Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

People who walk with no sense of purpose. They just wander and walk slow as shit. Had a woman the other day doing this. She is glued to her phone and I come up behind her in my car. She looks behind me and sees me. She takes a wide turn and ends up walking in front of my car not even looking. Get the fuck off your phone and look where you are going.

And speaking of walking, families who walk side by side in stores taking up the whole entire aisle. Fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Pro tip: Charmin functions the same as Kleenex. 

I understand that, but I was referring more to the extreme imbalance and discomfort that can result when the sophisticated lock and dam systems on both ends are activated simultaneously. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

6 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I understand that, but I was referring more to the extreme imbalance and discomfort that can result when the sophisticated lock and dam systems on both ends are activated simultaneously. 

I agree with this.  It's very uncomfortable.  

6 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I don't think there's any element of surprise or betrayal involved, so this isn't a shart subtype. 

Still, this phenomenon could benefit from a handy name - perhaps a sheeze or a snit? 

Sheezes aren’t cool, but shomits are way worse.  

On 9/26/2020 at 8:33 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Yeah it’s a lot harder to fuck off when you can’t shut your office door

it's not that I dislike people.  There are just times when I don't need to talk about the game last night or where everyone's going for lunch.  Let me fucking work.

The other thing that drives me fucking nuts is the number of people who want to learn shit with others.  He motherfucker, this is my first time to learn these new processes.  Talk to me in a week after you've actually tried the shit too...instead of making me teach you while I'm learning it myself.  What a fucking beating.

Edited by slorch

4 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Why are pharmacists so fucking shit? The longest lines I ever sit in is usually at CVS picking up a prescription, takes them a minimum of 5 minutes per vehicle. Not like we're waiting for the goddamn deep fryer

I'm not a pharmacist, but I've worked as a pharmacy tech.  Have you ever been in a fast food drive thru?  Multiply the bullshit times 1000. People are shit. You place your order and pull up to the window. We need your insurance card.  I don't have that, you don't have that on file? No. Let me find it. I don't have it. Can you just run it through? No. Why not? There's people waiting behind me. Hurry up and give me my pills!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I'm not a pharmacist, but I've worked as a pharmacy tech.  Have you ever been in a fast food drive thru?  Multiply the bullshit times 1000. People are shit. You place your order and pull up to the window. We need your insurance card.  I don't have that, you don't have that on file? No. Let me find it. I don't have it. Can you just run it through? No. Why not? There's people waiting behind me. Hurry up and give me my pills!

Well you really should have their insurance card on file

On 9/28/2020 at 8:39 AM, Cheeseweasel said:

Yes. Sansabelt slacks need to make a comeback!

The father of a friend of mine alwalys wore Sansabelts.  My friend asked  his dad "hey, pops, why do you wear those ridiculous things? They're horrible!"

Friend's dad responded, while hitching up his Sansabelts over his big boiler gut, "Billy Boy, they don't roll over!!"

There you have it.  

The science is settled.

• Hook 'Em 1

LOlz at wanting to speed up the drive through at CVS/WG/whatever, as if it's Burger King.

" hey Honey, it looks like you got Oxycontin instead of your birth control pills..."

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, slorch said:

LOlz at wanting to speed up the drive through at CVS/WG/whatever, as if it's Burger King.

" hey Honey, it looks like you got Oxycontin instead of your birth control pills..."

Sounds like some good mother and daughter bonding. Make a couple gimlets, watch some Jersey Shore reruns, ask her if she ever slept with a black guy back before her and dad started dating.

17 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Why are pharmacists so fucking shit? The longest lines I ever sit in is usually at CVS picking up a prescription, takes them a minimum of 5 minutes per vehicle. Not like we're waiting for the goddamn deep fryer

Well, I am a pharmacist.  Trust me, there’s a lot more to it than just counting your fucking pills.  Get out of your car, come inside, and act like you’re a human being instead of a driving asshole.  And avoid CVS, WG, and WM; your life will be so much better............

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Horn Draoi said:

Well, I am a pharmacist.  Trust me, there’s a lot more to it than just counting your fucking pills.  Get out of your car, come inside, and act like you’re a human being instead of a driving asshole.  And avoid CVS, WG, and WM; your life will be so much better............

How long are your receipts?

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Who said I was mad ?  Our local Kroger pharmacy has our cards on file. When the wife has changed jobs we've given them a new card...  Seems to work that way with them.

It would be great if more patients were like you.  A sizable portion of the general public does not give the pharmacy their new card and expects them to know their new plan through psychic abilities.  Also, they think that if CVS has their info, that means Walgreens, H‑E‑B, etc all have it too.  People are shit.  
And people being shit is only 10% of why WG and CVS take so long.  The 90% is that they are understaffed like a motherfucker.  The way they operate should be illegal because makes errors that harm patients a 100% certainty.  I used to work at one of the big two and this is not hyperbole.

• Like 1

The quality of our pharmacy decreased dramatically when it changed from Target to CVS...
  • Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 11:38 AM, Horn Draoi said:

Yep.  Go to a local, independently owned pharmacist and you won’t have these troubles.   I have for years.  Hell, they even deliver if need be.  

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

What is the difference between a regular pharmacist and a compounding pharmacist?  

A compounding pharmacist actually does things like makes specials dosages, eliminate additives, combine drugs, or add special flavors.  My ex had some kind of weird foot condition and had to go to one that could make her prescription that she couldn't get at a regular pharmacy

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

A compounding pharmacist actually does things like makes specials dosages, eliminate additives, combine drugs, or add special flavors.  My ex had some kind of weird foot condition and had to go to one that could make her prescription that she couldn't get at a regular pharmacy

That’s a good answer; also, many compounder make unique or individualized dosage forms from commercial doses or raw chemicals.  The last 20 years of my practice was compounding for companion animals and horses, about 80%, the rest mostly pain management and hormone replacement.