Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

20 hours ago, You don't know me said:

People in my office do this shit all the time.  We have one regular half bathroom that both genders use.  Here are some of the things that my co-workers do:

1. Use the last of the paper towels and not replace the roll. I constantly replace it, even if I use the second to last paper towel.

2. Same with shit paper.

3. Put a dirty coffee cup in the sink and just leave it there.  I guess that they think some dishwashing fairy is going to take care of it for them.

4. Piss on the toilet seat.  Yeah, grown men that can't bother with putting the seat up before pissing. 

5, Piss on the floor.

6. Get a cup of coffee and put sugar in it.  Their aim is bad, so there's sugar granules all over the coffee area.

Maybe I'm weird, but these things just piss me off.  We are a small office with 10 people in it.  It's not that hard to be considerate of others.

You should hire a cleaning service. 

I don’t know if this fits the thread, but I don’t know if it warrants its own thread.

I can not take hearing my coworker talk about his kids little league anyfuckingmore. Whether it’s on the phone with other parents/coaches or to other coworkers. We can all hear him yelling on the phone with the door closed. It’s trivial since it doesn’t really impact my life in a major way, but holy shit I can’t take the drama anymore. Sports parents are the absolute fucking worst.

I don’t know if this fits the thread, but I don’t know if it warrants its own thread.

I can not take hearing my coworker talk about his kids little league anyfuckingmore. Whether it’s on the phone with other parents/coaches or to other coworkers. We can all hear him yelling on the phone with the door closed. It’s trivial since it doesn’t really impact my life in a major way, but holy shit I can’t take the drama anymore. Sports parents are the absolute fucking worst.

Houston area little league is serious business.

The Bellaire and Pearland teams are/were competitive and have gone to the LLWS. I recall Bellaire won it one year.

Post Oak LL is important for many of the dads from a social perspective. Friendships have been lost over the all-star selection process.

The Bellaire and Pearland teams are/were competitive and have gone to the LLWS. I recall Bellaire won it one year.

Post Oak LL is important for many of the dads from a social perspective. Friendships have been lost over the all-star selection process.

That just highlights the absurdity of it all. It’s a fucking game. A game for kids to have fun. These parents are fucking losers.
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 10:32 AM, Hanrahan said:

Had to pick up lunch for three kids on the quick so I stopped in James Coney Island - no drive through.  Only one group in front of me but they were the Klumps, but white.  Dad tree fiddy, wife a deuce and a half.  Had a couple of other adult tubs of goo and three kids (two of which were miraculously not tubs of goo...yet).  So I got to listen to ten minutes of discussion and intense decision making concerning various sauces, add ons, how much cheese should be on that, etc.  That surled me.

fify

2 hours ago, HouTex said:

Houston area little league is serious business.

Nephew's coach-pitch league game (he's 7), and my brother is 3rd base coach.  Nephew hits a roller and there is a play at first.  They gave the tie to the defense, and my brother went nuts. I'm like... "Uh... WTF!?"

6 hours ago, Okie State said:

I've never understood parents who get so caught up in kids sports. Just bizarre to me.

Are you talking about people who always telling you about their kids sports? Are these people coming up to you and telling you the batting average and shit? I'm pretty involved with my sons baseball, but other than most of my friends knowing I was his coach, I doubt they anything more. 

Are you talking about people who always telling you about their kids sports? Are these people coming up to you and telling you the batting average and shit? I'm pretty involved with my sons baseball, but other than most of my friends knowing I was his coach, I doubt they anything more. 

I was specifically talking about a coworker. I think okie was talking about the same kind of parents. The frothing at the mouth psycho parents that yell at other parents, yell at coaches and officials. The ones that think their precious little shit is the star of the team. The ones that make sports not fun for their kids.

I am not talking about the ones that are involved in their kids sports by coaching or mentoring.

• Like 1

No issue at all with involved parents. I'm referring to those who take it way too seriously. Cussing out umps/refs, calling out the coach for their decisions, acting like their kid is going pro, etc. It's a game...played by kids. Some people forget that.
  • Like 2

That's the thing. They never walk to the side. They are right in the middle of the walking area and the can't pass them. They are oblivious to anything around them.
This happens constantly at trade shows. Those that have been to one (many here) know what I am talking about.
  • Like 1

I saw a new one recently.  "Yappy Hour."  A happy hour where you bring your fur babies.

Holy fuck that’s a thing now??? I really want to rage on some dumbshits now.

Oh how I’d love for a yappy hour of nothing but pissed off pit bulls to coincide with some idiot couple doing a gender reveal party resulting in the maiming of all the fucksticks with their blue or pink balloons or what the fuck ever.

The cable/internet company called today to tell me about their "deals". I only have internet, no cable or dish. She said they have great deals! I said that I already pay more than I want and would really like to pay less. She offered a bundle with TV (that I don't want) for an extra $35 a month. WTF, bitch?  I just said I don't want to pay more! 

Edited by Sandman
  • Like 1

The cable/internet company called today to tell me about their "deals". I only have internet, no cable or dish. She said they have great deals! I said that I already pay more than I want and would really like to pay less. She offered a bundle with TV (that I don't want) for an extra $35 a month. WTF, bitch?  I just said I don't want to pay more! 

Can't stand those assholes. 'But the TV add-on is a great deal!' Does it cost zero dollars? No? Then I don't want it because I already have TV...as was said at the beginning of this conversation. Actually, your TV 'deal' is worth less than zero dollars to me because I have to go through the inconvenience of dropping off the cable box that I didn't use at the end of the term.

33 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Why are y'all answering calls from your cable company?

Also, not trivial, motherfucking mosquitos inside my motherfucking house.

If the caller ID said "Cable Assholes" I wouldn't answer it. But usually it doesn't have a name and I never know who's calling. Could be important, so I answer. 

Also, I hate voicemail, so answering even shitty phone calls avoids dealing with voicemail.