Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

7 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Having a nice 3 day weekend to get things around the house done and you have the pressure washer ready to go and find no O ring in the quick connect for the nozzles.  Water going sideways  instead of forward.  

I see a trip to The Home Creepo in my future. 

O really ?

55 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Having a nice 3 day weekend to get things around the house done and you have the pressure washer ready to go and find no O ring in the quick connect for the nozzles.  Water going sideways  instead of forward.  

Try the Home Despot instead. 

Ask your husband to get you an o-ring from the kit he should have in the garage.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R154Q38/

7 minutes ago, Okie State said:
38 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:
If only there were some way to train a dog to behave the way you want them to behave. 

You're right. I'll just ask her why she decided to start doing this after ten years of shitting in the yard.

Or you could take the opportunity to correct her behavior. Your dog is who you allow her to be. If you think you’re powerless in the relationship then maybe her shitting on your patio is a sign of disrespect. 

Or you could take the opportunity to correct her behavior. Your dog is who you allow her to be. If you think you’re powerless in the relationship then maybe her shitting on your patio is a sign of disrespect. 
Hey fuckface...it's a thread to bitch about trivial things.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Okie State said:
4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Hey fuckface...it's a thread to bitch about trivial things.

You’re right. My bad. A dog owner’s refusal to train their dog probably isn’t trivial.

But you could always buy a leash and take her for a walk. And not one of those 16 foot retractable leashes. It’s been my observation that everyone who uses one of those is a shitty dog owner.

That’s probably also not trivial.

You’re right. My bad. A dog owner’s refusal to train their dog probably isn’t trivial.
But you could always buy a leash and take her for a walk. And not one of those 16 foot retractable leashes. It’s been my observation that everyone who uses one of those is a shitty dog owner.

Unpopular opinions thread is->>>>>

Nailed it. Don't you have some more shitty hot sauce opinions to tell us about?

I have a co-worker that is a conspiracy nut. DO NOT mention anything that could remotely be connected to 9/11. He'll list off a dozen theories why it didn't happen the way we all saw it happen live. The more you try to reason with him, the harder into the paint he drives. The best I can do is distract him.

2 hours ago, RPM said:

I have a co-worker that is a conspiracy nut. DO NOT mention anything that could remotely be connected to 9/11. He'll list off a dozen theories why it didn't happen the way we all saw it happen live. The more you try to reason with him, the harder into the paint he drives. The best I can do is distract him.

Fuck that. Tell him he’s an idiot. We know the flight numbers. We know all the passengers who died. We know who the terrorists were, where they trained, and how they were funded. I have no patience for these morons and I’m not afraid of confrontation. If he brings up 7 World Trade Center, ask him if he’s ever been there. Remind him that they’re not separate structures and there were massive levels of infrastructure connecting everything under street level including a huge shopping mall and then a subway station below that. Call him out for being the fool that he is.

Grrrrr. That shit still gets my dander up. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Fucking toothbrushes. I'm trying to find a basic, but quality, toothbrush just like you used to be able to get from Oral B (or possibly Reach) in the 1970s-1990s. I don't want it to look like an athletic shoe. I don't want a big chonky rubber-coated handle that won't fit in a traditional toothbrush holder. I don't want exotic color-changing bristles made out of carbon fiber or organic spider silk.  I do want to be able to pick the size of the head as they all seem to be giant or tiny without enough specific sizes. Why do manufacturers take devices that have already been perfected and fuck them up in ways nobody asked for?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

people who get in the Mopac toll lane and drive exactly - or just under - 70 🤬 

people who misspell my name online, in emails, etc. HELLOOO MY NAME IS LITERALLY RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE AS YOU ARE TYPING I DID NOT FORGET A LETTER. 😡😡😡

24 minutes ago, mchookem said:

people who get in the Mopac toll lane and drive exactly - or just under - 70 🤬 

people who misspell my name online, in emails, etc. HELLOOO MY NAME IS LITERALLY RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE AS YOU ARE TYPING I DID NOT FORGET A LETTER. 😡😡😡

Sounds like something machookem would say...

40 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Some of my employees.

me:  I have asked you a “yes / no”question.  The only answer you can reply with is “yes” or “no.”   So which is it?

employee:  Uhhh....blue!!

This is it exactly. Co-workers are the worst. Predominantly a female workforce so to be expected I guess but many men also. Ffs, yes or no. Noncommittal fucks.  

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

Some of my employees.

me:  I have asked you a “yes / no”question.  The only answer you can reply with is “yes” or “no.”   So which is it?

Roofers. They've either falling off the roof, and smacking their little heads, or getting up from falling off the roof...

3 hours ago, deadshank said:

Some of my employees.

I get in trouble for telling them to answer the question, after they have dashed, darted, and diverted…

wife does it too, but there’s a thread for that.

Go to CPR training and the boss says it will only take a couple of hours but we get paid for 4. The gotdam instructor keeps yapping until its exactly 4 hours, then passes the completion sheet which takes another 15 minutes.

Pretty irrational, but I hate it when I see several other cars or people going right where I’m going.

About to walk into checkout line, and then 4 families walk right in front of you to get in line before you. Or about to pull into drive thru line and the 3 cars in front of you are also going there and get in front of you.

4B991C8F-BBC1-4756-BA43-00DA72EB29DC.gif.51bb47664b0ba282c16049abc3f8e3cc.gif

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Pretty irrational, but I hate it when I see several other cars or people going right where I’m going.

About to walk into checkout line, and then 4 families walk right in front of you to get in line before you. Or about to pull into drive thru line and the 3 cars in front of you are also going there and get in front of you.

4B991C8F-BBC1-4756-BA43-00DA72EB29DC.gif.51bb47664b0ba282c16049abc3f8e3cc.gif

Sounds just like the Truman show.....

6 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

But it's a little bit gratifying at a double speaker setup when you pick the faster lane after them. 

Look for the stickers on the back window.  If they have 9 family members represented, get in the other lane.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/4/2021 at 5:50 AM, deadshank said:

Some of my employees. My wife

employee Wife:  Uhhh....blue!!

FIF me

The spork. It serves no purpose. It only comes in plastic and never comes with a plastic knife. No one ever said, “What I really need here is a spork!”

Just give me a plastic spoon if you’re only going to give me one plastic utensil to use to eat your side dish. 

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The spork. It serves no purpose. It only comes in plastic and never comes with a plastic knife. No one ever said, “What I really need here is a spork!”

Just give me a plastic spoon if you’re only going to give me one plastic utensil to use to eat your side dish. 

You don't eat at Popeye's enough. 

Guest Lobo
1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

A lot of ladies like spooning as a sign of connection.  

Your mom likes sporking.  It's like spooning with a somethin'-somethin' poking them at the end.  

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

A lot of ladies like spooning as a sign of connection.  

Your mom likes sporking.  It's like spooning with a somethin'-somethin' poking them at the end.  

You couldn’t ramble on with more meaningless nonsense than that? You’re off your game. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Guest Lobo

I have to admit, my plastic cutlery based standup set isn't what it used to be since Wendy's changed up the frosty spoon.  I had a bit on those spoon-straw deals for slurpees but I got banned.