2020 General MLB off-season

Mo Horn

9 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

It is a little funny that not a single player will be punished, though not surprising.

My guess is that they didn't want to punish anyone who told the truth about the cheating to the the commissioner. And it sounds like they interviews a ton of current and former players

Just now, clapclapclap said:

Owner fired Hinch and Luhnow.

say Hinch does a year in the TV booth and wants to get back into baseball; is the suspension only  expiring while he is actively hired or is it simply a year out of baseball?

Gonna be a challenge for anyone to want to hire him and then wait a fucking year.

1 minute ago, Iceman said:

say Hinch does a year in the TV booth and wants to get back into baseball; is the suspension only  expiring while he is actively hired or is it simply a year out of baseball?

Gonna be a challenge for anyone to want to hire him and then wait a fucking year.

Taubaum is listed as ineligible for any MLB team until after the 2020 WS. I would assume it would work the same for Hinch and Luhnow now

43 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Fuck the rest of the league...as if they're Charmin clean.  LOlz.

Cool your fucking jets, Mongo -- the league is still investigating Boston, which is why they didn't announce a Cora penalty.  You'd know that if you bothered to read the report.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Who cares?

you do.  you keepin up, bro?

Not legit questions for the amount of talent both men have?  It's not like I'm pining for their redemption.  LOlz.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to them.

Edited by Iceman

MISTY WATER-COLORED MMMMMMMEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMMM-REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!!

HOUSTON -- Major League Baseball cleared the Astros of any wrongdoing after a team employee was removed from a Fenway Park photo well during Game 1 of the ALCS.

"You're not allowed to use technology in the aid of sign stealing," Astros GM Jeff Luhnow said before Game 4 of the ALCS at Minute Maid Park. "It's a very clear policy. We understand it. We abide by it. We have abided by it. We plan to continue abiding by it.

"That being said, there's a lot of technology in ballparks these days," Luhnow added. "Video cameras and high-speed cameras. High magnification cameras, etc. Monitors showing live feeds. So when we go into an opposing ballpark, we tend to look around and make sure we don't see any suspicious activity."

Luhnow said he had no issues with the Red Sox using technology to steal signs at Fenway Park during Games 1 and 2.

"Like I said, when we go into a new environment we keep our eyes open, look around and we try to make sure everything is the way it should be," Luhnow said. "So no particular concerns at Fenway Park. It's just the ALCS. These games matter a lot."

Luhnow said the Astros have been doing this for "a while."

"Most of time when we see something suspicious, we look into it," Luhnow said. "And it's a fan doing something or a monitor that for some reason should be there, used for a good purpose. But every once in a while, and there have been multiple instances of us identifying suspicious activity."

Lunhow said the Astros have reported suspicious activity to MLB. In some cases, they have looked into themselves.

"MLB prefer we don't look into it ourselves," Luhnow said. "If we see something suspicious, we relay it to them. And we're going to abide by that going forward. That's essentially what happened. We were playing defense. We we were not playing offense."

Luhnow acknowledged Red Sox manager Alex Cora, who served as Astros bench coach last year, knows what the Astros are doing.

"He worked for us last year. So clearly he knows everything that we're doing," Luhnow said. "And that's the way it works in baseball. Players and coaches and front office members go from one organization to another from one year to the next. So I think everybody has a general feeling for what's going on."

Luhnow added the Astros have prided themselves on following the rules.

"And making sure that it's a level playing field. That's going to continue," he said.

• Like 2

...OF THE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY WE WEEEEEEEEEEERRREEE...

NEW YORK – Astros manager AJ Hinch took offense to the notion his team was using whistles to steal signs in Game 1 of the American League Championship Series against the Yankees on Saturday at Minute Maid Park. Major League Baseball investigated the accusations levied by the Yanks and has cleared the Astros of any wrongdoing.

That didn’t stop Hinch on Thursday from blasting those responsible for the allegations, which suggested someone in Houston's dugout was whistling to batters to alert them of which pitch was coming. He said those who believe the Astros have been cheating should come forward publicly. Hinch said the allegations are “a joke.”

“It made me laugh because it's ridiculous,” he said. “And had I known that it would take something like that to set off the Yankees or any other team, we would have practiced it in Spring Training. It apparently works, even when it doesn't happen. So to me, I understand the gamesmanship. I understand kind of creating a narrative for yourself or wondering how things are going.”

“The problem I have is when other people take shots at us outside this competition,” Hinch said. “When you guys ask me this question, my face, my name is by my quotes. My opinions, my reaction is all for you guys to tweet out and put on the broadcast. But we have people that are unnamed, or you guys have sources that are giving you information. I suggest they put their name by it if they're so passionate about it, to comment about my team or my players.

“There's nothing going on other than the competition on the field. The fact that I had to field the question before a really, really cool game at Yankee Stadium is unfortunate. But we can put it to rest. That will be the last question I answer about pitch-tipping or pitch-stealing.”

• Like 2

Seeing plenty of arguments that the punishments are light.  Not sure, need to think more on it.

However, 5 million bucks would be life changing for me, but seems like chump change for an MLB team.  I know the suspensions/picks are supposed to have the impact, so not sure why that throw that in.

And yeah, the players involved should have received some punishments as well.

28 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Seeing plenty of arguments that the punishments are light.  Not sure, need to think more on it.

However, 5 million bucks would be life changing for me, but seems like chump change for an MLB team.  I know the suspensions/picks are supposed to have the impact, so not sure why that throw that in.

And yeah, the players involved should have received some punishments as well.

First and second round draft picks for two straight years and the loss of that slot money hurts a lot.  Not to mention the front office is now gutted.   It’s pretty painful.   

6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The Astros run as a contender will end for a very long time after 2021. They won’t spend to keep any of that core together. Cheaters never prosper.

Except that they already have Bregman, Altuve, and Alvarez locked in for a while.  Offensively, they will be OK.  Pitching will be the trick beyond ‘21.  

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

First and second round draft picks for two straight years and the loss of that slot money hurts a lot.  Not to mention the front office is now gutted.   It’s pretty painful.   

eh means nothing unless MLB revokes the Series.  Smart move on their part.

2017* World Series(cheaters)

1993-94*NBA champs(no Jordan)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The Astros run as a contender will end for a very long time after 2021. They won’t spend to keep any of that core together. Cheaters never prosper.

Except for the Patriots.  And Alabama.  And Clemson.  And LSU.  And Duke basketball.  But yeah, cheaters never prosper.