Deep dives.

Thirty thousand foot views.

Officing.

Safe spaces.

The ask is that you...

Loop him in...

Run it up the flagpole...

Lean in.

I still don't know where the fuck that stupid expression came from, but they love the fuck out of it.

Edited by Iceman

Guest Lobo

I just got done with an office space/CRE webinar because we're putting something interesting in here in Austin in the next few years.  

And I thought "coworking space" or "flexspace" was overused.  Holy shit.  If I had a dollar for each time these guys just said, "A sense of place", I'd have my own building.  WTF?

I can sorta tolerate it from an architect or urban planner but from straight up white CRE douchebags...don't say, "Sense of place".  You're talking about bailing out your shitty strip centers, you're not "reinventing a sense of place."  You fucked up, you doubled down on mini-blind shoppes and Quizno's...you're not inventing anything except your balance sheet.  

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I just got done with an office space/CRE webinar because we're putting something interesting in here in Austin in the next few years.  

And I thought "coworking space" or "flexspace" was overused.  Holy shit.  If I had a dollar for each time these guys just said, "A sense of place", I'd have my own building.  WTF?

I can sorta tolerate it from an architect or urban planner but from straight up white CRE douchebags...don't say, "Sense of place".  You're talking about bailing out your shitty strip centers, you're not "reinventing a sense of place."  You fucked up, you doubled down on mini-blind shoppes and Quizno's...you're not inventing anything except your balance sheet.  

Chill man. They are just trying to move the needle for their enterprise where there's low hanging fruit. Obviously it's mission critical for their results driven, core competency which needed a paradigm shift/rightsizing. Being customer-centric they were early adopters to this new-normal ecosystem and establishing bandwidth in this whitespace.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

People who start out conversation with or reply "I mean...." sound very dumb

This can happen in person or on social media. Having given no prior statement as to what they may be clarifying. They are just starting out with "I mean". There is no clarification needed if that's your statement.

I mean, I'm a dumbass who starts sentences\statements in social media, public, workplace and I sound like a dumbass.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lobo said:

+rep for "shoppes."

7 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

This can happen in person or on social media. Having given no prior statement as to what they may be clarifying. They are just starting out with "I mean". There is no clarification needed if that's your statement.

I mean, I'm a dumbass who starts sentences\statements in social media, public, workplace and I sound like a dumbass.

Let me be honest...

Wait. You've been lying to me up until now?

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 11:35 PM, Bash Riprock said:

i mean, fuck you.

• Like 6

On 5/18/2020 at 10:46 PM, TexArcher said:

Synergies.

Best practices.

Deep dives.

Officing.

Safe spaces.

The ask is that you...

Loop him in...

Wow I don’t miss corporate America and I think it has only gotten worse since I left in 2011.  And, sorry to the above poster for not having an avatar.  Can you reach out to hank hill for some new material and I will update with that.  Thanks in advance.  

On 5/18/2020 at 11:46 PM, TexArcher said:

Synergies.

Best practices.

Deep dives.

Officing.

Safe spaces.

The ask is that you...

Loop him in...

“The ask”, Jesus Fuck. When hell did “ask” become a goddamn noun?

• Like 3

I was looking forward to drinking this new CBD seltzer I found at the liquor store.  

Some research at home then revealed that in fact, I would not be getting stoned by drinking said seltzer.  I am enraged by this.  Well, maybe that's a bit strong of a word.  I am surly.

Edited by Bullneck

18 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I was looking forward to drinking this new CBD seltzer I found at the liquor store.  

Some research at home then revealed that in fact, I would not be getting stoned by drinking said seltzer.  I am enraged by this.  Well, maybe that's a bit strong of a word.  I am surly.

lulz

vague titles and subjects be it in email or bulletin board or other

"quick question"

"i need to ask you something"

"something for discussion"

dont be meta about it.  use the subject field as it was intended - to represent the goddamn subject.  i wish i can punch people who do this

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

People who throw their dog poo bags away in my trash can after it is left open on the street on trash days. 

Personally, I don’t toss dog poop bags into strangers’ trash bins, but this is an interesting social norm. I’ve had this discussion with several of my friends. Is it really taboo to toss a dog poop bag, or a stray plastic bottle, or anything else, into a neighbor’s curbside trash bin?  I say yes on the dog poop bags, but my 80+ yo parents have no problem with it in their neighborhood. 
I run almost every day, and I frequently pick up the stray plastic bottle or construction nail that I find on the street. If I find an open bin before I get home, you’d better believe I’m putting the stray trash in there rather than continuing to carry it. I think that’s fine, but have not put dog poop bags in because no one wants extra stink in their bin, especially when it’ll be another week before it gets picked up. 

2 minutes ago, nnm said:

Personally, I don’t toss dog poop bags into strangers’ trash bins, but this is an interesting social norm. I’ve had this discussion with several of my friends. Is it really taboo to toss a dog poop bag, or a stray plastic bottle, or anything else, into a neighbor’s curbside trash bin?  I say yes on the dog poop bags, but my 80+ yo parents have no problem with it in their neighborhood. 
I run almost every day, and I frequently pick up the stray plastic bottle or construction nail that I find on the street. If I find an open bin before I get home, you’d better believe I’m putting the stray trash in there rather than continuing to carry it. I think that’s fine, but have not put dog poop bags in because no one wants extra stink in their bin, especially when it’ll be another week before it gets picked up. 

I find regular trash annoying, but not worthy of scorn, especially if it was stray trash due to the garbage men or something.  Poop, however, that is not ok.  Ever.  Carry that shit to an actual dog poo can or take it home and throw it in your own trash.

Guest Lobo

I really only mind if the trash has already been picked up and it's warm outside (April-October).  Because then I gotta roll my bin to my backyard where your dog's shit will stink for 6 days until the next pickup.  But some folks on their early morning dog walks will do it and my bin gets picked up an hour later, I'm cool with it.  

And sometimes dog poop bags don't get emptied by the collection process, which means that they stick to the bottom of the can to keep progressively stinking until the innocent owner has to make the effort to dislodge it with a stick or a hose or something. 

I got so fed up with it that I bought a giant sticker from Amazon telling people not to dump their dog's shit in my can. I wanted to make a more threatening one myself (i.e., "if I discover who is putting dog shit in my can, I will then force you to eat it at gunpoint, so fuck off" or similar), but I compromised on a civilized and professional looking one in order to keep the peace with Mrs. Doom. 

Throw away whatever else you need to in my garbage can, but I draw the line at feces. 

• Like 2

Guest Lobo
49 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

And sometimes dog poop bags don't get emptied by the collection process, which means that they stick to the bottom of the can to keep progressively stinking until the innocent owner has to make the effort to dislodge it with a stick or a hose or something. 

I got so fed up with it that I bought a giant sticker from Amazon telling people not to dump their dog's shit in my can. I wanted to make a more threatening one myself (i.e., "if I discover who is putting dog shit in my can, I will then force you to eat it at gunpoint, so fuck off" or similar), but I compromised on a civilized and professional looking one in order to keep the peace with Mrs. Doom. 

Throw away whatever else you need to in my garbage can, but I draw the line at feces. 

You want to tell dog owners you're gonna hold them at gunpoint?  Holy shit, I thought my idea was mean.  

6 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If I see you throw away your dog poop in my trash can I will follow you home to see where you live.  The next trash day, shortly after your trash is picked up, you will find a bag of my poop in your trash can

That's commitment or a reason to be committed ?

3 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Very much this.  It leads me to another thing that makes me surly, which is when the garbage men just grab the sack out of the bin and don't actually turn it upside down to empty it.  There's even a robot arm to do it for them.  

• Haha 1