Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

People who walk with no fucking purpose. Get the fuck out of the way. 

People who take up the whole aisle at a store with their cart next to them or walking down the direct center of the aisle and it's hard to pass them on either side.

People who do not look before barreling out of an aisle into the main walkway. Fucking morons.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

People at the gas station who cause you to wait for 10 minutes because they are cashing in 20 lottery tickets and using the proceeds to buy a random combination of  20 new lottery tickets.  I just need to buy a couple of bags of ice, hurry the fuck up.

And then they stand there at the register scratching off their new lottery tickets. Fucking lotto junkies are the worst. 

• Rage+1 2

11 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

This is becoming less and less relevant in today's world of technology but goddammit when you give change back it's coins first followed by bills. 

Ever have some dipshit give you 35¢ in change and give you three dimes and a nickel instead of a quarter and a dime? Wtf?

On 4/27/2022 at 7:27 AM, deadshank said:

These young men and sometimes adult men that sit sullen in the passenger seat, thumbing their phones while their girlfriend or mom drives them around. 

Do you not have a DL or your own vehicle?   You get carted around why?  No gumption?  WTF?  

291C1CB2-A855-4EE8-A3F0-0AE2EDAD74AF.gif

TIL driving makes one a "man".

That said, I drive because I have control issues.

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

TIL driving makes one a "man".

That said, I drive because I have control issues.

I used to drive for a living. I take any opportunity to sit in the passenger seat and stare out the window or just doze off. It's like a chef cooking all day and then wanting to go home and cook a big dinner. Fuck that noise. 

• Hook 'Em 1

AT&T is some needy motherfuckers.....they are upgrading my area to fiber and I think it took 15 text messages to confirm the appointment and that the technician was coming on the specified day and that he was on his way....plus the phone call to set it up to start and I think a couple of emails that I ignored

even being the phone company they must spend $5 billion a year on text messages and another $5 billion on the assholes to get them sent (even if automated someone has to program all that annoying shit)

it seemed like every 4 or 5 hours for 3 days it was another text from AT&T wanting a reply or just reminding me they were coming in a few days...my phone was honking more than a fucking busy train crossing

AT&T is some needy motherfuckers.....they are upgrading my area to fiber and I think it took 15 text messages to confirm the appointment and that the technician was coming on the specified day and that he was on his way....plus the phone call to set it up to start and I think a couple of emails that I ignored
even being the phone company they must spend $5 billion a year on text messages and another $5 billion on the assholes to get them sent (even if automated someone has to program all that annoying shit)
it seemed like every 4 or 5 hours for 3 days it was another text from AT&T wanting a reply or just reminding me they were coming in a few days...my phone was honking more than a fucking busy train crossing
That's because all of the people on Nextdoor bitching that some suspicious man knocked on their door asking for access to their backyard WITH NO WARNING!
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Okie State said:
1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

That's because all of the people on Nextdoor bitching that some suspicious man knocked on their door asking for access to their backyard WITH NO WARNING!

in my case they needed access to the house to pull the fiber in to the modem

and to be fair to SOME of those people on nextdoor AT&T will send some contractors out that are in some rando truck, wearing the shit they slept in last night, and looking like they just got out of prison to walk into back yards and do a drop bury or inspect the bushes and trees to see if they need trimming or cut back from the pole

and yes some of those people on nextdoor probably knew they had an appointment and soccer practice for the kids or another episode of the view got in the way of remembering that, but shit 3 or 4 text and an email will probably suffice after the first phone call to set up the appointment

and then of course there is the "how did our guy do" survey text after it is all done which I generally fill out since corporate asshats take that shit serious and I try and match my bitching with positivity to some degree when I am happy with service

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

and then of course there is the "how did our guy do" survey text after it is all done which I generally fill out since corporate asshats take that shit serious and I try and match my bitching with positivity to some degree when I am happy with service

Those stupid surveys make me surly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

I like saying Chimichurri. 
It sounds like a word kids would say to describe private parts. 

it sounds like a rash a little kid would have on their balls

lil' johnny stop scratching at your balls.......I can't I got the chimichurri

7 hours ago, Superhero said:

People who go hiking on a trail and blast their music on a bluetooth speaker.

is this the granola equivalent of boom boom cars?

• Haha 1

On 4/27/2022 at 7:27 AM, deadshank said:

These young men and sometimes adult men that sit sullen in the passenger seat, thumbing their phones while their girlfriend or mom drives them around. 

Do you not have a DL or your own vehicle?   You get carted around why?  No gumption?  WTF?  

291C1CB2-A855-4EE8-A3F0-0AE2EDAD74AF.gif

If the wife insists on going to certain places(church) I make her drive. I will even ride in the back with the kids for reparations.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Haha 1

On 4/27/2022 at 12:31 PM, mininghorn88 said:

People who use speaker phones in public spaces.

People who FaceTime in public. A woman was doing this yesterday at restaurant where my wife and I were eating lunch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, royiv said:

People who FaceTime in public. A woman was doing this yesterday at restaurant where my wife and I were eating lunch.

Stupid things your wife does thread is thataway——>

On 4/27/2022 at 12:31 PM, mininghorn88 said:

People who use speaker phones in public spaces.

Especially the ones using them in the checkout line at HEB who shush you when they can't hear over the normal grocery store noise.  No, lady, you're not in a phone booth.  I will speak as loudly as needed for my wife to hear me.  Maybe a tad louder now.

• Like 3

These young men and sometimes adult men that sit sullen in the passenger seat, thumbing their phones while their girlfriend or mom drives them .

In a similar vein,, the  men who drop off their scrub-wearing wives at the hospital for bed pan duty. NOLA based.

I'll echo the hatred of people using phone speakers in public.

The thing I don't understand is why they even enjoy doing it.  It sounds like absolute shit and you're hearing everything else around you.  Not only are headphones more courteous, they're a much better auditory experience.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'll echo the hatred of people using phone speakers in public.

The thing I don't understand is why they even enjoy doing it.  It sounds like absolute shit and you're hearing everything else around you.  Not only are headphones more courteous, they're a much better auditory experience.

People who will listen to music on phone speakers beyond just showing somebody a video. The tinny shit sound quality makes me stabby. Closest I've ever come to getting in a fight at a gym was when a motherfucker thought it was somehow acceptable to just be blaring music on his iphone. I told him in no uncertain terms that shit was not gonna fly. 

Along the same lines I've gotten to where I pretty much hate hearing phones ring in public. Put that shit on vibrate or at least silence it with some urgency. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 5/1/2022 at 4:31 AM, 52-80 said:

I like saying Chimichurri. 
It sounds like a word kids would say to describe private parts. 

In Brazilian Portuguese, “buceta” is rather vulgar way of saying vagina, yet it sounds like a a delicious plate of food…hey, wait a goddamn minute. I see what they did there. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1