2020 General MLB off-season

Mo Horn

there are 2 different levels

using cameras to pick signs and relaying info during current game

using cameras to film(not stills) and watch after game to pick signs such that you can potentially adjust during a subsequent game(this is akin to patriots filming coaches giving signs during game)

I know the first is against the rules, not sure about the second but I assume it is.  Are you only allowed to use the television feed on the second?

is game film in baseball allowed like game film in football?

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

This thing might not end for a while. Baseball players and managers have been cheating any way they can for well over a century. There's almost no way that the Astros, Red Sox, Yankees, Dodgers, and Cubs (the 5 accused by some baseball folks this week) are the only 5 teams who used technology to cheat as soon as MLB was dumb enough to put video feeds in or next to the dugout.

If I find out the Mariners even thought about it, I am going to I'm gonna have to head up to Seattle and I will rain down an un-Godly fucking firestorm upon them! They're gonna have to call the fucking United Nations and get a fucking binding resolution to keep me from fucking destroying them. I'm talking scorched earth, motherfucker! I will massacre them! I WILL FUCK THEM UP!

45 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Some day Arlington fans will get over it.

You're hurt and lashing out.  One of the best moments of your life is built on lies. You say that in a few years no one will remember the cheating your team did to win a World Series. But you will. You'll never forget it. And every time someone brings up the WS you'll study their face to see if they are someone like you who doesn't care that their favorite team had to cheat to win or are they are a person who says "yeah but".  

Those interactions are forever sullied. And thus cheapened.

I presume that cheating goes against what you believe in.  I presume. 

You're having a hard time squaring this and are attacking others. 

Unfortunately, we see this far too often in sports and life.  Recently in places like Baylor and Penn State and now Houston.

Edited by Post Oak
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Unfortunately, we see this far too often in sports and life.  Recently in places like Baylor and Penn State and now Houston.

This part is bad and you should feel bad. Baylor and Penn State are on a very separate level of awfulness. This is way closer to Auburn and Cam Newton. Still shitty but not raping women and children shitty.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

This part is bad and you should feel bad. Baylor and Penn State are on a very separate level of awfulness. This is way closer to Auburn and Cam Newton. Still shitty but not raping women and children shitty.

You're right. 

**The Astros. At least they didn't rape anyone

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxBCFpuTMuuYkOv6HG9JU

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

I was actually enjoying this hyperdramatic drivel, wondering if you actually wrote it with a straight face (best moments of his life?)...and then I got to this. 

Come on man. You're comparing organized, systematic rape and child abuse with some dumbass ballplayers stealing the other teams' signs. You can hate the Astros all you want, but don't be this intellectually dishonest. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The Astros and their fans would never throw their support behind a rapist.

They draw the line at dudes that beat the shit out of their wives and girlfriends.

um...

Image result for aroldis chapman

...if we want to get into the cognitive dissonance related to jackasses that play for the teams we like...I mean, everyone is guilty of that. 

• Like 5

If the report came out and the Nationals had been implicated, the Astros fans would be up in arms. Fans (DD) are generally idiots who look the other way if their team/player is implicated in anything while other teams fans (Helo) are the first in glass houses to throw stones.

It’s a bad deal and it went way too far. As a baseball fan, it’s a bigger issue to me than steroids and I think I would feel that way if my team was in the middle of it. It’s past the point of simple sign stealing. If other teams were doing it then they should get hammered as well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

um...

Image result for aroldis chapman

...if we want to get into the cognitive dissonance related to jackasses that play for the teams we like...I mean, everyone is guilty of that. 

FWIW, I’ve been a huge critic of Chapman and my posting on here shows that. I think he fucking sucks and is as unreliable a closer as they come. He’s only going to get worse and it was a stupid signing. The best thing he ever did for the Yankees was being a piece in the trade that got Gleyber. If the Yankees cut Chapman tomorrow I’d be happy. 

1 hour ago, Brew said:

If the report came out and the Nationals had been implicated, the Astros fans would be up in arms. Fans (DD) are generally idiots who look the other way if their team/player is implicated in anything while other teams fans (Helo) are the first in glass houses to throw stones.

It’s a bad deal and it went way too far. As a baseball fan, it’s a bigger issue to me than steroids and I think I would feel that way if my team was in the middle of it. It’s past the point of simple sign stealing. If other teams were doing it then they should get hammered as well.

Astros fan here, so take with a grain of salt, but why is this a bigger deal than steroids? I think it's shitty, and I'm not thrilled. But how is this worse than steroids? If anythigng, I think it's more on par with corked bats, foreign substance on ball, etc.

30 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Astros fan here, so take with a grain of salt, but why is this a bigger deal than steroids? I think it's shitty, and I'm not thrilled. But how is this worse than steroids? If anythigng, I think it's more on par with corked bats, foreign substance on ball, etc.

And the steroid use is individual, the Astros cheating was by the team and known to management 

2 hours ago, immortal13 said:

And the steroid use is individual, the Astros cheating was by the team and known to management 

Don't worry. They are in denial. I respect the ones who say "yeah we cheated but so what, we still got the title". Don't try and deflect and use spin control to justify it. And say "but but everyone does it". Maybe so. But y'all were caught. And got a slap on the wrist.

13 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Don't worry. They are in denial. I respect the ones who say "yeah we cheated but so what, we still got the title". Don't try and deflect and use spin control to justify it. And say "but but everyone does it". Maybe so. But y'all were caught. And got a slap on the wrist.

Damn right. The lesson from MLB is without question you can cheat and get away with it. If they thought this was anything serious, that title and all of the wins would be stripped and players would be punished. But they won't do that because they know this is a league wide issue and they don't want the fans to know how ingrained cheating in baseball really is.

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Damn right. The lesson from MLB is without question you can cheat and get away with it. If they thought this was anything serious, that title and all of the wins would be stripped and players would be punished. But they won't do that because they know this is a league wide issue and they don't want the fans to know how ingrained cheating in baseball really is.

You keep saying that this is a league wide issue in order to justify the Astros actions.  Where is the proof of this?  So far only 2 out of 30 teams have been proven guilty.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, txhorns said:

You keep saying that this is a league wide issue in order to justify the Astros actions.  Where is the proof of this?  So far only 2 out of 30 teams have been proven guilty.

I’ll save you some grief...he’s going to come at you with individual (and random) PED use.

Edited by CowtownHorn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Because the league only investigated two teams. That's up to them. 

Because there are so far only 2 teams worth investigating.  They don't need to look into every team as a witch hunt to make the Astros feel better about themselves.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

82809130_2835786843181624_43418791621899

There is not a football fan alive who wouldn't be fine with the Patriots model. It's actually aggy to take the fake moral highground loser stance which Ranger fans seem to be slipping into. 

That isn't saying that the NFL or MLB shouldn't try to stop it. But the fan perspective is about winning. 

And I will tell you this too. I'd rather our football program be where Bama or LSU's is than where ours is.  I also don't think we are sparkling clean anyway, so why not?  Winning washes away a lot of things.  

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1