Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

On 4/14/2020 at 9:04 AM, HRSchenker said:

In context it absolutely is condescending. I've worked with enough women to know when to hit delete on an email that begins like that.

Think you’re looking for the “Trivial things that make you surly that make you a sociopath” thread....

I'm getting surly trying to figure out which god given right supersedes which other god given right.  Apparently the god given right to not wear a face mask in public supersedes the god given right to not have germy snot blown into the air we breathe and If one doesn't like it, then one should just stay home.  However, the god given right to not wear clothes in public (just like adam and eve) does not supersede the god given right to not see me naked.  If you don't want to see me naked can't you just stay home?

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

Just now, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I'm getting surly trying to figure out which god given right supersedes which other god given right.  Apparently the god given right to not wear a face mask in public supersedes the god given right to not have germy snot blown into the air we breathe and If one doesn't like it, then one should just stay home.  H

Aren't they both a gift from God ?

On 4/27/2020 at 7:05 PM, RPM said:
With all the TV shows being shot at home, a lot of people have those ring lights that reduce shadows. Problem is that it makes everyone have freaky glowing retnas.

After watching too many amateur allure videos i've associated ring lights with blow job videos

Edited by elfenix
fucking autocorrect
  • Like 1

People who have long ass email signatures at work that take up half a screen.  Graphics, social media links, etc....nobody cares or is reading all that.

Put down your name, your title, and contact information in whatever font you type in and get the fuck on with it.  It shouldn't take up more than a few lines.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Tom said:

People who have long ass email signatures at work that take up half a screen.  Graphics, social media links, etc....nobody cares or is reading all that.

Put down your name, your title, and contact information in whatever font you type in and get the fuck on with it.  It shouldn't take up more than a few lines.

But how will people know my favorite bible verse?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

But how will people know my favorite bible verse?

To me, it's very personal.  The bible means a lot to me, but I don't want to get into specific passages.  I don't want to get into my favorite bible verses, okay?  

To me, the bible is like a Michael Bolton boxed set...I like 'em all about the same I guess.  Must be even harder for you being named Jesu's in real life.

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

To me, it's very personal.  The bible means a lot to me, but I don't want to get into specific passages.  I don't want to get into my favorite bible verses, okay?  

To me, the bible is like a Michael Bolton boxed set...I like 'em all about the same I guess.  Must be even harder for you being named Jesu's in real life.

I celebrate Jesus' entire catalog.

• Like 1

It seems a little redundant, after adding a hard drive to a RAID 0 stripe, to have to tell Windows 10 to increase the stripe's total capacity to include the space from the new hard drive. Once the drive is in the stripe, how is its capacity not automatically rolled in...?

I was just about to post the exact same thing.
  • Like 2

when my fire tv asks me whether, yes, i actually do want to reboot it, after i've navigated through 4 menus to get there and pressed the reboot button.  no, fire tv, i didn't want to reboot, i was looking on netflix for the latest episode of british baking challenge, i have no idea how i got to the reboot option, thanks for fucking saving me from making a mistake that might cost 3 minutes of my time and lose no user data!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

A little vague there.  I'm Looking for something  more precise.  I bet Jesus wept is the verse best suited. I know I wept after whiffing a lot of curves in my day.

Luke 3:5.  He will make the curveball straight.  

Guest Lobo

People who start speeches with one of these three phrases: 

"We're gonna go ahead and get started."  You've already lost the room.  Just start with a standard greeting like, "Good Morning" or "Welcome" or "Thank you for Coming"

"I'm a (insert number) generation (insert name of state/city the conference is being held)"  You had nothing to do with where you were born, it's not an achievement that will impress a room.  It's like announcing that you're left handed, it's just something you were born into.  Unless you lost your right arm in an accident and then became left handed, that's a fucking great story that you should totally open with.  

"I'm (name) and I'm a Serial Entrepreneur"  What an overly-abused cliche title.  You and your spouse are involved in a MLM company with organic health products.  That's fine, but it doesn't make you a serial entrepreneur.  

I thought these intros would burn out after we left behind in-person conferences, but nope---every single fucking Zoom meeting starts with one of these three.  

We're a global company so one time somebody thought they were cute and started a conf call with "good morning, good afternoon, and good evening....."

And now half of the lemmings use that as their intro.  And every time I hear it I want to stab myself in the neck

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

That's an appropriate greeting since we're obviously living in a Truman-esque Simulation.  Nothing else explains the lunacy we are living with.  

Society:  Queue the Sun, and then head straight for it.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

That's an appropriate greeting since we're obviously living in a Truman-esque Simulation.  Nothing else explains the lunacy we are living with.  

Society:  Queue the Sun, and then head straight for it.

Key phrase there was "global company", meaning he's potentially talking with people in multiple  time zones I believe.

Guest Lobo

Yeah, I know.  The only time I ever heard that greeting was in the Truman Show movie where he'd say that same greeting to his neighbors when he saw them.  I worked for a global company with offices on 6 continents before, I got the reference.  Was just trying to tie it back to pop culture to keep it light on the Trivial Surly thread.  I'm pretty good with timezones, thanks.  Levity has been taken out and shot dead during this pandemic, I can tell you that.  But I'll tell you tomorrow, in New Zealand.  Which is now.  God bless.

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

People who start speeches with one of these three phrases: 

"We're gonna go ahead and get started."  You've already lost the room.  Just start with a standard greeting like, "Good Morning" or "Welcome" or "Thank you for Coming"

"I'm a (insert number) generation (insert name of state/city the conference is being held)"  You had nothing to do with where you were born, it's not an achievement that will impress a room.  It's like announcing that you're left handed, it's just something you were born into.  Unless you lost your right arm in an accident and then became left handed, that's a fucking great story that you should totally open with.  

"I'm (name) and I'm a Serial Entrepreneur"  What an overly-abused cliche title.  You and your spouse are involved in a MLM company with organic health products.  That's fine, but it doesn't make you a serial entrepreneur.  

I thought these intros would burn out after we left behind in-person conferences, but nope---every single fucking Zoom meeting starts with one of these three.  

Sounds like your job sucks. 

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
1 hour ago, After irth said:

Sounds like your job sucks. 

It’s not my job, I just attend a lot of conferences.  Maybe you don’t have to sit through the same shit that some of us do.  Congrats.  

21 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It’s not my job, I just attend a lot of conferences.  Maybe you don’t have to sit through the same shit that some of us do.  Congrats.  

Is it a hobby of yours?  Attending conferences?  Do you voluntarily “sit through...shit” for fun?

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

Yes, I’m the first person in American history to have to listen to annoying people as part of their job.  It’s unprecedented.

On 4/27/2020 at 3:36 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I'm getting surly trying to figure out which god given right supersedes which other god given right.  Apparently the god given right to not wear a face mask in public supersedes the god given right to not have germy snot blown into the air we breathe and If one doesn't like it, then one should just stay home.  However, the god given right to not wear clothes in public (just like adam and eve) does not supersede the god given right to not see me naked.  If you don't want to see me naked can't you just stay home?

If i think we should stay home, by God, everybody stays home.

That's the headscratcher in all of this.

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yes, I’m the first person in American history to have to listen to annoying people as part of their job.  It’s unprecedented.

0d38a13aaa11efc247e0f03eb0acad8f_w200.gi

• Like 3

Guest Lobo

I attend the conferences for academic reasons.  My main day  job is in the private enterprise realm.  I guess they are all jobs, you're right.  My bad, the academic one just doesn't pay neither does the political one or the philanthropic ones.  

I wish I just had the one straight W-2 position but it's not in the cards for me.  All the little gigs, and some of them require attendance at annoying conferences (I guess, they did before Covid-19), it all adds up to a bunch of madness.  After Irth seems like a pleasant fellow.  I almost missed having people follow me from thread to thread from the old site.  

Guest Lobo

mY bad, I conflated my non-paying gig conference attendance with my paying gig conference attendance.  I didn't realize that After Irth needed a win in life and I got all caught up my own shit as per usual.  Let's let him have this one, though I'm not even sure what that looks like.  How about this...I attend events for myriad reasons and most of them annoy me...is that cool?  

I am but a humble bank associate who only went to UT for 2.5 years.  god bless America.  

Draconian password restrictions.  Holy fuck i thought UT EID was the worst, this one is deloitte:

In order to ensure the privacy of your data we require your new password meet the following requirements:

• Passwords must be at least 10 characters in length.
  • You cannot reuse your last 24 passwords.
  • Passwords must contain characters from at least three of the following four classes:
    1. English uppercase letters: A, B, C...Z
    2. English lowercase letters: a, b, c...z
    3. Westernized Arabic numerals: 0, 1, 2...9
    4. Nonalphanumeric (special characters): !, @, #, %, &, *, etc.
  • Passwords should not contain:
    1. Your username
    2. Your first and/or last name
    3. Dictionary words with or without (i) numbers or special characters at the beginning or end, or (ii) letters, numbers, or character exchanges (e.g., Summer2017, ?Happyman, H3llofr!end?)
    4. Words or numbers connected with you such as family names, pet names, birthdays, addresses, or phone numbers
    5. Common terminology, acronyms, or names associated with the Deloitte Firms or their clients
    6. Any sequencing of letters and numbers that follow the order of a keyboard (i.e., keyboard walk patterns such as 1234qwerASDF, 1qazXSW@3edc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

Draconian password restrictions.  Holy fuck i thought UT EID was the worst, this one is deloitte:

In order to ensure the privacy of your data we require your new password meet the following requirements:

• Passwords must be at least 10 characters in length.
  • You cannot reuse your last 24 passwords.
  • Passwords must contain characters from at least three of the following four classes:
    1. English uppercase letters: A, B, C...Z
    2. English lowercase letters: a, b, c...z
    3. Westernized Arabic numerals: 0, 1, 2...9
    4. Nonalphanumeric (special characters): !, @, #, %, &, *, etc.
  • Passwords should not contain:
    1. Your username
    2. Your first and/or last name
    3. Dictionary words with or without (i) numbers or special characters at the beginning or end, or (ii) letters, numbers, or character exchanges (e.g., Summer2017, ?Happyman, H3llofr!end?)
    4. Words or numbers connected with you such as family names, pet names, birthdays, addresses, or phone numbers
    5. Common terminology, acronyms, or names associated with the Deloitte Firms or their clients
    6. Any sequencing of letters and numbers that follow the order of a keyboard (i.e., keyboard walk patterns such as 1234qwerASDF, 1qazXSW@3edc

soon, hackers need we will...

On 5/2/2020 at 3:21 AM, Lobo said:

Edited after seeing your explanation. Carry on. 

Edited by After irth

On 5/2/2020 at 10:41 AM, Lobo said:

mY bad, I conflated my non-paying gig conference attendance with my paying gig conference attendance.  I didn't realize that After Irth needed a win in life and I got all caught up my own shit as per usual.  Let's let him have this one, though I'm not even sure what that looks like.  How about this...I attend events for myriad reasons and most of them annoy me...is that cool?  

I am but a humble bank associate who only went to UT for 2.5 years.  god bless America.  

Damn. I negged one post of yours, then took it back and erased a snarky comment after I saw your initial explanation.  

After that, you felt like coming back with another overly-sensitive, passive-aggressive comment that makes you look like an intolerant ass. 

No wonder no one will give you a W-2 position...sheesh. Surly gonna surly, I guess. Sorry I stepped on your dick. Now go take your meds. 

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
50 minutes ago, After irth said:

Damn. I negged one post of yours, then took it back and erased a snarky comment after I saw your initial explanation.  

After that, you felt like coming back with another overly-sensitive, passive-aggressive comment that makes you look like an intolerant ass. 

No wonder no one will give you a W-2 position...sheesh. Surly gonna surly, I guess. Sorry I stepped on your dick. Now go take your meds. 

No worries, I wouldn't hire me either.  Life as a mercenary ain't easy.  It does seem a little creepy on a Lulz/Trivial Things thread having you follow me from post to post, but hey, it all seems like a simulation anyway.  ;)  Have some pos rep.  If you need any in-person banking services, lemme know and c'mon into the branch.  We've got great auto loan programs as those new Oldsmobiles come in this summer/fall.  

Edited by Lobo