Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Also, it annoys the fuck out of me that damn near every single business wants you to download their app.  I have enough random apps on my phone already, I don’t feel any need to have the app for the Chinese restaurant I order from 2-3 times/year.  I’ll just fucking call you, order, and come pick it up.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 4

4 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I really couldn't care less how people sign their emails as long as it's not Gig Em or Boomer Sooner.  We do have someone in our office who signs his email with something to do with LSU though.  I typically just stick to a simple Thanks with my first name below.

I sign off with boom shanka... loosely translated it means may your seed be fruitful in your wifes womb.

We have key cards to get in the doors at work. Just a plain card, no picture on it, no logos, nothing. You hold it by the sensor and it beeps and unlocks the door. The old women up here always call it a "badge", which I hate. I have a badge from when I worked at the county sheriff. It wasn't a plastic card. And an ID card isn't a badge either. 

This is how the thread works.
Well done
  • Haha 1

On 9/2/2021 at 12:57 PM, Sandman said:

We have key cards to get in the doors at work. Just a plain card, no picture on it, no logos, nothing. You hold it by the sensor and it beeps and unlocks the door. The old women up here always call it a "badge", which I hate. I have a badge from when I worked at the county sheriff. It wasn't a plastic card. And an ID card isn't a badge either. 

image.thumb.jpeg.d3e67bb1880d4caf02a8fd61c3a9eb44.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

oblivious people in traffic who wont inch their car up for cars turning behind them, squeezing into lane behind them, etc.  pay attention and be courteous, fuckers

This is why we need two types of car horns - one that's a "hey, heads up - little help here?" and one that's a "fuck you I hope your insides melt, you idiot piece of shit." 

Because these obliviots are always the ones immediately ready to take offense instead of figuring out what they might be doing wrong, or what you might be trying to communicate when you tap the horn at them. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

This is why we need two types of car horns - one that's a "hey, heads up - little help here?" and one that's a "fuck you I hope your insides melt, you idiot piece of shit." 

Because these obliviots are always the ones immediately ready to take offense instead of figuring out what they might be doing wrong, or what you might be trying to communicate when you tap the horn at them. 

Yes, but the “heads up” beep used to be a courtesy. Now someone has to do it at almost every red light because at least half of the drivers immediately look down on their phones as soon as they get to the red light, and are oblivious when the light changes. Rage inducing. 

• Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I'd just ring the second one every time. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Also, it annoys the fuck out of me that damn near every single business wants you to download their app.  I have enough random apps on my phone already, I don’t feel any need to have the app for the Chinese restaurant I order from 2-3 times/year.  I’ll just fucking call you, order, and come pick it up.

You’re speaking my language. It’s cool to have your own app! It helps with marketing! Yeah, it also means that I say “fuck your barrier to entry,” I’ll order from the place that lets me just click a coupla buttons on their website or call to place my order.
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

Dear Knox, 

You are wrong. 

Sincerely, 

Degenerate Gamblers 

If I ever find myself betting on a WNBA game I’m gonna just throw in the towel.

Sincerely,

A guy who has bet a lot of money on Hawaii football games over the years because of the late start times.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/2/2021 at 3:07 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

I can out trivial that:

I have a coworker that uses "respectfully" in her signature.

Respectfully,

High Plains Drifter

I do that sometimes, particularly when I'm telling someone they fucked up or are a dumbass.  It's kind of like "with all due respect, sir"

As for "Blessed" or "Have a Blessed Day", I tend to end my replies with "Bless your heart"..

Fucking Disney continuing to run a yellow plug on the score ribbon during ABC / ESPN CFB games.  Thought we'd been thru this shit before - in the middle of every play you glance down to see that plug, thinking there's a flag on the play.  Only to see that it's a promo for a god-awful WBNA game, or something just as bad. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Fucking Disney continuing to run a yellow plug on the score ribbon during ABC / ESPN CFB games.  Thought we'd been thru this shit before - in the middle of every play you glance down to see that plug, thinking there's a flag on the play.  Only to see that it's a promo for a god-awful WBNA game, or something just as bad. 

You don't think that's an accident, do you? 

4 hours ago, DougO said:

Narrow feet, way too much damn shoelace, step on them all the time and walk around with an untied shoe.

new laces are cheap.  but agree on the sentiment - had a pair of hiking boots that used really fat, round, inelastic laces.  all of those added = self-loosening knot.  annoying.