Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

15 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

I know it has been covered....but fuck any asshole who uses a speaker in public instead of headphones.  WTF.  No one wants to hear your shitty fucking music.  Get the China Virus and DIAF

Ha.  Husband and wife neighbors biking past my house just this past Tuesday had Marilyn Manson The Beautiful People blaring on some portable speaker.  I was LOUD.

WTF??

• Haha 1

the increasing number of names for small, easy to peel citrus.  mandarin wasn't cute enough so they went with clementine, which also wasn't cute enough so they came up with cuties, then halos when the two companies that used the cuties brand split, and now everyone has their own goddamn brand name for a sack of mandarins. 

(and before you @me, i know that mandarin is one of the original citrus, clementine is a hybrid of a mandarin and another citrus, and there's several other hybrids that are also sold as mandarins or clementines depending on the season and orchard, which only a botanist would care about because they're all pretty much the same culinarily)

Edited by elfenix

On 4/17/2020 at 5:22 PM, elfenix said:

the increasing number of names for small, easy to peel citrus.  mandarin wasn't cute enough so they went with clementine, which also wasn't cute enough so they came up with cuties, then halos when the two companies that used the cuties brand split, and now everyone has their own goddamn brand name for a sack of mandarins. 

(and before you @me, i know that mandarin is one of the original citrus, clementine is a hybrid of a mandarin and another citrus, and there's several other hybrids that are also sold as mandarins or clementines depending on the season and orchard, which only a botanist would care about because they're all pretty much the same culinarily)

I thought it was just different company names like Sunkist, Dole, etc.

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

is anyone else just nauseated by the preface "in these trying times" "in this time of covid" "in times such as these"

motherfucker unless you live under a rock on the surface of mars, errbody knows what time it is

Of course we do ..it's hammer ti... no wait it's 1999... no wait that isn't it either...

On 4/16/2020 at 2:30 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

I know it has been covered....but fuck any asshole who uses a speaker in public instead of headphones.  WTF.  No one wants to hear your shitty fucking music.  Get the China Virus and DIAF

Too much to FIFY, but it’s even worse when you’re walking through the grocery and some fuckface is talking on their speaker phone with their mom or some shit, all loud and obnoxious and not paying attention to where they’re going 

• Like 1

Freaking barn swallows nesting in the overhang at my entryway. Stupid birds are protected and sure as I sit here my neighbors will turn me in if they see me plunking one. So I have to power wash down the nesting site 2-3X/day to keep them from establishing. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nnm said:

Freaking barn swallows nesting in the overhang at my entryway. Stupid birds are protected and sure as I sit here my neighbors will turn me in if they see me plunking one. So I have to power wash down the nesting site 2-3X/day to keep them from establishing. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Z5E4IE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I put these up to get rid of them.

• Like 1

When you've got one of those rock-hard and semi-jagged BB shaped boogers at the top of your nostril, and instead of coming out quickly and quietly, it retreats into that little secret trapdoor that feels like a direct connection into the depths of your brain and then makes you fight like you're reeling in a fucking marlin. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Like 5

On 4/20/2020 at 11:44 AM, nnm said:

Spray some bleach on those areas before the start to nest.

They will not come after that.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 11:44 AM, nnm said:

Paint the porch ceiling sky blue and they won't come back. They think it is open sky. We did it and it worked for us. We first hung the plastic owls and they built nest on the Owls head. I kid you not.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alex Karev said:

Paint the porch ceiling sky blue and they won't come back. They think it is open sky. We did it and it worked for us. We first hung the plastic owls and they built nest on the Owls head. I kid you not.

Haint blue.  My front porch is the same way.  No mud daubers, no bugs, all clean all the time.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

Those little yellow stickmen holding the orange flag does not give you and your bike riding kids the right to take over the entire street while I'm trying to drive on it.

They're tortoises, you dummy.

And you have two of them on opposing sides of your street.  I laugh at them everytime I walk my dogs down your street in the morning.

Gonna relocate them to your driveway while your hugging your pillow.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, deadshank said:

They're tortoises, you dummy.

And you have two of them on opposing sides of your street.  I laugh at them everytime I walk my dogs down your street in the morning.

Gonna relocate them to your driveway while your hugging your pillow.

You've never noticed the green laser dot have you?

I just drove down the street and two of the three stick men are laying on their sides. 

Edited by Lat22
  • Haha 1

Why the fuck doesn't anyone seem to make a really lightweight, low-impact, no-BS free antivirus program. Over the years I've been through AVG, Bitdefender, and now Kaspersky Free and they inevitably decide that their shit needs a bunch of extra modules and "features" I don't want, and past a certain point you're forced to accept it because they won't release virus database updates unless you update the core application to the bloated version.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

Why the fuck doesn't anyone seem to make a really lightweight, low-impact, no-BS free antivirus program. Over the years I've been through AVG, Bitdefender, and now Kaspersky Free and they inevitably decide that their shit needs a bunch of extra modules and "features" I don't want, and past a certain point you're forced to accept it because they won't release virus database updates unless you update the core application to the bloated version.

Have you tried Malwarebytes?

On 4/20/2020 at 6:54 AM, Trey3216 said:

Too much to FIFY, but it’s even worse when you’re walking through the grocery and some fuckface is talking on their speaker phone with their mom or some shit, all loud and obnoxious and not paying attention to where they’re going 

You've met my wife?

• Like 1

when you've already watched one several minute long ad on youtube because they've got to make money somehow and it queues up another right behind it.  fuck that.  i already sat through motley fool trying to sell me an electric car pyramid scheme, i don't need your fucking douchebag jumprope too

• Like 1

Have you tried Malwarebytes?

This is the correct answer. Once I enabled Windows Defender and put Malwarebytes on my parents’ computer, they’ve managed not to fuck it up for the past several years.

Before that I would have to wipe their hard drive once or twice a year because it was unusable with all the malware. They’re olds that click on every link they are sent.

My daughter decided we needed to go ride bikes. I pulled the bikes out of the garage, dusted off the cobwebs, aired up the tires, adjusted the seats and handlebars, and off we went. We decided to ride over to Bahama Bucks and get some snow cones. Unfortunately we got caught up in some kind of snow cone catch 22. You can’t go through the drive through on foot or on a bike, but you have to go through the drive through. No snow cones for us. Thanks a lot Trump.

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

My daughter decided we needed to go ride bikes. I pulled the bikes out of the garage, dusted off the cobwebs, aired up the tires, adjusted the seats and handlebars, and off we went. We decided to ride over to Bahama Bucks and get some snow cones. Unfortunately we got caught up in some kind of snow cone catch 22. You can’t go through the drive through on foot or on a bike, but you have to go through the drive through. No snow cones for us. Thanks a lot Trump.

Sounds more like a local common sense thing than political.

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

That's a Biden campaign commercial right there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Sounds more like a local common sense thing than political.

He’s just riffing off the old “thanks Obama” SNL thing, when that was the catchphrase whenever something went wrong, regardless of the connection to the pres. 

At least I hope he is. 

• Like 3