Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

14 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Posted a refrigerator on Facebook Marketplace for $25. First words in the description are "Compressor needs repair . . ." At least four messages to me "Does it work?" Do this many people seriously go through life without even a bare minimum effort?

Yeah but everything else  might work like the light, and the water thru the door.

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

"appears" being the operative 

It's $25. It needs repair. Nobody is asking anything specific. Just "does it work"? Description says no, compressor needs repair. If someone asked "does the blower work? The lights? Ice machine?" I'd answer. But "does it work" has already been answered.

28 minutes ago, Okie State said:

I couldn't get $25 for a working fridge in my neighborhood. Bunch of damn cheapskates.

Going rate for working is about $100 or $125. I'm expecting someone to offer me $15 or $20, which I'd take. If it lasts more than a week, I'll just give it away to someone who can fix it.

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

Posted a refrigerator on Facebook Marketplace for $25. First words in the description are "Compressor needs repair . . ." At least four messages to me "Does it work?" Do this many people seriously go through life without even a bare minimum effort?

Will you take $5 for it and deliver it to my house? 

Gotta love those kinds of offers. 

I may have brought this up, cant remember.

Anyhow, ive been getting these russian calendar invites. The way google works is even though you dont accept, it shows up on your calendar. The cal is EVERYDAY FOR 5 YEARS. so, it clogs your cal. I have to delete the event usually 3 times a day. Frustrating.

• Haha 1

Pig tail off the coffee rant and add on the dumbass standing in front of the register trying to put away his CC while others are waiting to pay. 
Today at the store, similar. Old guy buys something and gets his change. Decides to take all of his paper bills out and reorganize them in numeric order. It took maybe 45 seconds but felt like 5 minutes. He turns around as he is leaving and says 'oh'. That made me more ragey but he was 80 and it was Christmas eve.

4 hours ago, markstanco said:

I may have brought this up, cant remember.

Anyhow, ive been getting these russian calendar invites. The way google works is even though you dont accept, it shows up on your calendar. The cal is EVERYDAY FOR 5 YEARS. so, it clogs your cal. I have to delete the event usually 3 times a day. Frustrating.

...and you have no idea how those started showing up?  Amirite...?

^

I used to give a shit, but this'll be the 10th installment at JerryWorld.  Plus, it's almost a zero% chance that Texas ever plays in that game again the agreement with the Big XII and the Sugar Bowl.  Either the Cotton Bowl is in the the CFP rotation, and we have no chance of making that anytime soon.  Or it's a NY6 Bowl, but even if we don't make the CFP, next up is Sugar Bowl for us.  It's 1 out of every 3 years the Cotton Bowl could even take a Big XII runner-up, and we'd have to make that the year we lose to a team in the conference championship game again that takes the Sugar Bowl spot but is not selected for the CFP, putting us down into the Cotton Bowl.  It's been 16 years since we played in the Cotton Bowl Classic and will probably be another 16 before we play there again.  So they can play it at UNT for all I give a shit.  

What makes me surly is the annual "too many bowl games" whiners at holiday events.  If you're not anxious after this many days of family drama to get out of the house and watch some football, you're insane.  A friend who went to UNC asked me to watch them play Temple today over lunch.  Before I could even ask which bowl game that was and what time, I had already said yes.  

30 minutes ago, Lobo said:

What makes me surly is the annual "too many bowl games" whiners at holiday events.  If you're not anxious after this many days of family drama to get out of the house and watch some football, you're insane.  A friend who went to UNC asked me to watch them play Temple today over lunch.  Before I could even ask which bowl game that was and what time, I had already said yes.  

Agreed. I mean this time of year, it's bowl games, NBA (which I'm not really into), or Hallmark movies. I guess their is college BB, but that doesn't really interest me until conference play really gets going...

On 12/23/2019 at 3:27 PM, StruggleBus said:

Shoulder checks should be utilized with care. This, however, is an absolute shoulder check situation. 

On 12/13/2019 at 10:11 AM, Cody2422 said:

How about assholes on a plane sitting behind you that insist on deboarding before you 

I totally agree, but what really pisses me off is the asshole setting in the isle seat in front of me who sets on his ass and doesn’t move until everyone in front has cleared out, then decides to get up block the isle as he struggles to find and get his damn carry on down while blocking his row passengers and the whole plane.    At least, open the damn bin and locate your carry on and have the energy to be ready.

1 hour ago, ruitxn said:

I totally agree, but what really pisses me off is the asshole setting in the isle seat in front of me who sets on his ass and doesn’t move until everyone in front has cleared out, then decides to get up block the isle as he struggles to find and get his damn carry on down while blocking his row passengers and the whole plane.    At least, open the damn bin and locate your carry on and have the energy to be ready.

I'd like to see a sentence diagram of that first sentence.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 11:19 PM, markstanco said:
On 12/16/2019 at 8:54 AM, Underdog said:
Pig tail off the coffee rant and add on the dumbass standing in front of the register trying to put away his CC while others are waiting to pay. 

Today at the store, similar. Old guy buys something and gets his change. Decides to take all of his paper bills out and reorganize them in numeric order. It took maybe 45 seconds but felt like 5 minutes. He turns around as he is leaving and says 'oh'. That made me more ragey but he was 80 and it was Christmas eve.

Sorry about that.

• Like 1

Dirty concrete. Gaw damn that makes me rage. I have a 3600 psi power washer and I wash my driveway twice a year and the same with my lakehouse. Black concrete because of acidic leaves makes me angry. If you dont have a washer hire some crackhead to do it for $100. Respect your property.

You been driving by my house again?

The slow walking family that moseys along in a crowded environment (airport, busy city street, mall) four or five abreast, with a toddler or two for good measure, blocking the flow of foot traffic.  Similar to the airport stoppers mentioned by Diggler above.
Fucking this. They should be lined up and shot.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
On 12/18/2019 at 11:03 AM, nnm said:
The slow walking family that moseys along in a crowded environment (airport, busy city street, mall) four or five abreast, with a toddler or two for good measure, blocking the flow of foot traffic.  Similar to the airport stoppers mentioned by Diggler above.

Fucking this. They should be lined up and shot.

You have any idea how long that would take?

So, we're renovating an old farm house on about 5 acres of prime Piedmont forest farmland. Met the neighbors from across the street, and that was just fine -- a few too many used essential oil bottles lying on the back seat of their Prius, but they run a 250+ acre organic farm, so I know they're hard workers, and, more to the point, they made it clear they are "live and let live" type folk who we "probably won't hear from much, but if you ever need anything, email us and we'll get back to you in a day or two." Perfect neighbors.

The 15 acre L-shaped property to our east-and-south, however, is undeveloped pine forest, and we met the guy who leases it for hunting and fishing, and he's not so desirable as a neighbor.

See, they have been working on cutting an access road in the leg of the 'L' to get to the long part of their property, which runs behind us. So, when this guy saw us working in the yard (cleaning up the mess from the hoarders who used to own it), he spies an opportunity to slack off his self-appointed task, and walks over and asks if he can use our driveway to access his deer hunting territory.

"No, that's where my fruit orchard is going. It used to be a dirt road, but now it's going to be peaches and berries."

This is the point at which a good neighbor would say, "Oh, well, thanks anyway, I figured it doesn't hurt to ask," or some such. But no, he proceeds to come up with a dozen different ways to ask the same damned question, wasting my time, and filling the air with his gin-soaked stupidity for another fifteen minutes of time-wasting badgering. Hell, if he actually owned the land, instead of just being the lessee, I might have gone halfsies with him on a project to clear his road whilst and at the same time as putting up a fence on that side of the property; I could make good use of the timber he's clearing, and he's having to pay for a new survey anyway, since he's putting in the damned road, but now I won't even give him a goddamned cup of sugar if he asks. There is absolutely nothing I hate more than somebody wasting my time while I'm trying to get something done.

If I'm sitting on the porch, drone away all you want; I'll happily tune you out. But if I'm hauling junk to the dumpster, either pitch in, or get the fuck off my lawn.

People using memes who have no idea wtf the meme is about.  Examples:

- My JH students constantly saying "OK Boomer."  I've learned them a few times on what it means.  

- Have a buddy that sent me a Mandalorian yoda child meme.  I asked him, "Are you watching that show?  It's awesome!"  ... "No, I don't even know what channel it's on"

8 minutes ago, ernest_t_bass said:

- My JH students constantly saying "OK Boomer."  I've learned them a few times on what it means.  

- Have a buddy that sent me a Mandalorian yoda child meme.  I asked him, "Are you watching that show?  It's awesome!"  ... "No, I don't even know what channel it's on"

Ok, Boomer.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ernest_t_bass said:

Memes are Fonzy on skis usually.

1 hour ago, ernest_t_bass said:

What do you think that it means?