Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

It happened again today.  Nice leisurely drive.  Flipping through the stations on Sirius.  Sweet!  Light My Fire by The Doors is on.  And... they cut out the keyboard solo.  How in the holy hell can anyone think it's ok to play a shortened version of that song without the keyboard solo?  Carry on.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

13 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

It happened again today.  Nice leisurely drive.  Flipping through the stations on Sirius.  Sweet!  Light My Fire by The Doors is on.  And... they cut out the keyboard solo.  How in the holy hell can anyone think it's ok to play a shortened version of that song without the keyboard solo?  Carry on.

Absolutely maddening.  Was listening to a radio station in my wife's car the other day and they played a shortened version of Night Moves.  I immediately turned the station and proceeded to needlessly curse them while I was looking for a new one.  She was like "calm down, it's just a song!"  I'm screaming "it's the fucking principle, you don't cut out a verse of a song just so you can get to your next scheduled break on time.  Fuck that station!"  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

18 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I'm sorry, but there ain't a mother fucking thing trivial about that.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Underdog said:

It was a beautiful song
But it ran too long
If you're gonna have a hit
You gotta make it fit
So they cut it down to 3:05

Yeah, radio versions suck.  

Check it out
What are you saying, what are you playing?
Who are you obeying, day-out, day-in, huh?
Baby, baby, baby, baby
That stuff is driving me crazy
DJs communicate to the masses
Sex and violent classes
Now our children grow up prisoners
All their life, radio listeners

On 7/17/2021 at 4:54 PM, conVINCEd said:

When you ask for regular cheddar goldfish and go to the pantry a few days later and discover that the flavor blasted version was purchased.

5 hours ago, tx ind said:

Team flavor blast here

Regular cheddar is underwhelming. Parmesan if you're going non-flavor blasted - but for sure flavor blasted anything over regular cheddar. 

Although I remember them being better - especially the pizza one. 

9 minutes ago, Superhero said:

In preparation for our kitchen renovation (started last week), I ordered a microwave at the end of May.

The salesperson originally said July, then got an update from Bosch saying mid-August. Last email from her said late September…

FML

For a fucking microwave? Can't you just go buy a microwave somewhere? 

4 hours ago, Superhero said:

In preparation for our kitchen renovation (started last week), I ordered a microwave at the end of May.

The salesperson originally said July, then got an update from Bosch saying mid-August. Last email from her said late September…

FML

We have a signed contract for a major home renovation / addition.  Ordering appliances now for January delivery.  Won’t start the job until November.  

Sign of the times 

6 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:
Check it out
What are you saying, what are you playing?
Who are you obeying, day-out, day-in, huh?
Baby, baby, baby, baby
That stuff is driving me crazy
DJs communicate to the masses
Sex and violent classes
Now our children grow up prisoners
All their life, radio listeners

Radio is a sound salvation
Radio is cleaning up the nation
They say you better listen to the voice of reason
But they don't give you any choice 'cause they think that it's treason
So you had better do as you are told
You better listen to the radio

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Radio is a sound salvation
Radio is cleaning up the nation
They say you better listen to the voice of reason
But they don't give you any choice 'cause they think that it's treason
So you had better do as you are told
You better listen to the radio

Is this the MPLA?
Or is this the UDA?
Or is this the IRA?
I thought it was the UK
Or just another country
Another council tenancy
  • Hook 'Em 1

Not trivial, but I need to vent. I took the first day off that I have coming to me in almost 2 years because I have a medical thing with the VA that I scheduled on my Saturday and needed a day to prep. Today the schedule came out and they took away my Sunday so I have to work the day after my procedure.

8WK0.gif

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

People who merge cells in Excel.  99.999% of the time, it's to make it look pretty.  But if I want to sort it some other way, or cut/paste into something else, I gotta unmerge it which then causes all kinds of other issues.  It's a gd spreadsheet folks, rows and columns.  Save your pretty stuff for PowerPoint.

Edited by shakahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, shakahorn said:

People who merge cells in Excel.  99.999% of the time, it's to make it look pretty.  But if I want to sort it some other way, or cut/paste into something else, I gotta unmerge it which then causes all kinds of other issues.  It's a gd spreadsheet folks, rows and columns.  Save your pretty stuff for PowerPoint.

Freaking excel makes me surly. Idiot engineers and financial types use it for every conceivable purpose.  You can’t edit text, format, or do anything with it for a text document. Save your stupid excel sheets for your nerdy number-crunching. Leave the grown-up tasks of presenting complex thoughts in writing to those of us capable of using word processing and presentation programs. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

20 hours ago, shakahorn said:

I admit to merging cells. Sometimes Excel IS the presentation.

But I usually reserve it for the pure “input” sheets where there are few if none formulae. And the “output” sheets where people aren’t supposed to be dicking around in the first place.

In my calculations worksheets, I don’t merge cells. They make life miserable. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Assholes at counter service places who wait till they are ordering to look at the menu and decide. This isn’t a browse the menu over wine place, dickhead. Save that for date night at Bennigans.

(I know this is upthread as well, just bears repeating)

The tip option at a counter service place. Since when did tipping regular wage employees for simply doing their job become the norm. And if you don’t tip, you know they see that and your food prep is still in their control. Makes me ragey. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Nabisco can kiss my ass. 

Saw some Double Stuffed Oreos in the cabinet - yes please.  I had to do a double take on the packaging after taking a bite, could have sworn it was just a regular Oreo.  Nope those cheap fuckers have whittled down the white cream over the years so what used to be a double is now really a single from 20 years ago.

I wanted the real thing so took apart two and mashed them together.  Left my double stuffed, right the bullshit marketing double stuff.

IMG_6609.thumb.jpg.e283bda4b364c269af13f92131c88c0a.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Assholes at counter service places who wait till they are ordering to look at the menu and decide. This isn’t a browse the menu over wine place, dickhead. Save that for date night at Bennigans.

The judges would have also accepted Applebee's.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mach 1 said:

Nabisco can kiss my ass. 

Saw some Double Stuffed Oreos in the cabinet - yes please.  I had to do a double take on the packaging after taking a bite, could have sworn it was just a regular Oreo.  Nope those cheap fuckers have whittled down the white cream over the years so what used to be a double is now really a single from 20 years ago.

I wanted the real thing so took apart two and mashed them together.  Left my double stuffed, right the bullshit marketing double stuff.

3 hours ago, Llogg said:

I'll take "Things fat people complain about for 800, Alex."

I’m skinny as hell and agree with the Oreo dilemma. Double stuff is the only way to live and they need to step up their game. 

6 hours ago, Mach 1 said:

Nabisco can kiss my ass. 

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I’m skinny as hell and agree with the Oreo dilemma. Double stuff is the only way to live and they need to step up their game. 

1.86 times stuffed... not double.

bill nye GIF

11 hours ago, nnm said:

(I know this is upthread as well, just bears repeating)

The tip option at a counter service place. Since when did tipping regular wage employees for simply doing their job become the norm. And if you don’t tip, you know they see that and your food prep is still in their control. Makes me ragey. 

This.  Every place prints tip lines now regardless of whether or not someone's actually waiting on you.  I used to naively write in a tip for the ladies working on the cafeteria line in the cafe in my building.  After several months I heard from a co-worker that the asshole owner keeps the tips.  I asked one of the girls working there and she confirmed.  Made me ragey.  

Also trivial and annoying -- every time you buy anything online or have a customer service call over the phone, you start getting spammed to take customer service surveys.  Now, if it was something like one question rating your overall experience, fine.  I'll let you know if they deserve 5 stars like you would for an Uber driver.  But most places are like, "Thanks for taking 2 minutes to purchase an item online.  Do you have time to take a 10-page survey? Oh yeah, don't forget to fill out the short essay portion.  And yes, we did see that you didn't check 'yes' to us sending you future company promotions and special offers.  We're going to send you about two emails a day anyway."

Edited by Tom
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 5

14 hours ago, Llogg said:

I'll take "Things fat people complain about for 800, Alex."

Negative Ghost Rider.  I'm 190 lbs of twisted steel.  That Oreo will be burned off with two seconds of karate moves in my home dojo.

I'm a kick ass guy IRL, just ask my super cool friends.

Edited by Mach 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, BearMace said:

My new insanely powerful computer has one MAJOR flaw for breaking message board sports news: I have to hold Fn + F5 to refresh the page. F5 alone just dims my screen. I have ragrets.

check bios or the manufacturer's settings app, you might be able to flip that so function key is needed to do the alternate functions and make the standard F keys the default.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, BearMace said:

My new insanely powerful computer has one MAJOR flaw for breaking message board sports news: I have to hold Fn + F5 to refresh the page. F5 alone just dims my screen. I have ragrets.

Get a popsicle stick and glue one end to the Fn key and the other end to the F5 key.  Problem solved.

• Hook 'Em 1