Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

A bunch of dudes i was with decide on a shitty buffet for dinner last night.  Halfway done a buddy comes back from the bathroom and tells me he just witnessed a troglodyte bust out of a stall, from having dropped a deuce and smelling like it, and proceeded to leave the mens room without washing his hands.  If that wasn't disgusting enough, that same guy then proceeded to handle nearly every serving spoon at the buffet to serve himself.  What a POS.  

Why should one trust the correct pronunciation from a source that doesn't know what a gif is? It's a bitmap image format, not necessarily looped animation. That would be an animated gif.

Edited by DougO
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, markstanco said:

Stores that think there is a law that they have to bag beer and wine. They force you to get one of those wasteful plastic bags. If there was a law then they would have to bag those huge 30 pack boxes as well.

Learn the law dumbasses.

"i managed to carry this one bottle all the way across the store i think i'll manage taking it out to the parking lot"

we've all been to costco or sam's and been able to survive not getting bags there, not sure why people think the world would end if we just didn't have them. 

Everyone does shitty work and/or is incompetent.Today's example: eating lunch at a restaurant I regularly frequent but a different person is working the register. I give them my credit card, they put it in the card reader. It goes "beep" but the guy looks confused and irritated at whatever is on the LCD screen (won't show it to me).  Runs my card a second time, same result--i can't see what is on the screen but he says it was declined. (At no point did I sign anything or "approve" the purchase.)  After the second attempt with the card I say fuck it and pay in cash. I come home and see that my card was billed twice. Now I have to get the place to cancel the pending charges or dispute it with my CC company.

Edited by Paper_jam

10 hours ago, General Specific said:

Or people that brush their teeth in the public shitter!

I get it, but with three shitters and two pissers...

Don’t let the fancy marble vanity and lights fool you. This is not your home bathroom!

I'm not in a cube farm anymore, but back in the day, there was this guy across the aisle from me who brushed at his desk. I'd rather it be in the bathroom, assuming it's roomy enough.

Working from home, of course , it is no longer an issue.

My landowner/farmer at my lease has said to me a few times when I'm out there on a work day: "well if you dont get started you ain't gonna finish." Not sure why that grinds on me but it does. Also says "and so on and so forth" at the end of every 4th or 5th statement.

When I'm at the check out line buying my booze and cholesterol increasing keto groceries that number, say 25 items, and the cashier asks, "Need a bag?"

No thanks!  I'm a fucking kangaroo with a pouch under my shirt, but thanks for asking!

Yes I need a fucking bag.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mach 1 said:

When I'm at the check out line buying my booze and cholesterol increasing keto groceries that number, say 25 items, and the cashier asks, "Need a bag?"

No thanks!  I'm a fucking kangaroo with a pouch under my shirt, but thanks for asking!

Would you rather they just assume you do an overcharge you?  If you're in Austin, most people have their own bags.  But this is the correct thread for your rant.

15 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Would have never taken you for a hipster. 

Quite the opposite. One of my favorite spots is an old, throw down, surfer bar in the Outer Banks. I've been drinking Rolling Rock, eating great fresh seafood, and getting stoned in the bathroom there since HS.  Great fucking food, Grateful dead on the stereo, locals during the week most of the time, and the best local caught, tuna steak sandwich in the world for under $11.00.

That fucker rolled thru, and it suddenly got popular as shit (it already was with locals, and long time visitor summer people) but now it's full of NY, and Pennsylvania yankees all Summer long, with 1-2 hour waits to get lunch.

I'm happy for the owner, cause he's a very cool guy, but it sucks for the long time patrons who hung there without huge lines, and crowds.  Now ya gotta go there in the Winter to get the old time vibe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Fan of the show and have hit several places featured on his show, I do wonder how many places have closed due to being featured on his show.  

The Penguin in Charlottte was featured  on DD&D.  Went there a few times and had the pimento cheeseburger.  It lived up to the hype.  

Then it closed.  Don't know why as it was always at capacity.  

Rumor is that it will re-open.

4 minutes ago, lateshow said:

Why would his show lead to closure? Seems it would be good publicity. 

If you've got your program dialed in then it probably works most of the time. If you don't, and can't handle the increased customer base without major growing pains then I can see places failing because of too much exposure too fast.  Quality, and service suffer, and people don't come back.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

If you've got your program dialed in then it probably works most of the time. If you don't, and can't handle the increased customer base without major growing pains then I can see places failing because of too much exposure too fast.  Quality, and service suffer, and people don't come back.

Makes sense. 

55 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

My thought process as well and you put it much better than I would have.  Also, Yelpers.  Perhaps the places he's been to weren't all that and word spreads quickly over social media and places suffer.  Watched some older episodes recently and looked up some of the places and they were closed, no reason given. 

20 hours ago, Mach 1 said:

you got all your stuff there in a cart.  they are going to be scanned and put back in a cart.  you are going to take that cart out to your car.  you are going to deposit the groceries into the car, then drive home.  you'll park in your garage, which has an entry doorway just off your kitchen.  you will remove your groceries from your car and put them in appropriate places in your kitchen. 

exactly what part of that do you need bags for?

if you're in an apartment/condo and don't park anywhere near your unit i get it.  but the vast majority of people simply don't need bags.  the only use is keeping stuff from rolling around in the trunk, which is easily done with a small bin or box you just leave in the trunk.  sam's and costco don't hand out bags and shit tons of people shop at those stores every day. 

5 hours ago, elfenix said:

you got all your stuff there in a cart.  they are going to be scanned and put back in a cart.  you are going to take that cart out to your car.  you are going to deposit the groceries into the car, then drive home.  you'll park in your garage, which has an entry doorway just off your kitchen.  you will remove your groceries from your car and put them in appropriate places in your kitchen. 

exactly what part of that do you need bags for?

if you're in an apartment/condo and don't park anywhere near your unit i get it.  but the vast majority of people simply don't need bags.  the only use is keeping stuff from rolling around in the trunk, which is easily done with a small bin or box you just leave in the trunk.  sam's and costco don't hand out bags and shit tons of people shop at those stores every day. 

Nah, just put it in the fucking bag.

Edited by Mach 1
  • Like 3

If it's a liquor store inside a grocery store, you shouldn't be allowed to purchase 25 regular grocery items. Just pay for your booze and take the rest of that shit to the normal checkout aisle. 

Also, liquor stores in grocery stores. The grocery stores in my area have bought out almost all of the independently owned liquor stores. There used to be a liquor store a block away from me and they were the only place I knew in town where I could get Red Tail Ale. Now it's in the grocery store a mile away with shorter hours and no Red Tail Ale.