Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The spork. It serves no purpose. It only comes in plastic and never comes with a plastic knife. No one ever said, “What I really need here is a spork!”

Just give me a plastic spoon if you’re only going to give me one plastic utensil to use to eat your side dish. 

I actually have sporks in my silverware that are metal. They are awesome. Got them at Macy's years ago and can never find them again.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

On 6/4/2021 at 12:50 PM, deadshank said:

Some of my employees.

me:  I have asked you a “yes / no”question.  The only answer you can reply with is “yes” or “no.”   So which is it?

employee:  Uhhh....blue!!

Rage, rage, rage. I asked you if something is finished. Not how much of it you did and all the reasons it’s not your fault it’s not done. 

10 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The spork. It serves no purpose. It only comes in plastic and never comes with a plastic knife. No one ever said, “What I really need here is a spork!”

Just give me a plastic spoon if you’re only going to give me one plastic utensil to use to eat your side dish. 

Can you effectively eat Skyline chili with just a spoon?   Will a spork enhance the dining experience?

19 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Can you effectively eat Skyline chili with just a spoon?   Will a spork enhance the dining experience?

No sporks at Skyline. You use a fork. And you don’t twist it like spaghetti. You cut it with the edge of your fork like you would with a slice of pie. The cheese holds everything together. What’s weird is that the first time I had it I thought the sauce was way too watery but by the time I was done the plate was dry. That also helps when you’re eating coneys because it softens up the bun. What’s frustrating is that you can buy the sauce in a can but you can’t get the little hot dogs and buns. Somehow a regular hot dog and bun doesn’t quite work the same. And one can of sauce is too much for a single serving over pasta with onions and cheese. I’ve tried. Believe me, I’ve tried. 

A couple other Skyline thoughts. There’s a difference between eating it In the restaurant and getting takeout. Getting coneys takeout has the advantage of giving the cheese time to melt by the time you get home. But if you order it with pasta, a “way,” in the store it comes with the cheese on top. If you get it to go then they give you the diced onions in a solo cup and the shredded cheese in a separate baggie. So you can add your hot sauce before you add your cheese. If you’re eating it in the store then you’re putting your hot sauce on top of the cheese. I’m fine with doing that on a coney when the cheese is already mostly melted but I think it works better on a 4-way or 5-way (yes, I have no problem getting it with beans) if I can add the hot sauce before adding the cheese. And I’ll take some flawed oyster crackers that have cracks or broken surfaces and stick them down around the edges of the bowl so they can soak up some of the juice and get soft. Mmmmmm...so good. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Haha 1

Getting on plane back to Houston. As sky waitress is explaining that there's no more overhead space in the back so don't put small shit the overheads, the dumb fuck in front of me puts his kids' 3 backpacks in the overhead, then the asshole behind me shoves 2 boxes of medjool dates in the bins because you can't get medjool dates in Houston all of a sudden.

It should be socially acceptable to throw those people's shit on the floor.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

Getting on plane back to Houston. As sky waitress is explaining that there's no more overhead space in the back so don't put small shit the overheads, the dumb fuck in front of me puts his kids' 3 backpacks in the overhead, then the asshole behind me shoves 2 boxes of medjool dates in the bins because you can't get medjool dates in Houston all of a sudden.

Flying back from SF, some guy put his jacket and hat up in the overhead bin. I loudly ask to no one in particular “WHO PUT THEIR JACKET AND HAT UP HERE?”, before unceremoniously shoving it into the back corner and crushing it with my suitcase. Turns out it was the guy in my row across the aisle from me. He glared at me, I glared back. Because fuck him that’s why. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Flying back from SF, some guy put his jacket and hat up in the overhead bin. I loudly ask to no one in particular “WHO PUT THEIR JACKET AND HAT UP HERE?”, before unceremoniously shoving it into the back corner and crushing it with my suitcase. Turns out it was the guy in my row across the aisle from me. He glared at me, I glared back. Because fuck him that’s why. 

Like a fucking boss bro

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

In what decade are you flying that gentlemen are placing their hats in the overhead bin?  The only hats guys wear these days are ball caps, ski caps, and cowboy hats. A cowboy wouldn’t trust his Stetson to an airplane overhead bin, guys don’t take their ball caps off on a plane, and who cares about crushing a ski cap?

So you must have had some Don Draper wannabe I guess? Or a hipster with a fedora?  Crush away. 

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

If you're going to put your jacket up there, be prepared for my nasty suitcase, mud side down

21 minutes ago, nnm said:

In what decade are you flying that gentlemen are placing their hats in the overhead bin?  The only hats guys wear these days are ball caps, ski caps, and cowboy hats. A cowboy wouldn’t trust his Stetson to an airplane overhead bin, guys don’t take their ball caps off on a plane, and who cares about crushing a ski cap?

So you must have had some Don Draper wannabe I guess? Or a hipster with a fedora?  Crush away. 

It was an older gentleman in his 50s with a fedora. Come to think of it, he could possibly pass for Sean Connery in Indiana Jones, just a lot uglier. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Superhero said:

Thanksgiving will be interesting.  Dad won't forget.

• Haha 1

Watching the NCAA baseball tournament, a couple of things come to mind.

• People booing on throws to first base.  ESPECIALLY, on the FIRST throw to first base... With a runner on...
  • People losing their shit on a routine fly ball.  Watch the fielders, people.  I can understand a pressure situation and getting excited when contact is made but dang.
Edited by BonzoMontreaux

1 hour ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

Watching the NCAA baseball tournament, a couple of things come to mind.

• People booing on throws to first base.  ESPECIALLY, on the FIRST throw to first base... With a runner on...

It’s happened in most all MLB games, too, for as long as I can remember. My personal favorite is the home crowd boos out of their minds when the pitcher throws over to first for the 5th time, only to erupt into applause when the runner steals 2nd on the next pitch. 

Just now, Vic Mackey said:
On 6/8/2021 at 7:57 AM, Hmbre97 said:
People who call their wife "bride".

"My bride wanted xxxxx" or "Took my bride to the movies", etc...

Just typing those makes my blood boil a little.

Wifey is also terrible.

wifey's world disagrees

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

building has decided that the garage doors need to be down at all time* so now want us to install an app to get access to the back (much more convenient) garage door.  how much data is this thing stealing from me and selling to third parties?

*it's just a small arm that would prevent a vehicle from coming in, so it's not going to solve the car thefts that happened last month.  pretty useless. 

On 6/4/2021 at 5:50 AM, deadshank said:

Some of my employees.

me:  I have asked you a “yes / no”question.  The only answer you can reply with is “yes” or “no.”   So which is it?

employee:  Uhhh....blue!!

Good to know it's like this outside of health care. One of the worst things you could ever tell a patient asking a yes/no question is either "yes" or "no". Not only does it confuse them but it also makes them irrationally angry 

17 hours ago, elfenix said:

building has decided that the garage doors need to be down at all time* so now want us to install an app to get access to the back (much more convenient) garage door.  how much data is this thing stealing from me and selling to third parties?

*it's just a small arm that would prevent a vehicle from coming in, so it's not going to solve the car thefts that happened last month.  pretty useless. 

Dear property owner: Please log on to our portal and complete the questionnaire with your personal information. After creating a unique user name and password, please upload scanned copies of your valid TX drivers license,  five most recent W-2s, car insurance documents, US passport, background check, emergency contact with home phone number, cell phone number and fax number, list of your 8 closest relatives and their home phone number, cell phone number and fax number.....

• Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Standard boxes are cheap. Having custom sizes for boxes is expensive.

That's just what your mother said last night.  By the way, keep the change. 

On 6/7/2021 at 1:18 PM, elfenix said:

I was on a flight a couple years ago when a guy put his big parka in the overhead like that and another guy did pull it out and throw it on the floor, with no fucks given.  I laughed.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Standard boxes are cheap. Having custom sizes for boxes is expensive.

3 hours ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

Around here we get 4-5 boxes shipped in per day and we may ship 2-3 per day. We don't have the time or the want-to for hunting down the perfect box. You get what you get from the few choices laying about.

From a business like Spalding?  Nah.  Ship it in a correct sized box.  I can see smaller companies following what you fellas are saying.  The bubbled envelopes can't be that expensive compared to boxes.  

10 minutes ago, Underdog said:

From a business like Spalding?  Nah.  Ship it in a correct sized box.

Even more impactful for a larger company. Look to see what Amazon does. You don't get a "correct" size box from Amazon. Ever.

You don't want a guy who is packaging running around your warehouse looking for "the right" box. 

I have a floor lamp with 3 smart lightbulbs.

Every day around noon, without fail, one of the bulbs turns on for no reason.  And it's always a different bulb.  There are no timers set for any of the lights. 

26 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Every day around noon, without fail, one of the bulbs turns on for no reason.  And it's always a different bulb.  There are no timers set for any of the lights. 

Sometimes the best answer is the simplest.  Your house is haunted 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Jesus Christ............ meth is so 2020...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Even more impactful for a larger company. Look to see what Amazon does. You don't get a "correct" size box from Amazon. Ever.

You don't want a guy who is packaging running around your warehouse looking for "the right" box. 

i'm about 99.99% certain that amazon has a computer that knows what boxes are in the warehouse and what the dimensions of the shipped item are and specifies exactly which box it should be shipped in.  same as sticking items in seemingly random cubbies in each warehouse.  amazon isn't letting bob eyeball which box the item should go into. 

Edited by elfenix

52 minutes ago, elfenix said:

i'm about 99.99% certain that amazon has a computer that knows what boxes are in the warehouse and what the dimensions of the shipped item are and specifies exactly which box it should be shipped in.  same as sticking items in seemingly random cubbies in each warehouse.  amazon isn't letting bob eyeball which box the item should go into. 

One time Bob accidentally left his very well-used box cutter in a package of mine and when I noticed it, I immediately thought "sweet, free murder weapon with some random stranger's fingerprints all over it!" but then Mrs. Doom touched it before I could stop her. 

Oh well. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I’m not sure if I posted it in this thread or in the snack foods thread or somewhere else. But I once complained that Planters mixed nuts didn’t include Brazil nuts anymore. I like those. A few days ago I bought a can of Planters mixed nuts that said on the label that it included Brazil nuts. Whoopee!

There were two in the can. Two. That’s all. 

52 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’m not sure if I posted it in this thread or in the snack foods thread or somewhere else. But I once complained that Planters mixed nuts didn’t include Brazil nuts anymore. I like those. A few days ago I bought a can of Planters mixed nuts that said on the label that it included Brazil nuts. Whoopee!

There were two in the can. Two. That’s all. 

Username checks out. 

Brazil nuts are stingily apportioned among mixed nuts to avoid accidental selenium overdose. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
Deez nuts

10 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Username checks out. 

Brazil nuts are stingily apportioned among mixed nuts to avoid accidental selenium overdose. 

There used to be a lot more of them in a can of mixed nuts than zero or two. Maybe you’re too young and inexperienced to know that. I’ll try to give you the benefit of the doubt. But I wouldn’t be commenting about it if that weren’t the case.

Also, username doesn’t check out because Buckeye nuts are poisonous and nobody in their right mind would ever eat them. Go ahead and try to prove me wrong. Then I could accurately say, “Username checks out.”

18 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

There used to be a lot more of them in a can of mixed nuts than zero or two. Maybe you’re too young and inexperienced to know that. I’ll try to give you the benefit of the doubt. But I wouldn’t be commenting about it if that weren’t the case.

Also, username doesn’t check out because Buckeye nuts are poisonous and nobody in their right mind would ever eat them. Go ahead and try to prove me wrong. Then I could accurately say, “Username checks out.”

Brazil nuts are nasty and, by far, my least favorite nut; it used to irritate me to no end, how much their numbers dominated the mixed nut cans. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I bow in reverence to your aged nut wisdom. 

• Haha 3