Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Desktop Macs have a rechargeable mouse. Apparently, they don't want you using the mouse while it's charging, so they put the charging connection on the bottom, and the computer doesn't tell you the mouse battery is low until there's about fifteen minutes left. 

Apple died as an innovative company with Steve Jobs. 

On 4/2/2021 at 2:06 PM, Jameslaw121 said:

Yesterday, and the grocery store, in one aisle I had three different women put their cart in the very center of the aisle while shopping. Three different times I had to say excuse me for them to move the damn cart. 

People do not give a fuck about others, whether they are on a cart or shopping with a regular one.

The inclination to just run these people the fuck over keeps growing inside.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF OTHER PEOPLE'S WAY, MOTHERFUCKERS. Stay the fuck at the house...

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, slorch said:

People do not give a fuck about others, whether they are on a cart or shopping with a regular one.

The inclination to just run these people the fuck over keeps growing inside.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF OTHER PEOPLE'S WAY, MOTHERFUCKERS. Stay the fuck at the house...

These people were all of @Armybrat's generation. And I just can't get angry like I would with a 20 something

1 minute ago, Jameslaw121 said:

These people were all of @Armybrat's generation. And I just can't get angry like I would with a 20 something

old white women are the rudest of all grocery customers.   No fucks given.  Ever.   LOL

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Ahh so you haven't.  White women are all bluster. You mess with an angry balk woman, and you get the proverbial horns.

Old white women will run your ass over...

and then cuss you for slowing them down.

Axe anyone who work in the public...

14 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Grab the nearest product off the shelf and add one (or many more) to the offending cart. 

When I got to the checkout lane, I’d just omit that item. I’d know that wasn’t on my list. If you want to fuck with someone, take something out of their cart. They probably won’t notice it’s missing when they check out. They won’t figure it out until after they get home. They could’ve sworn they picked that up.

That would be the better way to fuck with me, anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TornACL said:

This iPhone commercial where the lady is fumbling her phone, that God damn ridiculous drum and babble background noise makes me want to murder someone. 

It doesn't help that mlb.tv seemingly runs that ad every half inning. 

On 3/26/2021 at 5:33 PM, UpperWestside said:

I have had to explain the username a few times. Short version is I liked hanging out over there because I used to go to the AMC by Lincoln Center and I love the Natural History Museum. I would not live over there though. I prefer an area with a vibrant culture (Puerto Ricans are pretty awesome people!) like the one in my neighborhood.

Should have moved up to the Eastside Mr. Jefferson

7 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Should have moved up to the Eastside Mr. Jefferson

Ha. I’m good with El Barrio.  Kinda cool walking past that building occasionally because it brings the show to mind. I wonder how many folks know he spent the last twenty odd years of his life living a simple and quiet one in El Paso. I had a friend some years back who remembered him living in her neighborhood and she said he would just walk to the grocery store and was nice to everyone.

Edited by UpperWestside

On 4/2/2021 at 1:45 PM, Superhero said:

A couple of Amazon Echo things...

Me: "Alexa, go to... "
Kids yelling over me: "Alexa tell a knock knock joke", "Alexa, how old are you?", "Alexa, drop in on mommy"

Me: "Alexa, play music by Steely Dan"
Kids within 5 seconds "Alexa, play Kidz Bop Kidz"

Like pretty much everything I own/do. As soon as I start using something, they'll run over and try to take over. FML.

Somebody's kids need their disrespectful little asses torn up.

• Hook 'Em 1

Idiot drivers merging onto a full-speed interstate, with plenty of space between vehicles, who assume they have the right of way, not the vehicles on the highway. These days I’m doing a lot of back and forth between Dallas and Tyler, and these idiots are legion. Many times the semi has no where to go because the left lane is occupied. 
On Sunday evening, I was driving on 290 westbound, at Waller. Right before the Buc-ees exit, a semi was about halfway into a car that was parallel to the truck. It was right after the preceding entrance ramp. I got to the scene about 1/2 hour after it happened and emergency personnel were ripping the windshield off to get to the driver. Although I didn’t see the accident happen, it was pretty easy to figure out. Truly, F around and find out. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Got a summons today to appear in Houston City Court as a witness.  The fuckstick that rear ended me on I10 and totaled my car is contesting his ticket.  I’m going to ask for the death penalty.

tenor.gif

Edited by nnm

paying 3-5$ for a pot/bunch of fresh herbs at the grocery stores when all you need is a few sprigs.  cilantro and basil ill often use the whole thing, but most everything else requires just a tiny bit.

ive tried growing them at home to have a perpetual supply, but its never works out that well (thyme is decently easy to maintain). 

im sure i buy plenty of groceries that is more wasteful, but nothing feels as wasteful as having to buy herbs.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, 52-80 said:

paying 3-5$ for a pot/bunch of fresh herbs at the grocery stores when all you need is a few sprigs.  cilantro and basil ill often use the whole thing, but most everything else requires just a tiny bit.

ive tried growing them at home to have a perpetual supply, but its never works out that well (thyme is decently easy to maintain). 

im sure i buy plenty of groceries that is more wasteful, but nothing feels as wasteful as having to buy herbs.

The “high” thread is that way ———>

Unsubscribing from email lists. Saying it will take anywhere from 2-10 days to take me off the list. Yet the second I sign up for one, I get bombarded. Fuck off.
Are you using @aol? If not, blacklist them. Replying will let them know your email is good, and they can sell it.

On 4/7/2021 at 1:29 PM, 52-80 said:

So....Thyme is on your side?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

I think you'll find a lot of light rail and bike lane proponents are born and raised right here in Austin, Texas.  And because of that, their sense of entitlement regarding their transportation opinions is even worse than that of an 'outsider.'