Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

13 hours ago, deadshank said:

The sound coming the dryer that $2.71 worth of assorted coinage is reminding you to do a little better checking your pockets before doing laundry.  I'd rather listen to my old lady talk about fondue sets on sale at Williams-Sonoma. 

What's worse is when there's like 2 or 3 pants buttons in there that are making the same noise, so you empty the whole dryer out trying to find that loose change and come up empty. 

17 minutes ago, Buffsoldier said:

Continuing the laundry angle: folding and putting that last load of laundry away, and then finding that one dirty shirt/pair of underwear/socks/whatever that you missed at the beginning of the day.

trivial thing that makes you happy: 

When it's your wife's and you just fold that fucker right into her clean laundry cuz she ain't gonna know

24 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

Neighbors on both sides of me mow their lawns and leave the clippings where they land.  Strewn all over the sidewalk, driveway, street, etc.  No sweeping, no air blowing, nothing.  Just leave them there.  

As a motorcycle rider, this makes me ragey.  Not so much in neighborhoods but on country roads, grass clippings can be deadly. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, deadshank said:

The sound coming the dryer that $2.71 worth of assorted coinage is reminding you to do a little better checking your pockets before doing laundry.  I'd rather listen to my old lady talk about fondue sets on sale at Williams-Sonoma. 

Bought a new washer and dryer this weekend.  So this hits close to home.

On 5/30/2019 at 8:39 AM, Moby Ric said:

First it is much lower the 1.5" than the others, more like 4 1/4", you should go measure it to make sure. Also the camera in the ceiling seems to be focused on that particular ATM and it is off center from it.  And clearly who ever did the tile layout on the floor has no fucking clue since it is a cut piece on both sides of the walkway.  Unless the floor changes elevation where the tile ends and the floor changes. Looking at the bottom of the column that may be the case.  This pic is full of problems.

There isn’t a cut piece of tile on both sides of the walkway. What you see under the ATMs is a half piece of tile going vertically up the wall, not on the floor. 

Edited by Frank The Tank

On 5/26/2019 at 10:24 AM, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Same deal with the urinals at my office.  There are 2 that are at like 5yr old height.  We don’t have kids at the office, and I’ve never seen a dude in a wheelchair shoved up against a urinal pissing all over himself.  

Those are actually for the folks that are hung like a horse.

Lyft/Uber drivers that insist on trying to find an "alternate" route somewhere. I'm paying you to get me there as quick as possible, not to play the fucking Great Race across half of Dallas. Please just get on the highway with the flow of traffic and deal with it. 

• Like 1

Not sure if trivial, but...

When you order brisket on the outside cut or edge or "barky" and they trim some of the bark off before they start cutting.

"motherfucker.  i just asked for more of that shit and you go and trim all of the flavortown bites off.  WTF?"

i have walked out of a joint for it before.  

1 minute ago, 52-80 said:

a few days before going to masseuse:  body aches, etc, feels like shit

day of masseuse appointment:  wake up feeling perfect

day after masseuse:  feels like shit again

seriously, wtf

You can't win the Super Bowl EVERY day, Robert...

On 5/15/2019 at 8:07 AM, EMAWesome said:

Goddamn motherfuckers who spit their gum out on golf courses.  This is two years in a row I am going to spend six months trying to get a goddamn piece of gum out of the threads of my soft spikes of one of my shoes.

I’m just now catching up on this thread. Put the shoe in the freezer for a couple of hours then chisel the gum off.  

6 hours ago, 52-80 said:

a few days before going to masseuse:  body aches, etc, feels like shit

day of masseuse appointment:  wake up feeling perfect

day after masseuse:  feels like shit again

seriously, wtf

Obviously you didn't really need a massage that day. Listen to yer body man......

My manager and his myriad of dumb shit:

• After I suggest a meeting (retrospective on issue, knowledge transfer of new product focus) in the standup that I run, he takes the lead in scheduling said meeting.
  • He sits in on all technical interviews that I and others give, and doesn't offer anything valuable to the discussion at all, but says "he's the people person" which just confirms his total lack of self awareness.
  • He said, and I quote: "I would have been an engineer if I could type faster."
  • His claim of being an Engineering Manager who is totally non-technical, and proudly says so.
  • He introduces me on calls to 3rd party integrations as "My Manager of Quality Engineering", when my title is actually officially "Quality Engineering Manager", and I've told him this before, not to mention the "My" part, which really grinds my gears.

/rantover

Edited by I Plead Da Fif

23 minutes ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

He introduces me on calls to 3rd party integrations as "My Manager of Quality Engineering", when my title is actually officially "Quality Engineering Manager", and I've told him this before, not to mention the "My" part, which really grinds my gears.

I'd kick his ass for this alone.

3 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I'd kick his ass for this alone.

Believe me, I want to. He's the most useless employee within an engineering startup I've ever been at. Working on reporting to the CTO instead, because the guy is an imbecile with a napoleon complex. He's like 5'6", looks like a gopher, and is a Magic playing cross fitter. He's lost a lot of weight (good for him), but he is still insecure because a) he doesn't have the skills to do his job and b) he still is a huge loser. So he overcompensates, like most little bitches do.

On 5/24/2019 at 6:36 PM, ernest_t_bass said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. There is nothing on planet earth as annoying as a teenage (middle school age) girl.  If I hear "Yeet!" or "Rip!" or "Legit!" one more time... 

Yeet or rip?  What in the bloody hell is that about?

2 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Assholes picking all of the pecans out of the mixed nuts, leaving none for anyone else.  Fucking assholes.

That way it is easier for you to get to all the Brazil nuts they left for you.

• Like 2