Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

When you exit I-10 into downtown Houston you go around a curve and end up on Smith street. There’s a big homeless camp right there and they are always walking down the exit or crossing it. I’ve almost nailed several homeless dudes coming around that corner.

Dirty Mike and the boys?

• Hook 'Em 1

Kinda surly but more funny:

Go to Walgreen’s to get my flu shot.  Get in, do paperwork, stumble into medical room, display my massive and finely-toned upper arm, nurse wipes my bronzen, leathery skin down with alcohol to prep for flu shot....

and then misses the target by 4 inches...

and then applies the band aid 3 inches away from the previously missed spot.  

😂

There are a couple of morons on the local ESPN Radio affiliate who insist on referring to Rutgers as "Rutger." I don't know why that is. Is it supposed to be an expression of disrespect or are you just an idiot? Doesn't really matter, I suppose. You're probably an idiot either way. I change the channel whenever I hear it. (And I find that I'm listening a lot less these days because there are so many other stupid things being said.)

On 11/3/2020 at 2:46 AM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

No.. normal, delicate, heavy duty, timed dry and something else. If I mix jeans and a hoody or 2, the hoody and jeans will come out damp. The sensor thing is stupid

Perfect segue into the most perfect complaint of all....fucking drying machines with different modes represented by indecipherable symbols.

I don't need - nor understand - none of this hieroglyphics shit. 

Just give me a fucking dial for temperature, and another dial for time.  Thanks.

Washing machines i can excuse because there are different permutations from multiple stages and multiple cycles...drying machine...no excuse.

400+ person zoom meeting (actually way more I never looked after I saw 400). One presenter/speaker. Everyone else’s camera should be off. I don’t want to watch Bill in OKC drink his fucking coffee.

Side note after a few minutes of seeing coffee man I started clicking around and was able to minimize and move that. I was still surly.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/5/2020 at 6:22 AM, Deamerxt said:

The way a dropped screw or nut or tool, which, under any other circumstances, would roll in a circle, will roll six feet or more in a straight goddamn line to the most inaccessible corner of the shop.

Yes, on a related note, sometimes gravity makes me surly. Like the situation you describe, or when you’re in the middle of a project, and wherever you place the widget you’re replacing, it falls. 

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

The older I get, the more easily triggered I get by certain words. Kiddo(s), hubby (hubs), doggo are the worst offenders. Yummy is another one. 

Yeah, I have "doggo" "chonky" and "heckin" muted on Twitter. The entire moronic subculture/persona that the We Rate Dogs account has given birth to should be launched into the Sun. 

The fact that the Chicago-based, fat, milqeutoast ass owners of Whataburger are having actors pronounce it "wut-a-burger" in ads now instead of "hwhat-a-burger" - the way that it has always been pronounced and should be pronounced. 

Fuck you, fuck the Blackhawks, I hope the Cubs go 200 years before winning another WS. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

The fact that the Chicago-based, fat, milqeutoast ass owners of Whataburger are having actors pronounce it "wut-a-burger" in ads now instead of "hwhat-a-burger" - the way that it has always been pronounced and should be pronounced. 

Fuck you, fuck the Blackhawks, I hope the Cubs go 200 years before winning another WS. 

I thunk it wuz Whart-er- burger. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I deleted my Twitter and Facebook apps on my phone about a month ago and couldn’t be happier about it. I still have a profile, just deleted the apps making it a minor pain to access either. I found myself getting too angry about things that simply didn’t deserve that real estate in my brain. I vastly overrated how much I would miss the constant streams of information. 

• Hook 'Em 2

the irritatingly selfish and low effort request of "convince me..." when the person is asking for help.

like someone hypothetically jumps onto surly's food forum and says "convince me to get a pellet smoker". 

why the fuck would anyone waste effort convincing you of anything? whats the incentive?  fuck right off

• Like 1

This is trivial thing that annoys me, when I hear people draw up the comparisons to going to UT cheaply then in contrast to now.

No offense to all the "Back then the University cost 3 farthings and a six pence or half a dozen bales of hay depending on the harvest", but we aren't talking about apples and oranges. Heck even when I went to UT-- at a much, much higher rate of tuition then I hear some wizened folks talk about it-- she was just starting to hint at what would become her stride years later as an academically and as a national, nay, global reputation.

UT these days is a premium priced school for premium students of great ability. Just read the thread talking about our sons and daughters and their immaculate pedigrees and applications and the struggle to get in and get situated. 80% of us couldn't sniff a wait-list these days and would have been relegated to the Rawlings School of Business or whatever TTU calls it's little program, so let's not sit here and act like we are owed a cheap education from a premiere institution as a birth right. If you want working-class, work a full time job and still get a degree, go to Colin County College or Stephen F. Austin or something like that which, in 2020, is about what a1970's UT degree is worth these days.

tl;dr and cliff notes: Pay the cost to be the boss.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Yea but they got the Buffalo chicken sandwich correct.

At HEB - Bunker Hill and this dipshit stops to fill his minivan with gasoline.  He’s nowhere to be seen.  

Finally he comes strolling up from the store, which is +/- 175 yards away, carrying 2 sacks of groceries, pops his hood, does a little preventative maintenance and then sits down behind the wheel, pops a nail between his lips and fires it up.  

A few trucks pulling trailers pile in to fill with diesel and they’re waiting for me and dipshit to clear out   I’m ready to go and ask dipshit if he’s done and gonna move on because people are waiting on the diesel pump that he’s beached up in front of in his gasser minivan. 

He replies, “nah, I’m waiting on someone.”

Wow. 

AC924C43-A1D3-4061-AEE1-0E4BA23C1E1C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, deadshank said:

At HEB - Bunker Hill and this dipshit stops to fill his minivan with gasoline.  He’s nowhere to be seen.  

Finally he comes strolling up from the store, which is +/- 175 yards away, carrying 2 sacks of groceries, pops his hood, does a little preventative maintenance and then sits down behind the wheel, pops a nail between his lips and fires it up.  

A few trucks pulling trailers pile in to fill with diesel and they’re waiting for me and dipshit to clear out   I’m ready to go and ask dipshit if he’s done and gonna move on because people are waiting on the diesel pump that he’s beached up in front of in his gasser minivan. 

He replies, “nah, I’m waiting on someone.”

Wow. 

AC924C43-A1D3-4061-AEE1-0E4BA23C1E1C.jpeg

That is why bumper mounted,  .50 cals should be standard vehicle equipment.