Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

On 2/1/2021 at 10:38 AM, Atxracer said:

My original response:  "So, if we say "y'all better axe somebody" for long enough, it's ok?  Axe is also a huge pet peeve.  No racist.".   

Then, I realized how hypocritical that statement was.  Either way, saying/typing/reading Nor'easter still annoys me.  

you're gonna hate chaucer.

On 2/1/2021 at 10:51 AM, Onboard 2.0 said:

Not in my opinion because axe is not in any way shape or form ask or similar to the shortening of north to nor.  Axe is just poor grammar.

incorrect.

Edited by elfenix

Doing our taxes and wonder how the heck my wife made more than me in 2020.

I have a higher base salary, and I thought my bonus was larger than hers. But she made $3K more than me for some reason. Based on my observation the past year, she also works about half as many hours as me.

Just a bit surly of the fact that she makes more than me, but also humblebragging.

26 minutes ago, Superhero said:

I have a higher base salary, and I thought my bonus was larger than hers. But she made $3K more than me for some reason. Based on my observation the past year, she also works about half as many hours as me.

Just a bit surly of the fact that she makes more than me, but also humblebragging.

She's probably part of the Seattle team that dumps all their work on you. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

49 minutes ago, Superhero said:

She forgot to tell you about her side gig

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

*more than I (made/make)

3 hours ago, HouTex said:

^^ correct. It’s not poor grammar. It’s extraordinarily poor pronunciation.

'Zactly, poor, and ignorant ...  Colloquialisms aside.  Not a lot different than saying simular, or nuculer or not knowing what free soviet jewry is.  Now of y'all will excuse me I need to go masticate.

Fucking hate when that happens
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

'Zactly, poor, and ignorant ...  Colloquialisms aside.  Not a lot different than saying simular, or nuculer or not knowing what free soviet jewry is.  Now of y'all will excuse me I need to go masticate.

something about living in glass houses.  brah.

10 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

I don't know what it is, but so many commercials lately referring to the Super Bowl as "the big game" are driving me fucking crazy. Some ads will say it 3-4 times, and they always have some smarmy way of saying it, lowering their voice a little and drawing out the words. So trivial. So surly.

My guess is that if they say "Superbowl" or something specific that it is trademarked and they need to pay the NFL some money.  "Big Game" or something like that likely let's them get away without paying royalties/fees.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, ABSR said:

My guess is that if they say "Superbowl" or something specific that it is trademarked and they need to pay the NFL some money.  "Big Game" or something like that likely let's them get away without paying royalties/fees.

Correct. 

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/1/31/18202037/super-bowl-53-ads-trademark-the-big-game-2019

Screenshot_20210204-123600_Chrome.jpg

• Rage+1 1

Does it bother anyone else that the I-10 westbound Entering Mountain Time Zone and eastbound Entering Central Time Zone signs are not across from each other, but rather almost 700' apart?  Did some idiot scale up the map and decide the county line was now 700' wide at 1:1?

Google Streetview really long address

(eastbound sign is in the distance at the top of the hill)

The only other applicable highway location in Texas gets the county line sign locations pretty right, but the time zone change is on a need to know basis.

More Google Streetview long address

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Does it bother anyone else that the I-10 westbound Entering Mountain Time Zone and eastbound Entering Central Time Zone signs are not across from each other, but rather almost 700' apart?  Did some idiot scale up the map and decide the county line was now 700' wide at 1:1?

The only other applicable highway location in Texas gets the county line sign locations pretty right, but the time zone change is on a need to know basis.

Reminds me of the guy who went to buy a bus ticket from Seminole to Hobbs. When he heard it left at 10:15 and arrived in Hobbs at 10:00, he refused to buy a ticket but asked if he could hang around just to watch it take off.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

It’s because of the direction of the earth’s rotation

Reminds me of the guy who went to buy a bus ticket from Seminole to Hobbs. When he heard it left at 10:15 and arrived in Hobbs at 10:00, he refused to buy a ticket but asked if he could hang around just to watch it take off.
In the summertime I've departed SATX at 2 and landed in Phoenix at 2:10, IIRC

11 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

People who park their basket on one side of the grocery aisle and stand on the other side looking for stuff which means they are blocking the entie God damned thing.

Shop behind your basket dumb fucks !

I still regularly see people just stop and leave their cart in the middle of the fucking aisle while they browse! I no longer have any reluctance to move carts out of the way.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

I still regularly see people just stop and leave their cart in the middle of the fucking aisle while they browse! I no longer have any reluctance to move carts out of the way.

I make sure they see me bump their cart out of the way.  Bring it, you inconsiderate Ahole. 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

I don't know what it is, but so many commercials lately referring to the Super Bowl as "the big game" are driving me fucking crazy. Some ads will say it 3-4 times, and they always have some smarmy way of saying it, lowering their voice a little and drawing out the words. So trivial. So surly.

Lately? It’s been that way as long as I can remember.