Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

1 minute ago, Lat22 said:

These long drawn out “heartfelt” prayerful missives written by players (yeah right) that they have chosen to “opt out” aka quit or are “entering the transfer portal”. You are not a “ Wolfpack for life” if you’re leaving the Wolfpack to play for someone else.

The scourge of mid major athletics... the transfer portal.

4 hours ago, deadshank said:

One of the many infuriating trivialities and indignities of COVID - 19 is having to put up with this crap when you get your greasy cheeseburger and fries fix on. 

I want regular salt & pepper shakers and a squeeze bottle of ketchup.  

E3E03A3E-F4E0-4D35-B929-0F02C326EFFA.jpeg

You're not getting your order to go?

On 10/5/2020 at 6:11 PM, cmontexas said:

Why are pharmacists so fucking shit? The longest lines I ever sit in is usually at CVS picking up a prescription, takes them a minimum of 5 minutes per vehicle. Not like we're waiting for the goddamn deep fryer

Holy shit how did I miss this? Here's the problem with chain pharmacy. Not only do you have to put up with the daily grind of being a pharmacist (elderly people calling you to give refills instead of using modern technology, folks calling up to ask you questions about everything, insurance rejections and correcting them via trial & error, physicians sending over wrong orders, patients calling every 5 minutes about their wrong orders, accessing the PMP after every controlled substance order, checking in control orders, etc) but you have to put up with corporate metrics. You are timed on EVERYTHING. Timed on how quick you answer the phone, how long you stay on the phone when someone calls the dr line, how long it takes you to verify a prescription, how long it takes to type in a prescription, and all sorts of stuff. Don't even get me started on the customer service surveys. I'll let you in on a little secret. You know those surveys where they ask you to rank the pharmacy and staff on a scale of 1-5? Never give anything other than a 1 or a 5. I used to tell customers all the time "give us either 5 or 1, if you think we're a 4 star pharmacy then give us 1 star". They tip the scales so that anything other than a 5 fucks you. I can explain away a 1 star score but not a 4 star.

Best thing you can do is use an independent pharmacy while they're still around and able to give great service. The pharmacy benefit managers are absolutely raping pharmacies. It's very common to see prescriptions that net the pharmacy a loss because the PBM underpays the pharmacy. You can't hold them accountable for that nonsense either because ERISA exempts them from state regulation. It's disgusting what is happening in health care.

GoodRx is a crock of shit too.

So I'm driving home from work this morning and 114 is it's usual hell. There's an asshole in a pos Toyota stationwagon riding the left lane, but he's slower than me and an Infinity I'm following. We're both in the right land and start to pass, As soon as he sees somebody passing him, the fuckhead speeds up and stays door to door with the Infinity. There's a slower car coming up so I move left and make a gap for the Infinity to merge. As soon as there's enough space I flash my lights for the Infinity, the cocksucker in the Toyota brake checks me hard. WTACTUALFUCK!? Fortunately that created a gap for the Infinity and he got past. I swerved right, outpowered the POS and finally got around him. smdh

19 hours ago, deadshank said:

One of the many infuriating trivialities and indignities of COVID - 19 is having to put up with this crap when you get your greasy cheeseburger and fries fix on.  

Yeah, I think I’ve had my fill of Tabasco in a ramekin. 

• Haha 1

Okay, back to trivial shit.  My daughter got up early to make pumpkin pies with mommy.  My whole downstairs smells delicious.  But it makes me surly that I fucking hate the way pumpkin pie tastes.  Smells great, tastes like feet.  But I'm so proud of her, I'm gonna eat three pieces tomorrow.  And choke it down with lots of wine.

Cover it in homemade bourbon maple whipped cream.

21 hours ago, deadshank said:

^^^^  WTF is this shit.       This \/\/\/\/ or GTFO

vaheexl535m11.thumb.jpg.371fc8eb2cdc57df4ddd9b18ffe081fe.jpg

Godfuckingdammit.....our microwave (not that old, maybe 5-6 years) just flat-out died.  Granted, it's been getting a workout in the Rona times -- we are all at home, we've heated up frozen dinners and leftovers a lot.

Fortunately, we have a shitty backup microwave downstairs, so it's now being pressed into first string duty.  And we've been talking about a kitchen remodel, so I'm not inclined to buy a new one until we decide what we're going to do there.  So, we'll have a half-assed kitchen setup with a shitty, old, smaller microwave for a while.  So be it.  But...annoying.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Godfuckingdammit.....our microwave (not that old, maybe 5-6 years) just flat-out died.  Granted, it's been getting a workout in the Rona times -- we are all at home, we've heated up frozen dinners and leftovers a lot.

Fortunately, we have a shitty backup microwave downstairs, so it's now being pressed into first string duty.  And we've been talking about a kitchen remodel, so I'm not inclined to buy a new one until we decide what we're going to do there.  So, we'll have a half-assed kitchen setup with a shitty, old, smaller microwave for a while.  So be it.  But...annoying.

Suck it up buttercup and deal with the Tom Herman of microwaves.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

We've seen what you heat up. It offed itself rather than take anymore

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, RPM said:

So I'm driving home from work this morning and 114 is it's usual hell. There's an asshole in a pos Toyota stationwagon riding the left lane, but he's slower than me and an Infinity I'm following. We're both in the right land and start to pass, As soon as he sees somebody passing him, the fuckhead speeds up and stays door to door with the Infinity. There's a slower car coming up so I move left and make a gap for the Infinity to merge. As soon as there's enough space I flash my lights for the Infinity, the cocksucker in the Toyota brake checks me hard. WTACTUALFUCK!? Fortunately that created a gap for the Infinity and he got past. I swerved right, outpowered the POS and finally got around him. smdh

Not trivial 

that MF’er should DIAF

• Like 1

Good call. Inconvenience and annoy the whole family for a year to save $150.

7 minutes ago, luke duke said:

Good call. Inconvenience and annoy the whole family for a year to save $150.

The backup will slide right into the hole where the current one is.  I just used it to heat up some chicken fajitas, it's fine.  And lord willing, the kitchen remodel will start soon and won't take a year. 

But, you know...2020.  So, fuck it.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

The backup will slide right into the hole where the current one is.  I just used it to heat up some chicken fajitas, it's fine.  And lord willing, the kitchen remodel will start soon and won't take a year. 

Nah.. it won't take a year at all.................... kitchen remods are 2 year jobs....

On 12/2/2020 at 1:27 PM, Brisketexan said:

My brother bought a new Amana Radar Range in 1971. It still works fine.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 6:40 AM, nnm said:

Nah, at HEB, they use clean grease. No Allsups anywhere has changed the grease since at least the Reagan administration. Gives the burritos and the entire store a particular taste and smell. 

Nor has an Allsups remodeled since the Reagan administration.  They keep their capex expenditures low.

I go to Santa Fe twice a year and there is one in town I always make a stop at.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 10:36 AM, 52-80 said:

Pedestrians walking where they shouldn't, and making zero attempts to be visible.

Couple times drove down dark, underlit road, and some jaywalking fuckhead is wearing basically all black clothing head to toe, and taking his sweet ass fucking time crossing the street.

Truly deserves to get run over.  Not by me - i don't want to go to jail - but by someone in a big ass truck.

Almost nailed some homeless guy pushing a shopping cart on Timmons next to the Briar Club last night.  Was pulling out of that Whataburger after buying dinner for my son who had just finished a soccer game.  He was going right in the middle of the street and it was dark and hard to see.

On 12/2/2020 at 6:29 AM, slorch said:

I figured lines for CVS were longer just because of reloading the receipt paper...

I have been going to CVS for 15 years.  Every time I go and punch in my number, does not matter the store -- could be Houston, could be out of state -- it tells me I do not have an account and need to register.  I have registered no less than 200 times.

• Haha 1

On 12/2/2020 at 7:25 PM, Brisketexan said:

The backup will slide right into the hole where the current one is.  I just used it to heat up some chicken fajitas, it's fine.  And lord willing, the kitchen remodel will start soon and won't take a year

You poor bastard.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/27/2020 at 1:16 AM, Fudbelty said:

I know you didn’t say the yard crew is Hispanic so No racist, but our corner store is always busy in the mornings with Hispanics. My wife went this morning for drinks and asked why they were there again this morning. I said they were probably still working. Pretty shitty they can’t get one day.

the Mexicans I used to work with (real ones from Mexico not the Made in USA ones) you could not give them a fucking day off.....all they wanted to do was work....well work and drink beer, but that was also when they could still go back home to Mexico and not get killed and get back into the USA pretty easy (and without having to carry 50# of weed or 10 kilos of coke for "the right" to do so)....ok well they also wanted to listen to Mexico games in World Cup Soccer and Mexican music and put chili powder on anything and everything until it was dripping orange

that was also when they sent money home with the hopes of retiring there one day to retire too

3 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

the Mexicans I used to work with (real ones from Mexico not the Made in USA ones) you could not give them a fucking day off.....all they wanted to do was work....well work and drink beer, but that was also when they could still go back home to Mexico and not get killed and get back into the USA pretty easy (and without having to carry 50# of weed or 10 kilos of coke for "the right" to do so)....ok well they also wanted to listen to Mexico games in World Cup Soccer and Mexican music and put chili powder on anything and everything until it was dripping orange

that was also when they sent money home with the hopes of retiring there one day to retire too

Was his name Mariano?

• Like 2

Just now, elfenix said:

hqdefault.jpg

lunch was very often ground beef loaded with chili powder in a corn tortilla

the grease from the beef would drip orange because of how much chili powder they loaded in the beef when they cooked it

they also loved these chili powder coated watermelon lollipops 

spacer.png

On 12/1/2020 at 8:45 PM, HRSchenker said:

I used to tell customers all the time "give us either 5 or 1, if you think we're a 4 star pharmacy then give us 1 star". They tip the scales so that anything other than a 5 fucks you. I can explain away a 1 star score but not a 4 star.

Tangential but fits the thread. I've been driving Lyft and Uber a lot lately because I don't feel like getting a "real" job right now/yet/maybe ever. 

I have done hundreds of rides and received almost as many ratings. I have received nothing other than 5 stars for every single rating except for one. One fucking person on Uber gave me a 1 star rating. I don't know why or who it was. 

I don't REALLY care because (to the thread title) it is extremely trivial - but man I'd be lying if I said it didn't annoy me. It would probably annoy me less if I had a mix of ratings but I sit there and check my shit occasionally and it's still just that one God damn rating getting in the way of perfection.

• Hook 'Em 1