2020 General MLB off-season

Mo Horn

On 12/5/2019 at 11:38 PM, Beau Vine said:

I honestly had always hated Jenks, but then I read about the spinal fluid pouring out of his back and about the surgeon doing two surgeries at once and he had made a hell of a point. 

A lot of big money lawsuit settlements seem over the top, but I think even at $5MM Jenks got fucked over on this one.  Still a significant amount of cash but should have been a lot more considering what was at stake.

5 hours ago, spystud13 said:

1-year deal for Didi to Philly. 

Love Didi as a person. Told the Phillies fan I work with that Didi is easy to root for, but he just has to be okay with the multiple slumps he has every year. His response was "great, we need a pitcher". I told him to take Happ. No response...lol. 

I think Cole is going to have to turn down 7 years 310 million from the Yanks to go back home to SoCal. We will see if Boras has a client who says he will take less than offered. This should be interesting. 

If the Yanks get Cole they are winning 110 games. They have not had an ace in the rotation since CC before he hit the decline stage. 

7 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Does he realize they signed Wheeler? 

He does. He does not like him. Hell I would be skeptical of any Met not named Pete, Noah or Jacob. I saw a Zach meltdown last year and my friend who is a Met fan was there in the Bronx. He just shook his head at the 9 runs in just a little over 4 innings. 

Edited by UpperWestside

5 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

He's 38 at the end of that contract

The Yankees FO is finally understanding that their window to win is right now. If he's complete dead money the last 5 or 6 years of that deal, he's worth every penny if he brings another title to NYC. 10 entire seasons without a world series title is unacceptable for the Yankees, and it's been a living hell for Yankees fans. Glad to see the front office is committing to putting a team with an actual chance of winning it all on the field. 

10 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Happy for the former Bruin, But no way that ends up being a contract that doesn’t bite them in the back half of it.

I don’t think NYY gives a single fuck about that if this signing results in even one championship banner. If you’re gonna be the Yankees, but you aren’t going to go full yankee and out bid everyone for someone you really want, what’s the point?

The Yankees FO is finally understanding that their window to win is right now. If he's complete dead money the last 5 or 6 years of that deal, he's worth every penny if he brings another title to NYC. 10 entire seasons without a world series title is unacceptable for the Yankees, and it's been a living hell for Yankees fans. Glad to see the front office is committing to putting a team with an actual chance of winning it all on the field. 
Prayers sent
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

I wish I had lied and said I was born & raised in the Bronx. Then maybe you nancies could stfu about all my posts. Doesn’t matter, it’s not going to make watching Cole hoist the 2020 WS trophy any less sweet. I’m as big or bigger of a Yankee fan than any New Yorker.

at least have the self awareness to understand why those of us that were Astros Buddies in 1982 and earlier look at what you say and how you act with a bit of...........how you say.........scowling derision

THIS after we actually won too