Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

8 hours ago, Hate said:

These voice mails need to be posted verbatim in a separate thread.

I wish I could but they aren't VM. She called 6 times over 2 days, within minutes of being told to dial a 6 instead of a 3. She has a very thick accent  that is hard for my old ears to figure out and of course she is screaming. She hasn't called for a couple days now and I'm hoping she found peace.

8 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

why does every power strip, every electronic device, have a goddamn led light that has to be lit up? My bedroom looks like fucking christmas. Even the fucking ceiling fan has a little red light that never turns off.

My phone charging stand has one as well.  I took 2 pieces of blue painters tape and covered it up.  You can faintly see the light now (thats how you know it is charging). 

12 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

why does every power strip, every electronic device, have a goddamn led light that has to be lit up? My bedroom looks like fucking christmas. Even the fucking ceiling fan has a little red light that never turns off.

spacer.png

my wife's extra laptop power supply she leaves at home has a bright white lit ring around the jack.  stays lit even after unplugging it from the wall.  have to tuck the jack end in a drawer on her desk when I crash on the futon in the office.

Edited by wd40

On 3/17/2021 at 11:15 PM, markstanco said:
On 3/17/2021 at 9:19 AM, Shoxthemonkey said:
Our 888 number is one digit different than the number for Rooms To Go customer service. Teresa Rivera is tired of my shit and wants to talk with a Spanish speaker so she can properly tell me us about the shitty sofa she purchased. I have given her the correct number to call 4 times now but she has rage induced hearing loss.

We just went to VOIP on Verizon one talk (they suck) and my previous number was owned by a lady named tamika, and she apparently didn't pay bills and loved to party with numerous guys. The texts and voice-mails are less than 6 months ago but still the occasional.

I've had my number for 8 years, and I still get calls for the deadbeat bitch that (evidently) owes everyone money.  I like to fuck with them when they call...

10 minutes ago, After irth said:

I've had my number for 8 years, and I still get calls for the deadbeat bitch that (evidently) owes everyone money.  I like to fuck with them when they call...

Years ago I had some asshole calling my cellphone repeatedly leaving urgent voicemails for someone else.  Shit about project deadlines and what not.

I actually called him back after the first voicemail to tell him he was calling the wrong number and he nonchalantly blew me off.  Motherfucker did it at least three more times.

• Rage+1 1

Apple's optimized charging has decided that your device will fully charge by 02:00 AM (checked clock, it was 6:00 PM at the time).  Mother fucker, if I wanted my shit charged at 2:00 in the AM I would plug it in when I went to bed.  I plugged it in now because I want my shit fucking charged.

Disable it

2c5527b9cfb9b82caf39efd0af3a8bac.jpg

This is intriguing to me.  So your iPhone, if you plug it in to a charger at 6pm, won't start charging until 2am?

It charges it to 80% immediately and then slow charges it to 100%. It’s supposed to be better for the battery. This only for overnight charges. If you randomly charge it in the middle of the day it will fully charge.

Mrs T’Boo is out of town and I need to run by the store since we are out of eggs.
It’s a beautiful day and won’t be over 70 but I guarantee if I tried to leave the kids(8&5) in the truck for 10 minutes, Karen would call the cops.
I can recall sitting in a car in the middle of summer with the windows down for at least an hour while Mom did the grocery shopping with no issues.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 3/20/2021 at 10:18 AM, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Mrs T’Boo is out of town and I need to run by the store since we are out of eggs.
It’s a beautiful day and won’t be over 70 but I guarantee if I tried to leave the kids(8&5) in the truck for 10 minutes, Karen would call the cops.
I can recall sitting in a car in the middle of summer with the windows down for at least an hour while Mom did the grocery shopping with no issues.

Leave the vehicle running and 8YO instructed only to unlock it for you.

Fuck Karen and her bullshit.

got a bunch of these random battery-powered devices around the house where the battery compartment is secured with a fastener in addition to the standard snap lock thing.  its like wtf this is a just a wall clock why do i need to undo a tiny little screw to get access to the fucking battery

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

“Love locks” that people leave on bridges and towers and shit. Your relationship and your partner and you are not special or eternal. All you have done is make someplace that looked fine look worse thanks to your stupid and vapid self absorption. Some municipal worker is going to come with bolt cutters and throw your shitty lock into a can with all the others. They’ll be sold for scrap, melted down, and turned into something else. Actually an apt metaphor for you and your relationship. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

“Love locks” that people leave on bridges and towers and shit. Your relationship and your partner and you are not special or eternal. All you have done is make someplace that looked fine look worse thanks to your stupid and vapid self absorption. Some municipal worker is going to come with bolt cutters and throw your shitty lock into a can with all the others. They’ll be sold for scrap, melted down, and turned into something else. Actually an apt metaphor for you and your relationship. 

friday ice GIF

• Haha 2

Limp McDonalds fries.

I know current science will only keep the fries crisp for 5-7 minutes, but it's the lunch hour with a line of cars in front and behind me. Fries should be coming fresh out of the fryer. Why the hell am I getting soggy limp fries?!?!

FWIW, here's a good podcast on efforts to make fries stay crisp for 30 minutes.

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/23/772775254/episode-946-fries-of-the-future

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Limp McDonalds fries.

I know current science will only keep the fries crisp for 5-7 minutes, but it's the lunch hour with a line of cars in front and behind me. Fries should be coming fresh out of the fryer. Why the hell am I getting soggy limp fries?!?!

Here’s an even better podcast on why fries have been terrible since the 1990s.  TL/DL summary is that the misguided war on fat means that they’re fried in vegetable oil instead of lard now. 
Free the fry!

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/revisionist-history/id1119389968?i=1000390869555

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, nnm said:

Here’s an even better podcast on why fries have been terrible since the 1990s.  TL/DL summary is that the misguided war on fat means that they’re fried in vegetable oil instead of lard now. 
Free the fry!

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/revisionist-history/id1119389968?i=1000390869555

Thought McDonalds of our youth used to use tallow. Regardless, was better.

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

Limp McDonalds fries.

yet another reason i miss eating in an establishment.  fries need to be eaten now, damnit. 

On 3/19/2021 at 12:34 AM, High Plains Drifter said:

nice thing about being nearsighted is that a lot of those small point sources just disappear without my glasses or contacts. 

you could read by the bright as fuck blue light on my anker charger block tho.  had to cut a hole in the back of the night stand to run the power cord so i could put that fucker in a drawer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, nnm said:

Free the fry!

In the late 70's some stores actually cut the potatoes into frys at the store - those rocked. They even had a commercial telling you to get an extra order to enjoy on the drive home from the takeout window.

3 hours ago, elfenix said:

nice thing about being nearsighted is that a lot of those small point sources just disappear without my glasses or contacts. 

you could read by the bright as fuck blue light on my anker charger block tho.  had to cut a hole in the back of the night stand to run the power cord so i could put that fucker in a drawer. 

I put small squares of electrical tape over those miscellaneous charging and indicator lights. Works like a charm. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, UTGrad98 said:

Making multiple NCAA brackets for March madness. Be a man,  pick one and own it. In that same vein, being in multiple fantasy football leagues. Saying I'm in the playoffs in my "other" league makes me surly. 

Ooh that’s a good one. I’m def a 1 bracket per year guy.  Those are my godawful picks and I stick with them.