Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

Ooh that’s a good one. I’m def a 1 bracket per year guy.  Those are my godawful picks and I stick with them. 

This opinion brought to you by Mike Greenberg. Mike Golic, his broadcasting partner, advocated filling out multiple brackets in order to maximize his chances to “win the cash.” That debate is probably about 20 years old. 

16 hours ago, UTGrad98 said:

Making multiple NCAA brackets for March madness. Be a man,  pick one and own it. In that same vein, being in multiple fantasy football leagues. Saying I'm in the playoffs in my "other" league makes me surly. 

i usually end up with multiple brackets because i can't  be bothered to make a master bracket or check what i put in some other group

At any food place with counter service. Like a McDonald's at the airport. You place the order then you stand back and wait for your number to be called. 

There will be six or seven people standing around waiting for their order. 

Inevitably, some stupid dipshit places his order, is oblivious to the fact that multiple people ahead of him are still waiting for their food, and immediately walks over and starts pawing through the bagged orders ready for pickup, looking for his.

Motherfucker, you placed your order five seconds ago. Do you not see the other people waiting? It's a fucking impossibility that your food is ready. Get back here with the rest of us. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, TornACL said:

At any food place with counter service. Like a McDonald's at the airport. You place the order then you stand back and wait for your number to be called. 

Inevitably, some stupid dipshit places his order, is oblivious to the fact that multiple people ahead of him are still waiting for their food, and immediately walks over and starts pawing through the bagged orders ready for pickup, looking for his.

Motherfucker, you placed your order five seconds ago. Do you not see the other people waiting? It's a fucking impossibility that your food is ready. Get back here with the rest of us. 

Well, McDonald’s is supposed to be fast food

30 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Let me sum it up--

Basically any clueless idiot who is not aware of their surroundings.

55 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Do you not appetizer ???!

19 hours ago, AUinHsv said:

In the late 70's some stores actually cut the potatoes into frys at the store - those rocked. They even had a commercial telling you to get an extra order to enjoy on the drive home from the takeout window.

P. Terry's does this.

44 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Ketchup on anything other than fries.

Even with fries, mayo > ketchup. (yes I've lived in Europe).

Coming up on six years in Europe and still surly about:

1. Paying for my ketchup with fries (don’t get me started on mayo with fries).

2. No ice in my water. Or free tap water, for that matter.

3. No right on red. 

Micro USB cables and ports.

I have one electronic device and a couple of battery devices that still use them to charge.

I was having trouble charging the device and went through about 3-4 brand new (taken out of phone and tablet boxes) mUSB cables that didn't work or were erratic.  Ordered three new ones, and one of the three crapped out in two weeks.

Shitty things they are.

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Micro USB cables and ports.

I have one electronic device and a couple of battery devices that still use them to charge.

I was having trouble charging the device and went through about 3-4 brand new (taken out of phone and tablet boxes) mUSB cables that didn't work or were erratic.  Ordered three new ones, and one of the three crapped out in two weeks.

Shitty things they are.

I've gone through maybe 3 micro USB cables in the same time that I've gone through 12 or so Lightning cables. I'll take micro USB any day.

9 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

I've gone through maybe 3 micro USB cables in the same time that I've gone through 12 or so Lightning cables. I'll take micro USB any day.

This.  I use Samsung phones - buy phone, use it for 3-4 year and then upgrade.  I use the same cable the entire time.  The rest of the family use iPhones - we have 47 lightning cables around the house and cars because (1) they can never find one and (2) they never work right.

The one that used to get to me that was absolutely trivial is when you are standing in line for a good long while and you’re prepared to pay as soon as you get to the cashier. However, the person in front of you was not prepared and then had to find their wallet or purse and in some cases pull out exact change if they were paying in cash.

I watched this play out in front of me the other day. The woman put her money on the conveyor belt and was older so she was not moving fast and you could tell English was her 2nd language (grocery store near where I live in East Harlem). The woman behind me was not having this delay and she made her thoughts known pretty quickly. She kept on until the woman finished. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I don't know what the fuck has happened to Sonic but holy shit their service has gotten to the point where I almost can't even go there anymore. They are starting to rival Popeyes for absolute incompetence (which I haven't been to in forever for that reason). This is across a few locations in Austin, my last 5 experiences:

1. Pull up. Hit the button. Wait 5 minutes. Hit the button again. Keep waiting. Fuck it. Leave.

2. Go to a different Sonic (I was picking it up for someone else and this was easier than audibling). Experience here was fine - but this was batting .500 for the day.

3. Pull up. Out of ice cream (yes - at fucking Sonic). 

4. Pull up. Order. Get my drinks. One of which was an iced tea with lime and a flavor add in. It was probably the worst drink I've ever had from Sonic and I've had the exact same thing before. Like whoever made it was too high to function.

5. Pull up. Hit the button. Wait. "We'll be with you in a minute". Wait some more. Order a corn dog and iced tea with lime. Wait 20 minutes (for a fucking drink and a corn dog). Get my order - no lime in my iced tea.

I don't know if this is just in Austin or what but God it's getting irritating. I don't even get fast food that much - but sometimes I want a big drink or a milkshake or something and Sonic used to be convenient and on point with these items - no longer apparently.

Stupid Okies. Can't even manage a fast food chain properly.

Edited by ztejas

I have an uncanny knack of always picking the wrong drive-through line. A couple weeks ago a guy in the car in front of me spent $49.63 at McDonald's. I shit you not, 5 cars behind me reversed and went to the other line (which was longer). All 5 made it through before me. Was rage inducing

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

I don't know what the fuck has happened to Sonic but holy shit their service has gotten to the point where I almost can't even go there anymore. They are starting to rival Popeyes for absolute incompetence (which I haven't been to in forever for that reason). This is across a few locations in Austin, my last 5 experiences:

1. Pull up. Hit the button. Wait 5 minutes. Hit the button again. Keep waiting. Fuck it. Leave.

2. Go to a different Sonic (I was picking it up for someone else and this was easier than audibling). Experience here was fine - but this was batting .500 for the day.

4. Pull up. Order. Get my drinks. One of which was an iced tea with lime and a flavor add in. It was probably the worst drink I've ever had from Sonic and I've had the exact same thing before. Like whoever made it was too high to function.

5. Pull up. Hit the button. Wait. "We'll be with you in a minute". Wait some more. Order a corn dog and iced tea with lime. Wait 20 minutes (for a fucking drink and a corn dog). Get my order - no lime in my iced tea.

I don't know if this is just in Austin or what but God it's getting irritating. I don't even get fast food that much - but sometimes I want a big drink or a milkshake or something and Sonic used to be convenient and on point with these items - no longer apparently.

Maybe go to Sonic less?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

I don't know what the fuck has happened to Sonic but holy shit their service has gotten to the point where I almost can't even go there anymore. They are starting to rival Popeyes for absolute incompetence (which I haven't been to in forever for that reason).

Popeye's is perfect and you are the problem.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ztejas said:

Sounds like a bad owner and manager. Sonic is a franchise. Complain to OKC and shit will change or they will shut them down. They are surprisingly responsive.

21 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

This.  I use Samsung phones - buy phone, use it for 3-4 year and then upgrade.  I use the same cable the entire time.  The rest of the family use iPhones - we have 47 lightning cables around the house and cars because (1) they can never find one and (2) they never work right.

wireless charging tho

13 hours ago, ztejas said:

Well they're from Oklahoma, so...caveat emptor.

19 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

The one that used to get to me that was absolutely trivial is when you are standing in line for a good long while and you’re prepared to pay as soon as you get to the cashier. However, the person in front of you was not prepared and then had to find their wallet or purse and in some cases pull out exact change if they were paying in cash.

I watched this play out in front of me the other day. The woman put her money on the conveyor belt and was older so she was not moving fast and you could tell English was her 2nd language (grocery store near where I live in East Harlem). The woman behind me was not having this delay and she made her thoughts known pretty quickly. She kept on until the woman finished. 

Username does not check out  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, ztejas said:

Use the app.  Sonic is ready with your food when you check in.  Chick fil a and Whataburger wait until you check in to make your order.  WTF is the point of ordering ahead if I have to wait fifteen minutes after I check in at the restaurant.  Oh and the chick fil a by me has gotten very fucking slow, I'm going to start going to the other one near me.

Edited by Ray Cranham

7 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Username does not check out  

I have had to explain the username a few times. Short version is I liked hanging out over there because I used to go to the AMC by Lincoln Center and I love the Natural History Museum. I would not live over there though. I prefer an area with a vibrant culture (Puerto Ricans are pretty awesome people!) like the one in my neighborhood.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 11:11 PM, Sam Lin said:

Two of the three Amazon Basics micro USBs that I bought have taken a shit since 1/31.

USB-C blows the fuck out of B.