Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Had a lady do this on one of our legs on one of our trips this summer.  The kicker was she boarded on a wheelchair.  She stood up most of the flight talking to friends of hers and then when the plane stopped she starts weasling her way back to the front of the plane.
Another plane issue... Flew Southwest over a year ago.  We were in the high As so I was hopefuly to get a exit seat.  Any way this elderly couple (high 70s at the youngest) grabs the last available aisle.  The attendant asks them can they handle the duties involved.  The husband nods there is no verbal or physical response from the wife, attendant walks off and the wife asks they husband "What did she say?".  

Big pet peeve of mine. Why the FA’s don’t call the olds out to move in an exit row I don’t know.

It never effing fails.  At a hotel in San Antonio.  Go down for breakfast.  Want coffee.  The coffee portion of the table is at least 10 feet wide.  HOWEVER, fat fuck Bertha has to pour her coffee, add 6 sugars, 4 creams, stir, and put the lid on RIGHT in front of the coffee urn.  I stood there for almost 3 mins today before I could pour my cup.

• Like 1

Zappos.com <2012action@zappos.com>

12:40 PM (8 minutes ago)

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO READ THIS EMAIL

Dear elfenix,

You should have received an email in mid-October about a proposed class action settlement, stating that because you were a customer of Zappos in January 2012, you are entitled to receive a 10% discount on your next Zappos purchase.  This discount was part of a settlement reached in the lawsuit filed because of the data breach that occurred in January 2012. 

We wanted to reach out again to remind you that you may use your discount code between now and the end of the year (December 31, 2019 at 11:59 pm pacific time to be exact).  Here are some highlights for using your discount code:

• You may combine it with other promotions, discounts or points that you have on your Zappos account. 
• You can use it on ANY merchandise available on the Zappos app or website, including items that are on sale. 
• Your discount code is good on your entire order, no matter how many items you have in your shopping cart.
• There is no limit to how much you can save on your purchase. 
• Or, if you prefer, you can simply transfer the code to someone else to use. 

Once you've selected the items you want to purchase, select “Proceed to Checkout” and you’ll have a chance to enter your code. 

• For Desktop Users: Under “2. Payment Method,” you’ll see a dropdown for “Add gift card or promo code (including a VIP code)”. Simply enter the code there, click “Apply,” and continue checking out.

• For App Users: Select “Gift Codes” in the top right corner, enter your code, select save, and continue checking out.

For additional information regarding the settlement, please visit www.Zapposdatasettlement.com, which is the only official settlement website.  Thank you for your patience and understanding and, as always, we’re here to help. If you need help with placing an order, please don’t hesitate to reach out by contacting us at 2012action@zappos.com or (877) 927-2332.  If you need information about the settlement, please write to:  Zappos Settlement Administrator, P.O. Box 43434, Providence, RI  02940-3434, or telephone 1-855-263-1060. 

We appreciate you,

Your Friends at Zappos

is it illegal to mail a flaming bag of dog shit to the lawyers who "represented" me in this?  10% off coupon that's good for 10 weeks?  fuck you!

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

is it illegal to mail a flaming bag of dog shit to the lawyers who "represented" me in this?  10% off coupon that's good for 10 weeks?  fuck you!

Here’s another 10% coupon for Zappos. I’d like $50,000 for my representation. Send check to NNM, Esq.  Thanks. 
https://www.retailmenot.com/offer/XP2KFK3EIJFVZJD6C7O7G6N6ZI/

Edited by nnm

On 12/14/2019 at 8:36 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

It never effing fails.  At a hotel in San Antonio.  Go down for breakfast.  Want coffee.  The coffee portion of the table is at least 10 feet wide.  HOWEVER, fat fuck Bertha has to pour her coffee, add 6 sugars, 4 creams, stir, and put the lid on RIGHT in front of the coffee urn.  I stood there for almost 3 mins today before I could pour my cup.

Happened to me yesterday at Freebirds. Guy in front of me is holding his to go bag in his left hand and fucking up the lid process with his right. Can’t get the wrapper off his straw. It was a 30 second idiot dance that felt like an hour.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Pig tail off the coffee rant and add on the dumbass standing in front of the register trying to put away his CC while others are waiting to pay. 

Yeah gonna disagree on that. I'm gonna put my change, and or card away before moving off, but I'm gonna to do it as quickly as possible.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Pig tail off the coffee rant and add on the dumbass standing in front of the register trying to put away his CC while others are waiting to pay. 

Pig tail? Never heard that one. Dove tail, maybe, but most likely you meant piggyback.

Edited by Llogg
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah gonna disagree on that. I'm gonna put my change, and or card away before moving off, but I'm gonna to do it as quickly as possible.

Move it along. 

2 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Pig tail? Never heard that one. Dove tail, maybe, but most likely you meant piggyback.

D’oh!

5 hours ago, nnm said:

18-wheelers in the far left lane in rush hour traffic.  They completely gum up the works.  The municipalities that have the "no trucks left lane" in the multi-lane areas have the right idea.  

We have that in Austin and there are at least two trucks a day that don’t give a fuck. 

4 hours ago, elfenix said:

18 wheelers should have 18 wheeler only roads, and cars should have car only roads. 

This is the correct answer. 

Getting home from work and my new 50" TV is on the front porch.   They call us or ring the door bell and raise all sorts of ruckus on such benign things as a t-shirt or a $5 ice scraper delivery; but a prime target for porch pirates during the Christmas season?  Nah...it'll be OK until the Iceman shows up...

On the positive side, half the old retirees on my street would love for someone to grab something so they could field-check their marksmanship skills.  There is no fucking crime here...LOL.

• Haha 2

Probably already been posted before, but when you're at a busy "order at the counter" restaurant with a line and the (usually boomer women or older couples) in front of you wait until they get to the cashier to grab a menu and decide what to order, despite there being a fucking menu on the wall they could have read while waiting. Then they typically follow up with inane questions about items on the menu that could be answered by simply reading the menu. My wife has had to elbow me before after I've let out an audible "jesus fucking christ" under my breath.

Also, as a corollary, the restaurants that are set up this way which refuse to make any effort to be more efficient. Shit like when a breakfast place that always gets crowded has the lone cashier stepping away from the register between each order to both make and then serve coffee drinks despite having other staff members on hand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Probably already been posted before, but when you're at a busy "order at the counter" restaurant with a line and the (usually boomer women or older couples) in front of you wait until they get to the cashier to grab a menu and decide what to order, despite there being a fucking menu on the wall they could have read while waiting. Then they typically follow up with inane questions about items on the menu that could be answered by simply reading the menu. My wife has had to elbow me before after I've let out an audible "jesus fucking christ" under my breath.

Also, as a corollary, the restaurants that are set up this way which refuse to make any effort to be more efficient. Shit like when a breakfast place that always gets crowded has the lone cashier stepping away from the register between each order to both make and then serve coffee drinks despite having other staff members on hand.

One more reason to love CHICK FIL A

12 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

I could kick my own ass every time I roll up to gas pump and either the screen is unreadable or the pump has a plastic bag over that is twisted in some fashion so that it can't be readily seen.  Today I vowed I would start looking harder before I roll up on one.

13 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

I could kick my own ass every time I roll up to gas pump and either the screen is unreadable or the pump has a plastic bag over that is twisted in some fashion so that it can't be readily seen.  Today I vowed I would start looking harder before I roll up on one.

One of the new gas stations by me use pumps that flipped the card reader the opposite direction...so you have to insert your card ass backwards.  They were apparently having enough people getting pissed that they "weren't working" that they now have printed instructions taped to all the pumps.

The slow walking family that moseys along in a crowded environment (airport, busy city street, mall) four or five abreast, with a toddler or two for good measure, blocking the flow of foot traffic.  Similar to the airport stoppers mentioned by Diggler above.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HouTex said:

^^^ Especially at the very bottom of an escalator where people getting off behind them have nowhere to go. When I push them out of the way as gently as possible they act you just slapped their kid.

or right off the jetway into the terminal...

"Which way do we go now that we have a choice"

"I don't know, maybe the signs will come to us?"

• Haha 1

Those same slack-jawed dipshits can also be found immediately outside of revolving doors. It really sucks when they're too old and frail to just shoulder check and instead you have to shout "excuse me" at them as you pass by on your way to taking another lap around the door and hoping that they get the fucking point and move. 

16 hours ago, HouTex said:

^^^ Especially at the very bottom of an escalator where people getting off behind them have nowhere to go. When I push them out of the way as gently as possible they act you just slapped their kid.

You could just smack them WITH your kid. 

On 12/18/2019 at 11:03 AM, nnm said:

The slow walking family that moseys along in a crowded environment (airport, busy city street, mall) four or five abreast, with a toddler or two for good measure, blocking the flow of foot traffic.  Similar to the airport stoppers mentioned by Diggler above.

Six Flags is the worst for this.

Posted a refrigerator on Facebook Marketplace for $25. First words in the description are "Compressor needs repair . . ." At least four messages to me "Does it work?" Do this many people seriously go through life without even a bare minimum effort?

Edited by 'stache
  • Haha 1