Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Are there really people who can’t distinguish between chicken chunks and chicken nuggets? Every “boneless wing” I’ve ever seen at a restaurant are chunks. Nuggets are ground mystery meat. You can see grain from chicken meat in chunks. Both are inferior to bone in actual wings.

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

in speech when people substitute abbreviations is just as long to pronounce (=similar # syllables) to the original phrase.

like when people say "mpg" rather than "miles per gallon"

You do realize that in your example of abbreviations with the same number of syllables as the full phrase the full phrase has more syllables than the abbreviation, right?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Texaskimo said:

You do realize that in your example of abbreviations with the same number of syllables as the full phrase the full phrase has more syllables than the abbreviation, right?

Similar is the threshold, not same

DMV is a convenient way of saying, and writing, 'department of motor vehicles'

MPG is convenient in writing, not in speech

7 hours ago, 'stache said:

Are there really people who can’t distinguish between chicken chunks and chicken nuggets? Every “boneless wing” I’ve ever seen at a restaurant are chunks. Nuggets are ground mystery meat. You can see grain from chicken meat in chunks. Both are inferior to bone in actual wings.

Chic Fil A Nuggets are cut pieces of chicken meat, not laminated random chicken byproduct parts and filler like a McDonald's nugget, or from a Wal Mart's Good Value frozen bag. The term "nugget" is just a general term for little round-ish pieces made primarily for children and the poors, but not necessarily related to biological or structural integrity.

It's not like chicken tenders vs chicken strips. A tender is from the breast tenderloin, whereas a strip could technically be any damn part of the chicken cut into a strip.

Edited by DougO

38 minutes ago, DougO said:

Chic Fil A Nuggets are cut pieces of chicken meat, not laminated random chicken byproduct parts and filler like a McDonald's nugget, or from a Wal Mart's Good Value frozen bag. The term "nugget" is just a general term for little round-ish pieces made primarily for children and the poors, but not necessarily related to biological or structural integrity.

It's not like chicken tenders vs chicken strips. A tender is from the breast tenderloin, whereas a strip could technically be any damn part of the chicken cut into a strip.

My observation has been that the term "nugget" is the McDonalds ground up mystery meat, and any place that uses cut up pieces of chicken make sure to not get confused with nuggets.  Chicken chunks are not ground up.  BWW does not serve ground up nuggets as boneless wings, they are breaded chicken chunks.  I see a pretty big difference and have not seen chunks referred to as nuggets.

46 minutes ago, DougO said:

thanks, now I want chikfila

13 minutes ago, 'stache said:

My observation has been that the term "nugget" is the McDonalds ground up mystery meat, and any place that uses cut up pieces of chicken make sure to not get confused with nuggets.  Chicken chunks are not ground up.  BWW does not serve ground up nuggets as boneless wings, they are breaded chicken chunks.  I see a pretty big difference and have not seen chunks referred to as nuggets. 

Read the post you replied to. Chick Fil A Nuggets are not ground up chicken. And they're pretty much THE standard for white people fry chicken that doesn't come with bones.

Besides, people who eat "boneless wings" are disqualified.

1 hour ago, DougO said:

And if you really want to get into semantics, "boneless wings" aren't even wings. They're breast meat.

Ha! That was the entire fucking point of my original comment!  Now we're arguing whether "Boneless chicken wings" should be considered chunks or nuggets? Yes. No. Depends... I don't give a fuck! Just don't call them wings!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougO said:

And if you really want to get into semantics, "boneless wings" aren't even wings. They're breast meat.

1 hour ago, DougO said:

Maybe they were invented in the upstate New York town of Boneless, and they have a different definition of wings? Might be an acronym. 

35 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

Ha! That was the entire fucking point of my original comment!  Now we're arguing whether "Boneless chicken wings" should be considered chunks or nuggets? Yes. No. Depends... I don't give a fuck! Just don't call them wings!

This debate should be nominated for a pullet-zer.

On 8/1/2018 at 5:17 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Do you also complain when they call the little legs wings, or when they call the animal they come from a buffalo?

The little leg looking things are part of the wing, referred to commonly as a "drumette." Didn't your wife ever work at Hooters?

Edited by DougO

I think I did the surly (or ragey) thing long ago about chicken wings and their stupid prices. The wing used to be the cheapest part of the chicken and I would buy them at the store and make my own frequently. Then they got hipsterized by sports bar millennials, and "wings" became a big thing because of marketing of super cheap shit with a massive markup.

Now the wing is the most expensive part of the chicken by the pound. They got "fajita-ized." So now poors like me ain't gonna pay no $3.49/lb for fecking wings.

Why doesn't somebody make "hot legs" a big thing? It makes more sense than ruining wings for everybody else.

Make real wings great again.

10 hours ago, DougO said:

If actual wings aren't breast meat, what makes you think boneless wings are breast meat? Breast meat sells for more than wing meat. Why would anyone masquerade the more expensive cut as the cheaper cut of meat at a lesser price? 

8 hours ago, DougO said:

I think I did the surly (or ragey) thing long ago about chicken wings and their stupid prices. The wing used to be the cheapest part of the chicken and I would buy them at the store and make my own frequently. Then they got hipsterized by sports bar millennials, and "wings" became a big thing because of marketing of super cheap shit with a massive markup.

Now the wing is the most expensive part of the chicken by the pound. They got "fajita-ized." So now poors like me ain't gonna pay no $3.49/lb for fecking wings.

Why doesn't somebody make "hot legs" a big thing? It makes more sense than ruining wings for everybody else.

Make real wings great again.

They tried that on A Christmas Story, and the dogs did the turkey & the lamp in...

22 hours ago, 'stache said:

If actual wings aren't breast meat, what makes you think boneless wings are breast meat? Breast meat sells for more than wing meat. Why would anyone masquerade the more expensive cut as the cheaper cut of meat at a lesser price? 

Wings are more expensive than chicken breast nowadays

1 hour ago, Chuychanga said:

Chicken nugget talk not going away. 

Team anything without a bone is a nugget. Strips, tenders, boneless wings... all nuggets. Some are of higher quality than others but all are nuggets and all are for children. 

Sliced chicken tenders = mechanically separated mush.  That's just a weird fucking opinion which I didn't know was a thing, but okay.  Trivial for sure.  Just fucking weird imo.

20 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

refilling your water out of the fridge dispenser and it shoots onto the ice already in the cup causing it to spray everywhere 

Kinda like next morning jizz crust causing the dual spray onto the drywall to the left and the floor on the right, both streams completely missing the toilet?

Edited by deadshank

8 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Go to HEB and check the prices...if they're open.

48 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

The word “salsa”. Back in the day it was just hot sauce. Then in the 90s somebody decided it needed to be more exotic. It’s fucking hot sauce.

This 

Mexican-Salsa_EXPS_CIMZ17_45319_B07_18_6

is not the same as

1371609120667.jpeg

Edited by slorch

I get being a courteous driver but some people take it to the extreme.  Was heading to AT&T earlier and stop for an approaching car in the parking lot when the bitch decides to stop and signals me to go.  No GDit, I’m just going right there, you go you ignorant cunt.  She was black*, so I ALMOST called the cops on her for being a courteous driver.  

*She wasn’t really black, but some wrinkled up honk.