current society of absolute morons...you get in one of these without an employee giving specific instructions on which vehicle to follow and it's like fucking Thunderdome...McDonalds, fuck me, all I want is a damn coffee not a fucking daily demolition derby initiated by some asshole who wants to cut the line to get his disgusting McGriddle 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, michaelpshayes said:

I'd like to add that the dual lane drive thru has no place in this current society of absolute morons...you get in one of these without an employee giving specific instructions on which vehicle to follow and it's like fucking Thunderdome...McDonalds, fuck me, all I want is a damn coffee not a fucking daily demolition derby initiated by some asshole who wants to cut the line to get his disgusting McGriddle 

I mean, you could park your car and walk an extra 15 steps to get your coffee and avoid all of it.  But, fuck it.  You do you 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cody2422 said:

Also bugs me for flights with assigned seats and boarding groups, American Airlines, for instance, why board the front of the plane in the first group?  To make them feel special?  We all leave at the same time, if they boarded the back in group 1, the process would go so much smoother.  I’m flying home today, I’m surly

Because the peasants at the back of the plane will take all of the overhead bin space if allowed. 

• Like 1