Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

2 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

When you order food ahead of time to be picked up at a certain time and it's not ready when you get there. 

Worse yet is when they tell you your order will be ready in 20-25 minutes when it's ready in 15 minutes. It takes 15 minutes to make my pizza. I show up in 15 minutes and more often than not it's ready to go. If I occasionally have to wait for a bit, I think I'm coming out ahead in the long run. I'd rather wait for a few minutes for fresh, hot food than to get an order that's been sitting under the heat lamp (or on top of the oven) for 10 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Okie State said:
When you order food ahead of time to be picked up at a certain time and it's not ready when you get there. 

Did this at a local pizza place once and the pizzas didn't even go into the oven until I showed up. They were Chicago style deep dish so it took a good 45 minutes.

I had that happen to me once. They didn't volunteer that they'd forgotten to make my pizza but I could see what was happening. "It's going to be a few more minutes. Um, what did you order on your pizza?" Nice try. I called them out on it. "You forgot to make my pizza, didn't you?" They copped to it. I asked them what we were going to do about it. I asked them to give me my next pizza for free and they agreed. So I treated the guys at my next poker game. 

45 minutes is pretty harsh. I'd either tell them to fuck off or to give me a free pizza, or some complimentary adult beverages while I wait. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 1

I had that happen to me once. They didn't volunteer that they'd forgotten to make my pizza but I could see what was happening. "It's going to be a few more minutes. Um, what did you order on your pizza?" Nice try. I called them out on it. "You forgot to make my pizza, didn't you?" They copped to it. I asked them what we were going to do about it. I asked them to give me my next pizza for free and they agreed. So I treated the guys at my next poker game. 
45 minutes is pretty harsh. I'd either tell them to fuck off or to give me a free pizza, or some complimentary adult beverages while I wait. 
I got the same run around bullshit acting like it was just running a few minutes late until I was so far in that I was committed and it would have taken longer to go somewhere else and start the clock over. I bitched and the guy told me he'd take some amount off my bill, which I had already paid online, so I agreed and left. Never saw any credit. I like the place and it's a nice family who owns it so I didn't pursue it further. The kid is kind of an idiot though and shouldn't be running the front by himself.

1 hour ago, Okie State said:

Did this at a local pizza place once and the pizzas didn't even go into the oven until I showed up. They were Chicago style deep dish so it took a good 45 minutes.

Yup - I mean I don't mind waiting a minute or two. But yesterday I was picking up a large order of Mexican food and it was pretty obvious that they only started on the order after I asked if it was ready

• Like 1

Yup - I mean I don't mind waiting a minute or two. But yesterday I was picking up a large order of Mexican food and it was pretty obvious that they only started on the order after I asked if it was ready

This happened on a pizza order for our daughter’s birthday in May. Wife placed the order 2 days in advance. I show up at appointment time and the had no clue what was going on. They said their “system” closed the ticket the day it was placed.

1 hour ago, nnm said:

What about filling up, then leaving the car at the pump while you go in, go to the bathroom, make a hot dog, fill up your coffee cup, buy a scratch-off, etc.?

Yes this.

I sometimes leave my company truck at the pump if I can't get a receipt at the pump and have to go in to get a receipt.  The reason I do this is because there are some convenience stores that if the pump is used by someone before you get your receipt, they cannot pull it up at the register.

Edit:. No receipt at pump, really tweaks my melon, and it's damned sure not trivial.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, nnm said:

What about filling up, then leaving the car at the pump while you go in, go to the bathroom, make a hot dog, fill up your coffee cup, buy a scratch-off, etc.?

24 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Yes this.

I sometimes leave my company truck at the pump if I can't get a receipt at the pump and have to go in to get a receipt.  The reason I do this is because there are some convenience stores that if the pump is used by someone before you get your receipt, they cannot pull it up at the register.

Edit:. No receipt at pump, really tweaks my melon, and it's damned sure not trivial.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

On 6/22/2020 at 2:09 PM, Okie State said:
On 6/22/2020 at 2:01 PM, deadshank said:
so.....aggy?

Ha, not a bad guess, but this family is from Chicago and the kid seems like a high school diploma type.

So....aggy? 

On 6/22/2020 at 4:12 PM, deadshank said:

Brand new Subaru Forrester replete with paper tags still on it with a “Beto” sticker slapped on the back window.  

Nothing against Beto but the vehicle owner needs to know the wars over.   

599de4a7a1a62e2341d83284-large.jpg?cache

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I need to hire you.  This type of employee laziness drives me insane.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Not having cold beverages due to NO ONE IN MY HOUSE but me stocks to GD fridge with drinks.

Pantry is full of elfin' fizzy water cans but no one seems to be able to put them in the refrigerator.

RAAAAAGGGGGEEEEEE.

This is my house as well. I have maybe one soda a month, but it never fails that I go to get one and there are none in the fridge with 2 cases sitting on the ground next to the fridge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

Not having cold beverages due to NO ONE IN MY HOUSE but me stocks to GD fridge with drinks.

Pantry is full of elfin' fizzy water cans but no one seems to be able to put them in the refrigerator.

RAAAAAGGGGGEEEEEE.

My hunting camp is the exact opposite.  The fridge gets stuffed to the brim with 12 and 24 pack cardboard beer boxes and then the beer is pulled out one can at a time.  All of the space in the fridge is taken up even though there is 1 can of beer in each of the 8 cardboard beer boxes.

Oh, no, don't take the eight 95% empty beer boxes out and make room for, you know, something stupid like food; just stuff more full beer boxes in there to keep the near empty boxes company.

Friggin retards.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

This is my house as well. I have maybe one soda a month, but it never fails that I go to get one and there are none in the fridge with 2 cases sitting on the ground next to the fridge.

51 minutes ago, deadshank said:

My hunting camp is the exact opposite.  The fridge gets stuffed to the brim with 12 and 24 pack cardboard beer boxes and then the beer is pulled out one can at a time.  All of the space in the fridge is taken up even though there is 1 can of beer in each of the 8 cardboard beer boxes.

Oh, no, don't take the eight 95% empty beer boxes out and make room for, you know, something stupid like food; just stuff more full beer boxes in there to keep the near empty boxes company.

Friggin retards.

Yes, our drink fridge is a combination of these things. Empty beverage cartons are never taken out of the fridge, except by yours truly. Neither are the plastic 6-pack holders. They just magically take care of themselves, apparently. 

3 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

RAAAAAGGGGGEEEEEE.

stop buying them.

Works like a charm.  and old people know how to put ice in a cup.

Edited by Iceman

8 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

RAAAAAGGGGGEEEEEE.

my wife claims she doesn't need the cold ones.  ok, then STOP FUCKING TAKING THE COLD ONES and leaving them scattered around the house, each short a single sip.

anyway, I came here to vent about seemingly educated adults who say, "these ones".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wd40 said:

my wife claims she doesn't need the cold ones.  ok, then STOP FUCKING TAKING THE COLD ONES and leaving them scattered around the house, each short a single sip.

anyway, I came here to vent about seemingly educated adults who say, "these ones".

Wait......

Is your wife downstairs right now or is she running errands?

i need to figure out if I’m the second family or if that’s you.... because I feel like you’re describing the same woman that I’m married to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Llano Estacado said:

My in laws have a thing for ice cold Mexican Cokes (El Paso gonna El Paso) straight from the freezer. Guess who has to clean up sticky busted glass or blown out cans every time they forget about the drink they want in 2 hours?

Is it them?

im sure it is due to the fact that they are wonderful houseguests who don’t treat your stuff like shit and then just leave like a plague of locusts..... you know.... like a human being would.

2 hours ago, Llano Estacado said:

My in laws have a thing for ice cold Mexican Cokes (El Paso gonna El Paso) straight from the freezer. Guess who has to clean up sticky busted glass or blown out cans every time they forget about the drink they want in 2 hours?

Maybe start making them put their shit into a gallon Ziploc before it goes in your freezer. That way if they abandon their drinks and a mess occurs, at least you can just throw out the whole thing. 

4 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Wait......

Is your wife downstairs right now or is she running errands?

i need to figure out if I’m the second family or if that’s you.... because I feel like you’re describing the same woman that I’m married to.

No that is all our wives. I got home today and picked up the 5 cans of diet drpepper she finished 1/2 of and just gave up on. I have 2 boys and a wife that I cannot keep up with cleaning. Buncha assholes 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 6/24/2020 at 3:00 PM, SHOOTER12 said:

Yes this.

It's a South Texas thing.  They want to get you in the store to buy a taco.

5 minutes ago, deadshank said:

I wear them.  What’s the problem?  At least the L and the R give you something to focus on and clear the cobwebs first thing in the morning. 

I never have an R and an L when I pull them out of my drawer.

Me too.  I do a sock purge about once a year and replace with 10 pairs of the identical sock.  That worked great for me until I bought a three pack of "boot socks" that were foot specific.  All I get now are LL, RR, LL, RR.  

when you get a letter about a specific action on your account that ends with "call <number> for help or with questions" and the number is the same top-level entry to the phone maze as ever

so now I gotta wait on hold while the person I tumbled to tries to figure out if she's the one that can actually help with this question 

the letter might as well have just said, literally, "give us a call or, you know, like, whatever"

2 hours ago, Lat22 said:

I never have an R and an L when I pull them out of my drawer.

This is not hard.  Have you manservant pair the L and Rs together when they come off the non-GMO hemp clothesline after they dry in the ancient glacial winds of alpine air at your chalet.  Then place them in your gilded sock drawer within his easy reach so  they'll be at the ready when he slides them over your little piggies onto your foot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

Me too.  I do a sock purge about once a year and replace with 10 pairs of the identical sock.  That worked great for me until I bought a three pack of "boot socks" that were foot specific.  All I get now are LL, RR, LL, RR.  

I do a pretty good job of keeping the R/L socks in proper pairs. However, the trivial thing that makes me surly is that for whatever reason I like to put my right sock on first (for you All In The Family fans, I’m a sock-shoe right, sock-shoe left guy). Every single time I grab the first sock, it’s the L sock. Every single time. Law of averages means I should be grabbing the R and L equally, but no.  L every single time. Then I put that one down, grab the other one, and proceed. 

• Like 5