Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

On 1/23/2022 at 9:30 AM, Brisketexan said:

People who block shit because they’re self-absorbed.

Had to go to Costco yesterday, and had my way blocked at almost every point. Walking in, a guy had pulled his SUV up the dead-center of the front. Everyone going in or out had to detour around him.

Then I got inside, and was behind a couple. She pushed the basket, he walked….side by side, separated by about three feet, so they blocked the entire main aisle you had to travel to get to the back. They walk slowly. The aisle widens, so I make a move to pass on the left…and he meanders left to look at a TV, blocking me again. So I double back so I can pass on the right, which is good because now she’s at a complete stop in the middle of the aisle.

Buy my shit and leave. We all get our receipts checked, and exit through one narrow door. And we get backed up because one self-absorbed dipshit gets his receipt checked, goes right outside the door, and stops, blocking the whole exit while he gets his sunglasses out, carefully folds the receipt and puts it in his pocket, scratches his balls, whatever. He could have gone another 10 feet to do that, and would have left all of us a way out, but instead, the entire store has to wait for him to get prepped for his drive home.

I finally get around him and get to my car, load my stuff, and whip around to the cart return. A couple is pushing their basket by it, then decide they need to come to a full stop and have a conversation, blocking the entire thing….while I’m 2 feet away, staring at them with my empty cart. Not till I actually say “excuse me” do they realize that other people exist on this planet and move out of my way.

At every turn, self-absorbed shitheels who, in spite of being at one of the busiest stores in town, think they are the only people in existence.

Fuckers.

I bet they were all old, weren't they?

Passengers that get out my truck and leave the shoulder harness seat belt catch all twisted up so it won’t retract back into its sprocket housing.  

The metal catch bangs on the inside wall of my truck.  Drives me nuts.  

You’re not paying hookers for roadies and handies. You’re paying them to leave. Just be glad they’re doing that.

On 1/23/2022 at 9:30 AM, Brisketexan said:

People who block shit because they’re self-absorbed.

Had to go to Costco yesterday, and had my way blocked at almost every point. Walking in, a guy had pulled his SUV up the dead-center of the front. Everyone going in or out had to detour around him.

Then I got inside, and was behind a couple. She pushed the basket, he walked….side by side, separated by about three feet, so they blocked the entire main aisle you had to travel to get to the back. They walk slowly. The aisle widens, so I make a move to pass on the left…and he meanders left to look at a TV, blocking me again. So I double back so I can pass on the right, which is good because now she’s at a complete stop in the middle of the aisle.

Buy my shit and leave. We all get our receipts checked, and exit through one narrow door. And we get backed up because one self-absorbed dipshit gets his receipt checked, goes right outside the door, and stops, blocking the whole exit while he gets his sunglasses out, carefully folds the receipt and puts it in his pocket, scratches his balls, whatever. He could have gone another 10 feet to do that, and would have left all of us a way out, but instead, the entire store has to wait for him to get prepped for his drive home.

I finally get around him and get to my car, load my stuff, and whip around to the cart return. A couple is pushing their basket by it, then decide they need to come to a full stop and have a conversation, blocking the entire thing….while I’m 2 feet away, staring at them with my empty cart. Not till I actually say “excuse me” do they realize that other people exist on this planet and move out of my way.

At every turn, self-absorbed shitheels who, in spite of being at one of the busiest stores in town, think they are the only people in existence.

Fuckers.

Ha! How about something similar -- two older, well-kept women. Looked straight out of central casting for members of the Williamson County Republican Party. Go to a store the other day to do some Christmas shopping, nearly everyone is masked up, but they aren't. That's fine, but I do note how you could tell just by their look that they would be the sort of folks who wouldn't bother to mask up. You know -- boomers.

Well, I go next door to shop at another store. Five minutes later they come in, just chatting away. Don't think anything of it. Well, they come down my aisle. I'm looking at a few options of items. Now they are just within 3 feet of me, chatting it up and completely acting like I'm not there. Ok. Seems weird.

Then one of them literally steps in between me and what I'm looking at (and I'm within an arm's length of the shelf) as if I don't even exist. No excuse me. No acknowledgment there is another person. Nothing. Like I'm a ghost.

Selfish people. SMDH.

3 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Ha! How about something similar -- two older, well-kept women. Looked straight out of central casting for members of the Williamson County Republican Party. Go to a store the other day to do some Christmas shopping, nearly everyone is masked up, but they aren't. That's fine, but I do note how you could tell just by their look that they would be the sort of folks who wouldn't bother to mask up. You know -- boomers.

Well, I go next door to shop at another store. Five minutes later they come in, just chatting away. Don't think anything of it. Well, they come down my aisle. I'm looking at a few options of items. Now they are just within 3 feet of me, chatting it up and completely acting like I'm not there. Ok. Seems weird.

Then one of them literally steps in between me and what I'm looking at (and I'm within an arm's length of the shelf) as if I don't even exist. No excuse me. No acknowledgment there is another person. Nothing. Like I'm a ghost.

Selfish people. SMDH.

She wanted to rub up against you and see what you were working with.  

6 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Selfish people. SMDH.

28 years of working in the public.

Old white ladies are the rudest, with regard to the behavior you describe.  No fucks given. They will run your ass over and act like you don't even exist.

Youngest son did cart duty at HEB through HS and college.  We were  at family get-together for Christmas and someone  asked who is rudest and we both chimed in, "old white ladies," and there was zero debate.  Everyone seemed surprised, but it's the straight up truth.

Edited by slorch

27 minutes ago, slorch said:

28 years of working in the public.

Old white ladies are the rudest, with regard to the behavior you describe.  No fucks given. They will run your ass over and act like you don't even exist.

Youngest son did cart duty at HEB through HS and college.  We were  at family get-together for Christmas and someone  asked who is rudest and we both chimed in, "old white ladies," and there was zero debate.  Everyone seemed surprised, but it's the straight up truth.

Yeah there is like a certain age range though I've found. 75+ years? Seems just fine. But that 55-75 range? Woof.

11 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Finally I've removed Yahoo as my search engine. 

Great. Now you can make it painfully obvious that every link you post came from a Google search.

Yahoo searches are at least as good as Google searches. But “Yahoo it” never became a saying and we’re a nation of sheep trying to be like everyone else. So Google it is.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Great. Now you can make it painfully obvious that every link you post came from a Google search.

Yahoo searches are at least as good as Google searches. But “Yahoo it” never became a saying and we’re a nation of sheep trying to be like everyone else. So Google it is.

I defaulted to Ask Jeeves because I've always wanted a butler.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Do you even duckduckgo, bro?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

No it’s really not.  Yahoo search sucks. As usual you don’t know shit about shit, couch burner 

Edited by closetohumping
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

If I didn’t already think you’re an idiot based on your posting history then what you just said might bother me.

You’re an Ohio state fan, living in West Virginia.  I don’t care what you think of me. Regardless this isn’t the thread to start a flame war so ✌️ 

Edited by closetohumping
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The World Book Encyclopedia Complete 22 Volume Set: World Book:  9780716600855: Amazon.com: Books

Fourth grade, 1959, I was sifted out of regular elementary school and sent to the Accelerated Program. Found out that most of the kid's parents had purchased Britanica instead of World Book like my broke folks had. I've had self esteem issues ever since. I am triggered

Edited by Shoxthemonkey
spelling and shit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

Fourth grade, 1959, I was sifted out of regular elementary school and sent to the Accelerated Program. Found out that most of the kids parents had purchased Brittanica instead of World Book like my broke folks had. I've had self esteem issues ever since. I am triggered

I was a Funk & Wagnals man( kid) myself. 

54 minutes ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

Fourth grade, 1959, I was sifted out of regular elementary school and sent to the Accelerated Program. Found out that most of the kid's parents had purchased Britanica instead of World Book like my broke folks had. I've had self esteem issues ever since. I am triggered

Man, you were rich to have the World Book. We had some sort of one-volume encyclopedia thing.