Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

1 hour ago, Hanrahan said:

People who wait in drive-through lines that extend into the street.  The first guy to do this has got to be thinking, "fuck everyone behind me, I ain't moving."

Same fucker who leaves an 8-10 foot gap between the car in front of him at a crowded drive thru. 

I would be fine if this was a capital offense. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

image.jpeg.69fd27a357feeb587278d0be08bb18af.jpeg
One of my neighbors has a sign like this up for the mom of the family:  she's 40.  I mean, I get this type of stuff for a kid but an adult?  Seems attention whoreish to me. 
They should also do a gender reveal for her & do a bachelorette party for her anniversary.

May as well touch all the women "look at me!!" Attention whoring bullshit.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Same fucker who leaves an 8-10 foot gap between the car in front of him at a crowded drive thru. 

I would be fine if this was a capital offense. 

I feel like every fast food restaurant should subcontract out the operation of their drive thru to Chick Fil-A.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

People walking, especially while they’re crossing the street, while reading stuff on their phone.

Seriously. Put down the phone. Walk a little faster. Stop on the very side of the sidewalk so people can walk by you. Finish reading and then keep walking. You aren’t saving any time reading while you’re walking.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Prepuce of Doom said:

And he totally would have worn that orange reflective bib even if he didn't have to. 

And he totally didn’t’t have the person in charge sign the paperwork verifying that he did 2 hours of community service.   2 down, 198 to go.

Cheap plastic silverware.  It’s fine to use the cheap shit if all I need to do is use it like a shovel, but if I need to use the fork to hold a piece of meat in place while I cut it with the cheap knife it needs to be robust enough so that a tine on the fork doesn’t snap off when a little pressure is applied to it.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m apparently in the mood to bitch today.  When I try to tap on the 3 little dots in between the Food & Travel  and Daily Texan boards at the top of the screen so I can read the sugar baby thread without an extra step and I fail 2 or 3 times in a row.  Big thumbs.

Edited by conVINCEd
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Superhero said:

People throwing away trash along a hiking trail.

Coworkers and I hiked up to the Hollywood sign. We did some voluntary community service by picking up trash. We filled 2 trash bags before we got back down to the parking lot. 

Good on you. I did this a couple of years ago at the cliffs overlooking the 360 bridge. I don’t get it. Why do people think this is ok?

• Like 1

People walking, especially while they’re crossing the street, while reading stuff on their phone.
Seriously. Put down the phone. Walk a little faster. Stop on the very side of the sidewalk so people can walk by you. Finish reading and then keep walking. You aren’t saving any time reading while you’re walking.

Agreed. Adding to this though, it pisses me off when people walking across the gas station or grocery store lots don’t walk in a straight line when entering or exiting.

1 hour ago, Fudbelty said:

Agreed. Adding to this though, it pisses me off when people walking across the gas station or grocery store lots don’t walk in a straight line when entering or exiting.

This, plus when you are being generous and stop your vehicle to allow someone to walk across and you make eye contact and motion them across and they proceed to walk at the most leisurely slow pace that they can in front of you.

• Rage+1 2

37 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

This, plus when you are being generous and stop your vehicle to allow someone to walk across and you make eye contact and motion them across and they proceed to walk at the most leisurely slow pace that they can in front of you.

There is a great Samuel L. Jackson quote about this but I am failing at the internet right now.

12 hours ago, Superhero said:

Walk or text.  Not both.

Walking behind these dumbasses in public is a beating.  We should be able to slap their phone out of their hands...in the interest of safety, of course.

5 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

Move your ass, Pyle!!!

Coworkers and I hiked up to the Hollywood sign. We did some voluntary community service by picking up trash. We filled 2 trash bags before we got back down to the parking lot. 
I'm amazed at how many people leave little bags of dog shit on the side of hiking trails.

8 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Good on you. I did this a couple of years ago at the cliffs overlooking the 360 bridge. I don’t get it. Why do people think this is ok?

Because so many people are just lazy ass, rude, fucking  raging assholes who don't think rules apply to them.

6 hours ago, elfenix said:

woman at HEB was taking her sweet ass time walking right down the middle of the front transverse lane until she got to the row her car was on.  no one could get past. 

Got stuck behind some stupid bitch the other day that waited 8 minutes for some lady parked right near the front of the lot to unload her groceries.      I always park at the very back of the lot but was having to go around to the other side of the aisle.   One dude who was behind me got a spot and walked by the lady’s car and smacked her driver side window and said WTF?!?!   

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Imagine what their houses look like.

Vermonters.  You have this image of evergreen clad mountains, snow covered peaks, and pristine moose bogs.

I've never seen more shit, and junk in people's yards anywhere in the country, and I've been thru Appalachia many times.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Vermonters.  You have this image of evergreen clad mountains, snow covered peaks, and pristine moose bogs.

I've never seen more shit, and junk in people's yards anywhere in the country, and I've been thru Appalachia many times.

Well, crap.  I am making my first visit to Vermont in a couple of weeks for some vacation time hiking.  I will be staying in the Killington area before driving over to Acadia National Park.  My image and expectation is now ruined!!!

1 hour ago, Okie State said:

I'm amazed at how many people leave little bags of dog shit on the side of hiking trails.

What is stupid is we put something that is completely bio friendly and put it in a plastic bag where it will last for hundreds of years.

Edited by Steamboat1874
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

This is disappointing; sounds like the Ozarks. 

44 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

Well, crap.  I am making my first visit to Vermont in a couple of weeks for some vacation time hiking.  I will be staying in the Killington area before driving over to Acadia National Park.  My image and expectation is now ruined!!!

Watch out for dirty hippies.

1 hour ago, mininghorn88 said:

Nah, it's a beautiful state. I was just surprised to see it more widespread than I'd have thought.  

Youll also see supply houses, lumber yards, and such with no fences around their yards.  Doesn't look like theft is a big worry up there either.

I can’t understand litter on a hiking trail far away from roads, but a lot of roadside litter is from trash flying out of the back of open bed trucks. Workers don’t give a shit if the garbage they toss in the back goes flying out somewhere along the way. I see stuff flying out of truck beds just about every time I’m on a Houston freeway.

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Got stuck behind some stupid bitch the other day that waited 8 minutes for some lady parked right near the front of the lot to unload her groceries.      I always park at the very back of the lot but was having to go around to the other side of the aisle.   One dude who was behind me got a spot and walked by the lady’s car and smacked her driver side window and said WTF?!?!   

that dude is a hero

• Like 2

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

that dude is a hero

I honked at her every minute or so for posterity.   He did what I wanted to do, but I was in my vehicle.   Had I had my screaming 9 month old in the car I mat have just hit the gas and drove them into the front of the building 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 2:54 PM, conVINCEd said:

I feel like every fast food restaurant should subcontract out the operation of their drive thru to Chick Fil-A.

Are you freaking kidding me?  CFA is the worst culprit. During peak times every CFA in the Houston area has cars wrapped around it 2 or 3 times and backed out on the adjoining street, creating a huge hazard. Yes, they’re efficient but they’re so Stinkin’ popular that they make me rage. 

20 minutes ago, nnm said:

Are you freaking kidding me?  CFA is the worst culprit. During peak times every CFA in the Houston area has cars wrapped around it 2 or 3 times and backed out on the adjoining street, creating a huge hazard. Yes, they’re efficient but they’re so Stinkin’ popular that they make me rage. 

They get you through that line wrapoed around the building in 5 minutes.  The chicken sandwich wars have taken them out of my rotation, as there are better options available, but the nieces and nephews love that shit, so I appreciate their efficiency when I have to go there.

On 7/8/2021 at 4:41 PM, Superhero said:

I found sunflower seed shells inside the cliff dwellings at bandolier NP.

peanut shells and orange peels on Emory peak in big bend

26 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I found sunflower seed shells inside the cliff dwellings at bandolier NP.

peanut shells and orange peels on Emory peak in big bend

I’ve come across cigarette butts on many trails even at “altitude”.  I am huffing and puffing my way to the summit with my gear and someone has the extra lung capacity for a smoke?!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

I’ve come across cigarette butts on many trails even at “altitude”.  I am huffing and puffing my way to the summit with my gear and someone has the extra lung capacity for a smoke?!!

I made it a point to smoke a cigarette at Dead Woman's Pass along the Inca Trail, which is almost 14,000 ft. 

Never littered my butts though. 

• Hook 'Em 1