Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

On 3/17/2020 at 10:49 AM, ABSR said:

When you have one that is keeping your deposit (half of the projected cost) for a Bar Mitzvah party that has to be canceled because of Covid19, get back to me.

Although I guess this should be in the Non-Trivial things topic.

Sorry, didn't mean to tell my nothing story.  Thank you for immediately one upping me.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

People who block the sidewalk when they park their cars in the driveway

Expanding on this, fuckers who back their jacked up monster trucks into spots in surface lots downtown so that the bed completely blocks the sidewalk.  Fuck you for making me walk in the street.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Expanding on this, fuckers who back their jacked up monster trucks into spots in surface lots downtown so that the bed completely blocks the sidewalk.  Fuck you for making me walk in the street.

Don’t you feel bad for them? They have to go through life with a little bitty pecker, and the embarrassment of knowing that the whole world knows it. Poor guys. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

People who block the sidewalk when they park their cars in the driveway

People who can’t fucking drive and sideswipe vehicles in the street.  See also little kids on bikes/ skateboards/ etc.

Go run in the fucking park if you get pissy about my cars in MY driveway.

18 minutes ago, Iceman said:

People who can’t fucking drive and sideswipe vehicles in the street.  See also little kids on bikes/ skateboards/ etc.

Go run in the fucking park if you get pissy about my cars in MY driveway.

In Texas, it's illegal to park over the sidewalk. Also, fuck you for making me walk in the street with a baby stroller. If you can't figure out how to park your car without inconveniencing someone else, you're an asshole

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

In Texas, it's illegal to park over the sidewalk. Also, fuck you for making me walk in the street with a baby stroller. If you can't figure out how to park your car without inconveniencing someone else, you're an asshole

Ok.  The whole neighborhood shoulda made the driveways longer.  Not my problem.  Not parking in the street. Period.

Make the kid walk.

Edited by Iceman
  • Haha 1

yep...and even with all of the complainers, and you can bet your sweet ass one of the douches tried to file suit; nobody in our (large) subdivision ever was cited for the infraction.

take your legalese and add a dash or two of common sense and walk away...

11 hours ago, Iceman said:

yep...and even with all of the complainers, and you can bet your sweet ass one of the douches tried to file suit; nobody in our (large) subdivision ever was cited for the infraction.

take your legalese and add a dash or two of common sense and walk away...

they ticket folks in our neighborhood for it and it makes me very happy

45 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

The "Okay, got it" auto-response from an Uber driver when you send them a text with detailed location instructions. No, you don't got it, you didn't even read the fucking message. Shithead.

what do you want them to do?  retype the whole thing back to you?

14 minutes ago, luke duke said:

Perhaps you shouldn’t have bought a house with a micro driveway if it’s that important to you.

It doesn't bother me or most of the other people in that subdivision( imperial Oaks in Spring/ Conroe)

4 cars in driveway( school aged kids) and if we parked in the street on both sides, you can barely get a car down the street safely.   The way we do it IS safer, regardless of the law.  That might be why nobody is getting citations...just maybe.

Seems to bother a shit ton of you motherfuckers though.  even better...

Edited by Iceman

16 hours ago, luke duke said:

Sorry your house sucks.

House was great.  Neighborhood was great. Great place to raise a family. Not a lot of douchers like the complainers on here.

We’ve been gone a year, so property values likely skyrocketed...

16 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Social distancing does not mean you don’t have to clean up after your moose shits in my yard
7f8db7cd2532e3a5a14fc4424d2afa55.jpg

Yeah, there’s some knucklehead in our neighborhood that seems to be walking an elephant, judging by the size of the turds he’s leaving on the sidewalk. Every other soul in the neighborhood picks up their dog turds, but not the elephant-walker. I’m really hoping I get to catch that idiot in the act, so I can bag up all the turds and leave them on their front step. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, markstanco said:
2 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:
During a zoom meeting.  While you are reminding your subordinates to not touch their faces.  And it causes you to sneeze.  Fuck China, and fuck nose hair.

If you are in a zoom, presumably from your house, why are you reminding people to not touch their face?

Company line.  The guys working from home are the backup for the personnel at work.  I am expected to constantly remind them to stay healthy in case they have to go in and replace someone.  It's juvenile and childish, but, hey, so is high school.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Company line.  The guys working from home are the backup for the personnel at work.  I am expected to constantly remind them to stay healthy in case they have to go in and replace someone.  It's juvenile and childish, but, hey, so is high school.

"faces" are low on the list of things you need to worry about highschoolers touching.

14 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

"faces" are low on the list of things you need to worry about highschoolers touching.

I was riffing on Ferris Buehler's licking his hands remark, because I think that treating my guys like school kids and lecturing them every day is kind of juvenile and childish.  We are wastewater operators; we live wash your hands/don't touch your face every minute of every work day.  It's silly to keep reminding them, but everyone else in the city has to be told, so we get it, too.

Edited by Scheiss Meister

27 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I was riffing on Ferris Buehler's licking his hands remark, because I think that treating my guys like school kids and lecturing them every day is kind of juvenile and childish.  We are wastewater operators; we live wash your hands/don't touch your face every minute of every work day.  It's silly to keep reminding them, but everyone else in the city has to be told, so we get it, too.

Hmmmmmmm..... how are your TPs reports ?  You putting the correct covers on them ??

Unknown.jpeg

• Like 1

Maybe I've worked with women way too long but if I send someone an email and they begin their response with "Hi [first name]!" I get incredibly pissed. That's what women do when they want to be condescending and arrogant but can't let their bitchy voice do all of the heavy lifting.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2020 at 8:56 AM, HRSchenker said:

Maybe I've worked with women way too long but if I send someone an email and they begin their response with "Hi [first name]!" I get incredibly pissed. That's what women do when they want to be condescending and arrogant but can't let their bitchy voice do all of the heavy lifting.

How would you prefer one responds to emails?  Dear sir?  Salutations?  Ahoy hoy?

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Like 1