2020 General MLB off-season

Mo Horn

2 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

I just don’t really give a shit about a GM being suspended. Manager and loss of ability to draft or sign would be better.

15 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

8 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Significant but I feel like it should include loss of picks or international signings too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Significant but I feel like it should include loss of picks or international signings too.

They lose 4 pics, but I thought it was still fairly light.  International signings are more valuable than draft picks. 

Edited by Beau Vine

3 minutes ago, txhorns said:

That's harsher than I thought they would get.  Do the Astros just have to go without a manager and GM for a year with subordinates filling in or can they hire a one year replacement to fill in until Hinch and Luhnow can come back?

I'm sure they will have an interim. But fuck them, Hinch knew what they were doing. Their title should be stripped

• Like 3

the 'cheating had such a profound impact that the Astros were significantly better on the road in 2017. and went 2-2 at dodger Stadium in the WS.

Astros in 6 in 2020.  Fuck the crybaby motherfuckers in MLB.  Take it out on the opponents.

Edited by Iceman

3 minutes ago, Iceman said:

the 'cheating had such a profound impact that the Astros were significantly better on the road in 2017. and went 2-2 at dodger Stadium in the WS.

Astros in 6 in 2020.  Fuck the crybaby motherfuckers in MLB.  Take it out on the opponents.

How do you know they weren't doing in on the road?

This is fun too. 

In addition, Brandon Taubman, who was in the center of the Roberto Osuna/harassing reports drama after the ALCS, has been placed on the league’s ineligible list, meaning he’s effectively banned from baseball.

Just now, ss13 said:

In addition, Brandon Taubman, who was in the center of the Roberto Osuna/harassing reports drama after the ALCS, has been placed on the league’s ineligible list, meaning he’s effectively banned from baseball.

Does he have a lawsuit here, or is this one of the things the anti-trust exemption lets MLB get away with?

Just now, immortal13 said:

Because he was actively involved in the scheme. Doesn't really hold water to me because Hinch knew and is therefore just as guilty

Exactly. No way Hinch did not know about that sort of thing. And if he really didn't (he did), that makes it look just at worse. Meaning he has no control at all of his team.

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I haven't kept up much with their little scandal. Why is he going to get a much bigger punishment than Hinch? 

Cora and Beltran were the ringleaders of this scheme.  AND he did it with 2 different teams.  He could get a lifer ban potentially.