Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Because it's safety orange.  Yellow was the name because it was taken from the cab company business model of the day.  

When the NHTSA was formed in the early 70's, one of their earliest projects was to determine the safest colors for construction equipment, road barriers, even semi trucks.  That safety orange color that we know all too well today from sitting in construction traffic gained a massive following.  DuPont had used a similar shade with Yellow trucks going back to the inter-war period, but other carriers began integrating it into their logos including ours which more closely resembled the orange you see on an old Dutch flag.  Several mid-size carriers still integrate some shade of safety orange to this day though most favor bright white tractor-trailers with extensive reflectors and tape.

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

Because it's safety orange.  Yellow was the name because it was taken from the cab company business model of the day.  

When the NHTSA was formed in the early 70's, one of their earliest projects was to determine the safest colors for construction equipment, road barriers, even semi trucks.  That safety orange color that we know all too well today from sitting in construction traffic gained a massive following.  DuPont had used a similar shade with Yellow trucks going back to the inter-war period, but other carriers began integrating it into their logos including ours which more closely resembled the orange you see on an old Dutch flag.  Several mid-size carriers still integrate some shade of safety orange to this day though most favor bright white tractor-trailers with extensive reflectors and tape.

I didn’t really need an answer but thanks.  
I guess 

• Haha 2

My bad.  Saw the two question marks and the two posters mentioned who i think are in the industry and thought I'd chime in.  

I'm a sucker for trucking history.  And thankful for them continuing a steady flow of booze during pandemic supply chain disruptions.  

Makes me surly, not sure if this is still the case with finally some non-Baptist laws getting passed in the alcohol world...but seeing a craft brewer or distillery package their product, ship it to a distributor, who then ships it to a liquor store, who then ships it to the bar where I want to go enjoy a glass of it.  Seems like an awfully big waste of time and fuel to get a beer from South Austin to a bar in another part of South Austin.  

22 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

You don't think that's an accident, do you? 

I realize that.   But it's just keeping in tune with the idiocy of Disney and it trying to balance what is smart and what enhances the viewer experience.   And it can really suck at the latter when desired, and this is a good example. 

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

People every year telling their same tired stories of where they were on 9/11. Unless you were actually around ground zero, your story sucks. No one cares you were in class or at work when you heard.

I don't disagree with your point, but I'm almost certain you posted this a year ago. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

People every year telling their same tired stories of where they were on 9/11. Unless you were actually around ground zero, your story sucks. No one cares you were in class or at work when you heard.

Well, it's a board for communication AND not everyone that posts is on here yearly.  Perhaps, if you don't want to see the stories, don't click on the thread.  I effing hate tennis, therefore, I don't click on any thread that has tennis in it.

Got called into jury duty for juror selection. I got there at 7:45AM and left at 2:45PM.

My active participation during that time was saying “here” two times. Filling out a form with 3 questions. Being told to report back tomorrow at 9AM with 120 people to see whether I can be dismissed…

Infuriating. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Got called into jury duty for juror selection. I got there at 7:45AM and left at 2:45PM.

My active participation during that time was saying “here” two times. Filling out a form with 3 questions. Being told to report back tomorrow at 9AM with 120 people to see whether I can be dismissed…

Infuriating. 

Quit crying, commie. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Superhero said:

What crawled up your urethra comrade?

BTW, this is for a felony sexual assault case. They should’ve just served justice Judge Dredd style. Stop wasting my damn time when the guy is clearly guilty. 

You should probably just tell the judge that you don't care to do your civic duty. 

And hope that if you ever need a jury to resolve something for you (or, heaven forbid, clear you of a crime you didn't commit), that you get a better draw of folks summoned for jury duty than this guy has apparently received. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Superhero said:

Infuriating. 

Congrats. You are overqualified for 99% of government jobs.

9 hours ago, Superhero said:

What crawled up your urethra comrade?

BTW, this is for a felony sexual assault case. They should’ve just served justice Judge Dredd style. Stop wasting my damn time when the guy is clearly guilty. 

You’ve heard not one shred of testimony or evidence and have already decided that the guy is “clearly guilty?”

You’re what’s wrong with America. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

22 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

That god-awful "Scoop, there it is" commercial drives me looking for the remote instantaneously.    Of course, the remote is nowhere to be found. 

My 11 year old loves that commercial. Whenever it comes on, I pause the tv, call her into the living room, and we sing the song together. Drives my wife absolutely crazy.

Whenever I or anybody else serving up some icecream to myself or anybody else, the "Scoop, there it is" is mandatory.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

My 11 year old loves that commercial. Whenever it comes on, I pause the tv, call her into the living room, and we sing the song together. Drives my wife absolutely crazy.

Whenever I or anybody else serving up some icecream to myself or anybody else, the "Scoop, there it is" is mandatory.

That little ditty went platinum...  there's yer scoop....

5 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

You should probably just tell the judge that you don't care to do your civic duty. 

And hope that if you ever need a jury to resolve something for you (or, heaven forbid, clear you of a crime you didn't commit), that you get a better draw of folks summoned for jury duty than this guy has apparently received. 

He should have just walked around mumbling "fry the mother fucker" from the minute he got there.

10 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

And yet, he's also shown himself to be unqualified to serve as a juror. 

They never got to me and about 30 others before they found 12 impartial jurors.

I don’t think they would’ve taken me anyways because I’ve got 2 kids under 10. Everyone they took either didn’t have kids or their kids were already grown up. 

You and her definitely need to learn how to do the dance too. Somewhere your wife will be posting to the stupid shit husbands do thread.