Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

16 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Explain to me how a warm air dryer spreads bacteria from my clean hands.

Good luck with that. Just because you’re a germaphobe doesn’t mean you’re thinking logically. It’s actually the opposite.

Stay out of my restroom, freak.

They use the air from the bathroom that has aerosolized  Fecal matter floating around the space 24/7. They're disgusting.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

They use the air from the bathroom that has aerosolized  Fecal matter floating around the space 24/7. They're disgusting.

Exactly. The air in a bathroom is full of fecal matter and other bacteria. Every flush of a toilet is an explosion of bacteria into the air. The hand dryer heats that up and forces it into the pores of your hands. Good luck with that. 

edit:  go do some basic research. Google is your friend. Air dryers are horrible, and jet dryers are worse. https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/the-bacterial-horror-of-the-hot-air-hand-dryer-2018051113823
But I guess you’re smarter than those eggheads at Haaavahd. 

Edited by nnm
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nnm said:

Exactly. The air in a bathroom is full of fecal matter and other bacteria. Every flush of a toilet is an explosion of bacteria into the air. The hand dryer heats that up and forces it into the pores of your hands. Good luck with that. 

I believe that's a pretty good description of Ohio right there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Explain to me how a warm air dryer spreads bacteria from my clean hands.
Good luck with that. Just because you’re a germaphobe doesn’t mean you’re thinking logically. It’s actually the opposite.
Stay out of my restroom, freak.

Not going to pile on but the link above is among numerous other links showing how those fans or dryers are just terrible. It’s way better to wash your hands and walk out with wet hands. Haven’t let my kids use those in a few years. I too thought they were better that grabbing the dial of the paper towel dispenser at one time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are these toilets where the air is poisonous in the slums of Calcutta? In 60 years of living I don't know that I've ever heard of anyone who could say "I got sick from going to the bathroom at X". 

I can’t recall ever knowing where I specifically got sick with the flu or a cold. Your mileage may vary.

• Like 1

When my mother in law uses a knife to spread butter or what have you, she leaves it on the counter because she doesn’t want to dirty another knife for some as yet unforeseen moment when a knife is again needed. 

On the upside, I always know where to find a dirty knife with dubious origins: on the kitchen counter.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

That’s lazy. Put it in the dishwasher. I know, I know, it takes 5 or 6 seconds to do that but you can find the time to wedge it in to your schedule (hers)

Wife might be upset that you wedge it into your mother in law.

That the Minnesota Twins and their AAA affiliate in Saint Paul...their stadiums are only 10 miles apart.  This is baseball, not Brazzers...spread your twin shit apart.  

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

That’s lazy. Put it in the dishwasher. I know, I know, it takes 5 or 6 seconds to do that but you can find the time to wedge it in to your schedule (hers)

Thankfully the better part of me has won out, set aside petty resentment and silently stuck it in the dishwasher myself. So far.

On 6/15/2021 at 2:07 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

Corollary: every bag of chips should come in a zip-lock sealable bag. 

The correct way to do this is fold down one corner towards the middle of the bag, then they opposite corner, and then the middle. This lazy shit in the picture will get your ass chewed out at my house.

chips.jpg?fit=500,650&ssl=1

1 minute ago, slorch said:

The correct way to do this is fold down one corner towards the middle of the bag, then they opposite corner, and then the middle. This lazy shit in the picture will get your ass chewed out at my house.

chips.jpg?fit=500,650&ssl=1

Rookie move right there.  Plain old Lays ?  No ridges, no flavors ?  Just greasy flat chips ?  

Got summoned for jury duty. Told to show up by 8:30. Sat around waiting for 20 minutes. They gave a little intro basically explaining where bathrooms and vending machines are then explained exemptions and disqualifications for the next 20 minutes until 9:10, then thought we needed a 20 minute break until 9:30. What a colossal waste of time. This is why no one wants to serve on a jury.

12 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Got summoned for jury duty. Told to show up by 8:30. Sat around waiting for 20 minutes. They gave a little intro basically explaining where bathrooms and vending machines are then explained exemptions and disqualifications for the next 20 minutes until 9:10, then thought we needed a 20 minute break until 9:30. What a colossal waste of time. This is why no one wants to serve on a jury.

First time, eh?

9 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

The 20 minute break has turned into 33 minutes and counting. Man it frustrates me how the government doesn’t value anyone’s time. 

Understood. Hey on the plus side, sometimes the law dogs are in there hashing out a plea deal, case gets closed, and you get sent home at lunch.  Nothing really happens fast though. It’s not disrespectful of the juror, it’s just the way it is. 

15 hours ago, nnm said:

I’m with you on all points except the dryers.

Air dryers are simply heating and blowing all that bacteria in a bathroom onto your hands. They’re super spreaders. A bathroom air dryer is about the worst possible invention ever for a germophobe. Even worse than those single loop towel dryers you referenced (which they still used in parts of Europe before C19). 

Given the choice between an air dryer and nothing, I’m choosing nothing every time. Far more hygienic to either drip-dry or use your pants. 

I tend to carry paper towels with me so I don't have to use the dryer or drip dry. Plus it's handy to use when opening and closing doors to keep my hands uncontaminated.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, slorch said:

Understood. Hey on the plus side, sometimes the law dogs are in there hashing out a plea deal, case gets closed, and you get sent home at lunch.  Nothing really happens fast though. It’s not disrespectful of the juror, it’s just the way it is. 

We’ve been waiting an hour now. I hope you’re correct about them hashing out a deal.

3 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Simple solution......don't wash your hands when you are done.

If you did not piss all over them you would not have to.

So you dig into your shorts, into which you’ve been farting all morning, rummage around, find your junk, cradle it while you piss, then tuck it back in those nasty shorts, and think that a drop of urine is the contaminate?  And then you proceed to walk out without washing?  Touching the same door handle that the rest of us do, or go out and shake hands with one of us?

This is how Ebola started. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, nnm said:

So you dig into your shorts, into which you’ve been farting all morning, rummage around, find your junk, cradle it while you piss, then tuck it back in those nasty shorts, and think that a drop of urine is the contaminate?  And then you proceed to walk out without washing?  Touching the same door handle that the rest of us do, or go out and shake hands with one of us?

This is how Ebola started. 

There is no door at HEB, which is about the only place I go in public, and I actually shower and wear clean "shorts" everyday.

7 hours ago, Hate said:

I’ve been registered for jury duty for 30+ years now and never been called.

Holy shite.

I've been called in 4 different counties.  Once for grand jury that was 3 months long( interesting, but holy furk, 13 Thursdays in a row.)

6 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

There is no door at HEB, which is about the only place I go in public, and I actually shower and wear clean "shorts" everyday.

Trivia on radio this morning said men wear their underwear on an average of 3 times before washing them.

Fuck no.  I basically wear 2 pair a day.  1 for work and another one for evening.  New pair to start the next day.

Nasty fucks.

15 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Food that is billed as spicy that are not spicy at all. Goddamn spice wimps.

I could ramble on for a long time about this. But I’ll spare you. The worst is when they say it’s spicy and you order it anyway and they try to warn you. “Are you sure?” Yeah, trust me. It sucks when they make it hot just for the sake of making it hot and it doesn’t taste good. What sucks even worse are the losses of favorite restaurants that got it right but went out of business or got sold because the owners died or retired over the years.

I’ve still got a favorite Thai place that does it right. Order it extra spicy and they make it extra spicy. (Bamboo Thai Kitchen on Bethel Rd. near Olentangy River Rd. behind the McDonald’s across the street from Micro Center in case that’s information anyone can use.)

I don’t have a whole lot of pozole experience but I know a place called Charrito’s on the southeast corner of Reed and Henderson that I think does a pretty good job. (You may think I didn’t spare you, but trust me, I could’ve written a lot more about favorite places that are no longer around.)

335DF6A5-E3BC-419D-9C09-4A1FC8D563D6.jpeg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Simple solution......don't wash your hands when you are done.

If you did not piss all over them you would not have to.

When I go into a normal clean bathroom, I wash my hands when done with my business.  If it is one of those disaster area/ nuclear fallout type places, I ain't touchin anything.  Just walk the fuck out...It seems virtually impossible that anything they have to offer in the handwashing process could improve the hygeine situation.

26 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I could ramble on for a long time about this. But I’ll spare you. The worst is when they say it’s spicy and you order it anyway and they try to warn you. “Are you sure?” Yeah, trust me. It sucks when they make it hot just for the sake of making it hot and it doesn’t taste good. What sucks even worse are the losses of favorite restaurants that got it right but went out of business or got sold because the owners died or retired over the years.

I’ve still got a favorite Thai place that does it right. Order it extra spicy and they make it extra spicy. (Bamboo Thai Kitchen on Bethel Rd. near Olentangy River Rd. behind the McDonald’s across the street from Micro Center in case that’s information anyone can use.)

I don’t have a whole lot of pozole experience but I know a place called Charrito’s on the southeast corner of Reed and Henderson that I think does a pretty good job. (You may think I didn’t spare you, but trust me, I could’ve written a lot more about favorite places that are no longer around.)

335DF6A5-E3BC-419D-9C09-4A1FC8D563D6.jpeg

I will never understand people that want something so fucking hot that as soon as you take the first bite your mouth and tongue are on fire and numb and you can barely taste anything after that.

I like a little spicy but fuck that blazing bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

So let me get this straight - the only location you urinate in public is the same location where you immediately begin to touch produce and other food items for sale after handling your flaccid genitals without washing your hands afterwards?

What the fuck?

• Like 1