Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

23 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'll echo the hatred of people using phone speakers in public.

The thing I don't understand is why they even enjoy doing it.  It sounds like absolute shit and you're hearing everything else around you.  Not only are headphones more courteous, they're a much better auditory experience.

I am taxiing to the gate in ATL. Lady behind me has her speakerphone on talking to some other lady. No one cares to hear your stupid conversation. Having to hear half of it is bad enough!

• Rage+1 3

Not trivial, worth repeating...

Fucking dumb ass lady with her husband in the passenger seat doing 77 (80mph Speed Limit) in the left lane on the toll road.  Situation made worse by the fact that there were assholes in the middle lane doing the same speed.  No one aware enough to understand that they were all impeding my progress.  

If you can't drive the speed limit on the toll road, stay the fuck off of it.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 4

45 minutes ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

Not trivial, worth repeating...

Fucking dumb ass lady with her husband in the passenger seat doing 77 (80mph Speed Limit) in the left lane on the toll road.  Situation made worse by the fact that there were assholes in the middle lane doing the same speed.  No one aware enough to understand that they were all impeding my progress.  

If you can't drive the speed limit on the toll road, stay the fuck off of it.  

People who drive the speed limit or less in the left lane in normal weather, drive me absolutely insane.

Back in February we went to Milwaukee, and the entire way across Wisconsin it was one asshole after another doing 70 MPH in the left lane and refusing to get over.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

On 5/2/2022 at 12:35 PM, jeevsie said:

Scheduling a meeting, then having to go walk around to wrangle people into said meeting.  Maybe this isn't so trivial.

People who schedule unnecessary meetings, then don't get the hint when no one shows up.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Wrong. It's a speed limit not a speed minimum. It's not your road. You are the asshole. Have you done the math to figure out how big a difference that 3mph made for your trip? 

If you’re not passing anyone, get the fuck over to the right. I don’t give a fuck what the speed limit is

2 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

So you're the asshole semi driver who's truck is governed at 70.1 trying to pass the guy who's truck is governed at 69.9 for 40 miles?

The left lane is for passing.  If you aren't passing, get the fuck out of the way.  It's not my road, but it ain't yours either.

I go about 9 over the speed limit.  If someone's going faster than me (which is plenty frequent) I get the fuck over and let them pass.

You sure talk like it's your road. I should slow down behind the guy on the right because you want to pass faster than I'm passing? Fuck you. All you guys dog piling on this just realize slorch is on your side and reflect on your life choices.

• Fuck You 1

You sure talk like it's your road. I should slow down behind the guy on the right because you want to pass faster than I'm passing? Fuck you. All you guys dog piling on this just realize slorch is on your side and reflect on your life choices.

If you wanna police speed limits, become a traffic cop.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

The law is not a suggestion.

But that is beside the point I was making. You have three people wanting to go different speeds. The argument put forth is that the person desiring to go the medium speed should slow down behind the slow person to allow the fast person by. Essentially fuck everyone because speedy is more important. Fuck speedy. I'll pull over after I get around the slow guy. If you want to be mad at that well that's on you.

Edited by Llogg
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

This is a tough one but I’m with Al.  Move over. Left lane is for passing not passing in twenty minutes 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

When my daughter (no pics) was a young driver she was driving in the left hand lane without having to pass anyone.  A State Trooper pulls up next to her and motions for her to get over into the RH lane.  LH lane is for passing.  She learned her lesson.

She is the only female that I allow to drive me around when I go visit them out of town.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

When someone is coming up behind me and going faster while I’m mildly passing another vehicle on the right, I speed up to complete my pass and return to my previously scheduled speed in the right lane, because holding up someone else is a dick move.

Forcing someone to drive faster than they are comfortable with is not a dick move? Weird values system you got there. Holding someone up for what will likely amount to two minutes or less in travel time versus increasing speed which directly correlates to accidents and accident severity. Tough to know who is right but sure, selfish assholes rule the world so let's just go with your way 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

I ordered some stuff online from two different vendors (neither amazon), both told me my items would arrive within 2-3 days, which was incredibly quick, IMO. Nothing has showed up yet and everything has been pushed back. Why over-promise and under-deliver? If they had told me it would take 10 days to get my stuff, that's fine. I didn't ask for 2 day shipping. But if you tell me it'll be here in 2 days and now it's been a week and it still ain't here, I'm irritated.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, Llogg said:

My life choices are fine, can discuss... and have.

But for the record, move your ass Pyle... Your slow ass driving is either deliberate or negligent.  GTFO of the way.

18 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Forcing someone to drive faster than they are comfortable with is not a dick move? Weird values system you got there. Holding someone up for what will likely amount to two minutes or less in travel time versus increasing speed which directly correlates to accidents and accident severity. Tough to know who is right but sure, selfish assholes rule the world so let's just go with your way 

It is a dick move to keep driving in the LH lane.  For them to hurry up and make their pass is not asking too much of them.  It is not like asking them to drive super fast the whole time.  Maybe a quarter of a mile just to get around the vehicle that they are plodding by.  It is probably the same drivers that slowly pass an 18-wheeler as well.  I notice that a lot of people actually drive slower next to an 18-wheeler and then speed up once they are around them.  Hurry up and pass.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

So you're the asshole semi driver who's truck is governed at 70.1 trying to pass the guy who's truck is governed at 69.9 for 40 miles?

The left lane is for passing.  If you aren't passing, get the fuck out of the way.  It's not my road, but it ain't yours either.

I go about 9 over the speed limit.  If someone's going faster than me (which is plenty frequent) I get the fuck over and let them pass.

Good Lord. I-40.  Dallas to Knoxville.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 7:58 PM, Scheiss Meister said:

Especially the ones using them in the checkout line at HEB who shush you when they can't hear over the normal grocery store noise.  No, lady, you're not in a phone booth.  I will speak as loudly as needed for my wife to hear me.  Maybe a tad louder now.

Yeah, if you’re on speakerphone in public then I take that as an invitation to participate in your conversation. I have no problem speaking to the person on the other end.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/1/2022 at 6:58 PM, Scheiss Meister said:

Especially the ones using them in the checkout line at HEB who shush you when they can't hear over the normal grocery store noise.  No, lady, you're not in a phone booth.  I will speak as loudly as needed for my wife to hear me.  Maybe a tad louder now.

I would lose my fucking mind if that happened.

Fuck off with your need for privacy...in a gotdam public place.

59 minutes ago, Llogg said:

If you’re not comfortable going over 70 why get on the highway?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

It is a dick move to keep driving in the LH lane.  For them to hurry up and make their pass is not asking too much of them.  It is not like asking them to drive super fast the whole time.  Maybe a quarter of a mile just to get around the vehicle that they are plodding by.  It is probably the same drivers that slowly pass an 18-wheeler as well.  I notice that a lot of people actually drive slower next to an 18-wheeler and then speed up once they are around them.  Hurry up and pass.

It's not just a good idea -- in Texas it happens to be the law:

SUBCHAPTER B. DRIVING ON RIGHT SIDE OF ROADWAY AND PASSING

Sec. 545.051. DRIVING ON RIGHT SIDE OF ROADWAY. (a) An operator on a roadway of sufficient width shall drive on the right half of the roadway, unless:

(1) the operator is passing another vehicle;

(2) an obstruction necessitates moving the vehicle left of the center of the roadway and the operator yields the right-of-way to a vehicle that:

(A) is moving in the proper direction on the unobstructed portion of the roadway; and

(B) is an immediate hazard;

(3) the operator is on a roadway divided into three marked lanes for traffic; or

(4) the operator is on a roadway restricted to one-way traffic.

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/TN/htm/TN.545.htm

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I-80 is the same way.

It's absolutely brutal.  I-30 to Arkansas.  I-40 to Knox.  When you get about halfway between Nashville and Knoxville, the road gets really sketchy.  NOW the truck drivers want to drive like bats outta hell.

2 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

It's not just a good idea -- in Texas it happens to be the law:

SUBCHAPTER B. DRIVING ON RIGHT SIDE OF ROADWAY AND PASSING

Sec. 545.051. DRIVING ON RIGHT SIDE OF ROADWAY. (a) An operator on a roadway of sufficient width shall drive on the right half of the roadway, unless:

(1) the operator is passing another vehicle;

(2) an obstruction necessitates moving the vehicle left of the center of the roadway and the operator yields the right-of-way to a vehicle that:

(A) is moving in the proper direction on the unobstructed portion of the roadway; and

(B) is an immediate hazard;

(3) the operator is on a roadway divided into three marked lanes for traffic; or

(4) the operator is on a roadway restricted to one-way traffic.

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/TN/htm/TN.545.htm

and not one single person is arguing otherwise

• Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Llogg said:

and not one single person is arguing otherwise

Wow, you seem like a lot of fun at parties.  I haven’t ever negged anyone on this board but did your driving position posts because of your lack of social awareness.  For example, if you are driving 71 in the left lane passing someone in the right lane doing 70 and you see some person in your rear view catching up quickly, try paying some attention and make your pass quicker and get over.  

From those negs, you decided to go neg a ton of my posts completely unrelated to this. Talk about trivial things that make you surly.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

I'm not socially unaware. I'm rejecting the tacit assumption that because one driver is willing to be a bigger asshole everyone else should accommodate them. No. Fuck that guy. I don't drive in the left lane unless I'm passing, but if I'm passing and still not going as fast as the fuck behind me wants to go they can get to fuck.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

43 minutes ago, Llogg said:

I'm not socially unaware. I'm rejecting the tacit assumption that because one driver is willing to be a bigger asshole everyone else should accommodate them. No. Fuck that guy. I don't drive in the left lane unless I'm passing, but if I'm passing and still not going as fast as the fuck behind me wants to go they can get to fuck.

You should just stop driving altogether. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, Llogg said:

So, you are willing to have a 1 to 2 mph speed difference battle with the car you are “passing” thus holding up traffic for some indeterminate time?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Llogg said:

Why because I follow all of the rules of the road or because I might inconvenience some of you entitled fucks who think the road belongs to you?

Impeding traffic is illegal.

You're lying to yourself...and you're in the fucking way.

12 hours ago, Llogg said:

You sure talk like it's your road. I should slow down behind the guy on the right because you want to pass faster than I'm passing? 

If you the guy on the right is slower than you want to go, pass him.  Easy.

11 hours ago, Llogg said:

The law is not a suggestion.

https://www.txdot.gov/driver/safety/highway-driving.html

Keep right

• Signs that say, “Left lane for passing only” identifies a pass-only lane.
  • After you pass someone, move into the right lane once you've safely cleared the vehicle.
  • Impeding the flow of traffic in the left lane is punishable by a fine of up to $200.
11 hours ago, Llogg said:

But that is beside the point I was making. You have three people wanting to go different speeds. The argument put forth is that the person desiring to go the medium speed should slow down behind the slow person to allow the fast person by.

Not quite.  The argument is that only 1 rule (keep-right) is needed to accommodate all three people, because it is a unifying self-sorting algorithm.  If you drive at the pace you want, you are fucking it up for the guy behind you.  And possibly the guy behind him.  And you force people to start passing on the right, which fucks it up for everyone else.  

Abiding by 1 single rule will continuously maintain the lowest state of entropy.  Which is why it works so remarkably well where instituted.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Llogg said:

Is this really the hill you want to die on?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The person checking you out at the register at the store that comments on what you are buying.  The other day I bought some wrapping paper and birthday candles for a birthday and the dude says "who's birthday?  I say "my wife".  His response..."Last minute?"  I just responded "no."  WTF? Shut the fuck up and just ring my stuff up.

And no it was not last minute.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Llogg said:

You're inconsiderate and seemingly passive aggressive (pun intended)  Rather than inconvenience someone for minutes, you're unwilling to speed up for three seconds and move over.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I think I was behind LLogg yesterday.  Leaves 4 car lengths between them and the next car at the light.  Drives 1 mph under the limit.  Brakes for  stop sign 200 yards in advance.  My patience was very tried.

In use you are wondering.  Subaru, older East Coast looking lady driving.  All the typical stickers you see on a Subaru.  LLogg?

Edited by Moby Ric
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, Llogg said:

You realize in this conversation, you are the driver who is willing to be a bigger asshole than everyone else, right?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I've probably posted this before, but it happened again this AM.

People who redeem, buy, and/or play lottery tickets at gas station checkouts during commuting hours should be drug out in the street and shot.  With prejudice if they're paying via check.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I've probably posted this before, but it happened again this AM.

People who redeem, buy, and/or play lottery tickets at gas station checkouts during commuting hours should be drug out in the street and shot.  With prejudice if they're paying via check.

Thankfully, in Texas, I don’t think you can buy lottery tickets with a check.  I’ve never tried.  I believe it’s cash or debit card only.