Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

5 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Robert Loggia. 

In which role(s)?  I always liked him. Sure he was a bit cartoonish in "Scarface", but everybody was a cartoon in "Scarface."  

12 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I know when I am dealing with fast food employees, they are used to getting abused by customers and/or aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. 

But asking for a simple item ends up being wrong every single time.

I figure I have a variation of a chicken nugget/tender about 1 time every 10 days or so.  Actual place varies month to month.. WB, McD's Church's, Wendy's , CkikFila, etc

I am asked what sauce I want  (most let you have 2) and each time I ask for 1 ea honey and BBQ.  Straight bee-made honey.  Not honey mustard. 

I ask for honey and BBQ sauce and 90+ % of the time, I get honey mustard and BBQ.

If its at the drive through with the visible order screen I make sure it says honey.  Even then,  I can see they add the honey mustard sauce, and I clarify again- that I just want a honey packet and a bbq packet.  And that concept totally and completely locks their brain... even when I clarify regular honey (and the visible screen SAYS honey), a huge percentage of the time I still end up getting honey mustard when they hand me the bag. 

Its not a special order, everyone of these places has honey packets- most to put on biscuits, But regardless, its not a super special item I am asking for.  instead of 2 BBQ packs, give me 1 honey, and 1 BBQ. 

nope

Sounds like you eat way too much fast food.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

In which role(s)?  I always liked him. Sure he was a bit cartoonish in "Scarface", but everybody was a cartoon in "Scarface."  

We are currently rewatching The Sopranos which is what prompted this specific post, but he's the same caricature in every role. 

He's basically just a voice-based character actor. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I know when I am dealing with fast food employees, they are used to getting abused by customers and/or aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. 

I figure I have a variation of a chicken nugget/tender about 1 time every 10 days or so.  Actual place varies month to month.. WB, McD's Church's, Wendy's , CkikFila, etc

I am asked what sauce I want  (most let you have 2) and each time I ask for 1 ea honey and BBQ.  Straight bee-made honey.  Not honey mustard. 

I ask for honey and BBQ sauce and 90+ % of the time, I get honey mustard and BBQ.

If its at the drive through with the visible order screen I make sure it says honey.  Even then,  I can see they add the honey mustard sauce, and I clarify again- that I just want a honey packet and a bbq packet.  And that concept totally and completely locks their brain... even when I clarify regular honey (and the visible screen SAYS honey), a huge percentage of the time I still end up getting honey mustard when they hand me the bag. 

Its not a special order, everyone of these places has honey packets- most to put on biscuits, But regardless, its not a super special item I am asking for.  instead of 2 BBQ packs, give me 1 honey, and 1 BBQ. 

nope

Why are you getting honey at the drive thru for chicken nuggets is the real question.

21 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

nope

I can't stand it when the drive thru dimwits interrupt and/or try to anticipate your order. 

Me: I'd like a double cheeseburger - 

DTDW, interrupting: would you like the combo or just the sandwich? 

Me: - with no pickles or tomatoes. 

And of course you can't say "if I wanted the fucking combo, I would have said so if you had given me the goddamn chance" because then they'll give you the jizzburger that's been sitting around waiting for a cop. It's especially enraging when this same song and dance repeats during the same order. 

Another thing I've noticed lately at both Burger Thang and McDump's is that the DTDW are trying to steer customers to a specific dipping sauce. 

Me: I'd like a 20 piece of pink slime nuggets - 

DTDW, interrupting: Is barbecue sauce okay? 

Me: - with honey mustard and sweet and sour. 

This is the kind of shit that prompts me to fill out the survey. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Cornfusion said:

This whole cell phone / internet / computer fad.  I will be glad when it all blows over in a couple of years.  I work in IT, by the way.  So that's a professional opinion.

Here's another professional opinion:  "Texting is not a valid form of communication!  If it's important, call!"

I’ve been in IT my entire career. I find that forcing people who just want to “hop on a call” to put their thoughts/issues in writing cuts out the 19 bullshit minutes from the 20 minute call...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Loud talkers.

I've hit a couple national parks during the lockdown, done a lot of local hiking.  It's usually so quiet you could communicate with the person next to you with a whisper, but no, there's always a group of dipshits yelling at each other on the trails like they're in a fucking wind tunnel.  Just because we can't see you doesn't mean we can't hear your goddamn nonsense within a mile radius, dumbass.  Nature can often be peaceful and calming, so shut the fuck up and let it do its job.

• Hook 'Em 2

I’ve been in IT my entire career. I find that forcing people who just want to “hop on a call” to put their thoughts/issues in writing cuts out the 19 bullshit minutes from the 20 minute call...

At least a 20 minute call has one minute of communication.  I have seen texts go back and forth with no communication taking place.  Worse, is that both sides THINK that communication has taken place.

Our bank just got upgraded off Windows XP just 18 months ago.  I'm guessing we're on Windows 10 now, but I actually don't know.  

Banks are always the last to upgrade. I worked at the Guaranty Bank headquarters for a couple of years and they had a critical application that ran on a Windows 95 desktop. This was 2002 or so, but it was literally a desktop machine and not a server.

58 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

At least a 20 minute call has one minute of communication.  I have seen texts go back and forth with no communication taking place.  Worse, is that both sides THINK that communication has taken place.

wives and the stupid shit they say/do is a different thread, sir

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

power toggles are labeled "I" or "O".  i guess its some sort of engineering convention. 

but i never know which is On and which is Off.

Simple:

I stands for "It's on and will kill you if you touch it"

O stands for "Oh shit, my wife left it off again"

Edited by Cheeseweasel
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, elfenix said:

In the F1 opening montage there's a scream that sounds a beat after Alonso screams in the background. That delay annoys me.

I had never even connected the Alonso face with the subsequent scream until this morning. 

While this doesn't bother me (at least not yet, so thanks a lot, maybe) I fully endorse this sort of petty annoyance. 

Everytime I walk my dog and he takes a shit, I dutifully pick it up in a little trash bag.  Meanwhile as soon as he's done pinching it off he swiftly trots away.  Then as I'm trying to pick the turd off the grass while the dogs tugging juuuust enough to make it annoying, he turns his head and give me a look like "c'mon bro let's get out of here, it smells like dog shit".  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

My daughter's dog has the annoying habit of taking a dump, waiting until i use the bag I brought to pick it up, and walking a little more and taking another dump.

My dog does this as well.  In fact, he does both.

Poop

Tries to run away from his poop

Walks another block

Poops again

Tries to run away from that poop too

Also, god help me if anyone is looking at him while he poops. 

• Hook 'Em 1