Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

On 2/4/2021 at 11:53 AM, SquishMitten said:

I don't know what it is, but so many commercials lately referring to the Super Bowl as "the big game" are driving me fucking crazy. Some ads will say it 3-4 times, and they always have some smarmy way of saying it, lowering their voice a little and drawing out the words. So trivial. So surly.

or the gambling shows where they have to say the city name rather than the team's name

7 hours ago, deadshank said:

I make sure they see me bump their cart out of the way.  Bring it, you inconsiderate Ahole. 

It's reached a new level at Walmart now that they do curbside. 20 "dedicated" Wallyworld workers pushing huge rolling racks with bins scattered down the aisle. Obstacle course at boot camp was easier.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, elfenix said:

or the gambling shows where they have to say the city name rather than the team's name

The original BIll Walsh College Football did that.   Washington State was "Pullman."  aggy was "College Station."

25 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Flat head screws

Followed closely by grabbing a screwdriver from the workbench to perform a task, walking to the task on the other side of the house, and realizing you’ve brought a flathead scewdriver to a Phillips task. Or hexbolt. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, nnm said:

Followed closely by grabbing a screwdriver from the workbench to perform a task, walking to the task on the other side of the house, and realizing you’ve brought a flathead scewdriver to a Phillips task. Or hexbolt. 

Why aren't hex or at least phillips not the standard

• Like 1

Got two pandemic related things making me surly today:

We have to segregate our recyclables in this city, and every damn time I go down to our building's paper bin it is full to overflowing.  I know why, too--- its full of paper bags from the grocery delivery service we all use due to social distancing and reduced hours, and its also full of online shopping boxes that assholes don't break down before putting in there.  My options here are to let shit pile up in my place and then time my trips to right after pickup, get critical mass to pay for an extra bin and pick-up, or stalk the mofos who don't break down their cardboard boxes.  I won't be doing any of those things, I will continue to get surly while I try to mash the stack down enough to get my shit in there. 

Second surly is that although we held pretty firm on electronic devices for kids (under ten), that shit went out the window now that the older one is in distance learning until TBD and we need our own devices for our own home office.  And we are also pretty firm on on the screen-time and app/site access we have on the kids' iPad (YouTube in particular is full of toxic shit that targets kids), the damn teachers keep sending educational links on regular YouTube instead of YouTube Kids as part of home school (and for homework, which for some reason we still have even though its ALL homework now).  So its nonstop monitoring wtf gets played and turning the permissions on and off depending on assignments, on top of trying to figure out the four other platforms they use for e-learning and school work. 

So... the last apartment I was at billed me like $180 for "damages" that I didn't feel like disputing, and/or probably fairly incurred. They gave me a 6 month window to pay it, and I just kept putting it off/forgetting about it until they made an issue of it. I was getting ready to send them a check to avoid having it sent to collections, when I had to covid quarantine for a couple of weeks. Since I do gig-work right now my finances got tight pretty quickly and I held off on mailing them their money. The lady I'd been corresponding with then wrote me back and told me if it wasn't already in the mail they'd need to send it to collections "today". Fine, whatever. I obviously held off for too long on paying them so I get it. No big deal. 

Well, then I write her back a few days later to figure out where they sent it so I can pay them ASAP, and she tells me "oh well I haven't sent it just yet but here's their contact info"

So basically if I had just mailed you a check on the day that you were supposedly sending it to collections you would have your money by now and it would be resolved. 

Also - it's 2021. You can't, I don't know, take a fucking card number or let me wire it to you or something? I write maybe one check a year. 

On 2/4/2021 at 12:47 PM, Steamboat1874 said:

People who park their basket on one side of the grocery aisle and stand on the other side looking for stuff which means they are blocking the entie God damned thing.

Shop behind your basket dumb fucks !

Speaking of... I pass a Dollar General store on my way to work every morning.  Without fail, I always see multiple shopping carts left blocks away.  Lazy fucks use the carts to get their stuff home then, just dispose of the carts for someone else to deal with.

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

So... the last apartment I was at billed me like $180 for "damages" that I didn't feel like disputing, and/or probably fairly incurred. They gave me a 6 month window to pay it, and I just kept putting it off/forgetting about it until they made an issue of it. I was getting ready to send them a check to avoid having it sent to collections, when I had to covid quarantine for a couple of weeks. Since I do gig-work right now my finances got tight pretty quickly and I held off on mailing them their money. The lady I'd been corresponding with then wrote me back and told me if it wasn't already in the mail they'd need to send it to collections "today". Fine, whatever. I obviously held off for too long on paying them so I get it. No big deal. 

Well, then I write her back a few days later to figure out where they sent it so I can pay them ASAP, and she tells me "oh well I haven't sent it just yet but here's their contact info"

So basically if I had just mailed you a check on the day that you were supposedly sending it to collections you would have your money by now and it would be resolved. 

Also - it's 2021. You can't, I don't know, take a fucking card number or let me wire it to you or something? I write maybe one check a year. 

If you can't think of any actual damages, I would have argued it.  I guess it's too late now.

I expect apartments to screw me out of a deposit.  It's what they do.  I eventually quit cleaning apartments when leaving because I knew they were going to take my deposit for cleaning and other petty things they nickel and dime you for anyway.  I learned that after the first couple of places I lived that I left spotless. 

But you have the audacity to bill me even more money?  Screw that.  

7 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Speaking of... I pass a Dollar General store on my way to work every morning.  Without fail, I always see multiple shopping carts left blocks away.  Lazy fucks use the carts to get their stuff home then, just dispose of the carts for someone else to deal with.

People that don't put their carts away deserve the lowest level of hell. It isn't hard. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Houston drivers make me surly.  They are by far the most incompetent drivers in the entire world, and I've driven in some shithole places.  This morning was the third time in five years that I've been rear ended (go ahead and make the jokes) on I10.  Is it really that hard to leave space between you and the car in front of you and to slow the fuck down when you see brake lights.  One of these days I'm going to go Falling Down on some fuckers in this city.  Fuck all you incompetent texting, eating, and generally shitty ass drivers who need to be relegated to a Metro bus full of covid infected low lifes.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Houston drivers make me surly.  They are by far the most incompetent drivers in the entire world, and I've driven in some shithole places.  This morning was the third time in five years that I've been rear ended (go ahead and make the jokes) on I10.  Is it really that hard to leave space between you and the car in front of you and to slow the fuck down when you see brake lights.  One of these days I'm going to go Falling Down on some fuckers in this city.  Fuck all you incompetent texting, eating, and generally shitty ass drivers who need to be relegated to a Metro bus full of covid infected low lifes.

not trivial.

Texas drivers in general suck. I travel each day about 60 miles RT on highway 59. I wont go 2-3 days with some tard that camps in the left lane getting passed numerous times. You would think a light bulb would go off, but no. Totally clueless, even with the giant sign every 5 miles saying LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING ONLY.

Also is true on i20, i30, and 35.

19 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Quit driving so slow and get out of my way bro!!!  My life and texts are way more important than your shitty life, duh.  Go back to whatever burb or small town (including Dallas) your from.

Flat head screws

So much this.

They’re usually in some of your home’s older electrical work - outlets, panels behind a wall, etc. I hate them all.

Being constipated.

Dude....user name does NOT check out. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Also....can you not afford a cup of coffee and a banana? That combo is money for such purposes.
  • Haha 1

The equivalent of taking 92 items to the express lane at the grocery store- douchebag at sonic drive through takes like 8 minutes to order and then it takes like 10 more minutes to fill his order.  Pull into one of the stalls for the bullshit, you sorry piece of shit. 

3 hours ago, markstanco said:

Texas drivers in general suck. I travel each day about 60 miles RT on highway 59. I wont go 2-3 days with some tard that camps in the left lane getting passed numerous times. You would think a light bulb would go off, but no. Totally clueless, even with the giant sign every 5 miles saying LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING ONLY.

Also is true on i20, i30, and 35.

The son was at Lackland, and said he'd never seen worse driving in his life. Tailgating,  15-25 over MPH speeding regularly, and sudden lane changes, terrible no on ramp lanes made for even worse habits, and road rage incidents.