Found some Tom Penders era footage that some of you old farts might like

Goo Punch

The program has gone thru a weird history. With Abe there was just fun and excitement that came with relatively low expectations.
Then Kaiser Bob came in and destroyed the program.

Penders was a massive breath of fresh air that reinvigorated the program with a higher scoring, no defense style that was exciting to watch. And he got the team into the tournament a lot and won some conference titles. He really elevated the program and that’s where the fans started to set real standards. That is what really built the sustainable crowds. Then they got tired of no defense towards the end of his tenure.

I’ve never been more excited than when I saw the first Barnes teams. They played defense and looked so different than Penders’ teams. Yet Penders still deserves some credit for elevating the program and driving crowds, even though he’s a bit of a piece of sh*t in real life.

I never noticed what a yankee accent Penders had.  He sounds like a fucking goombah in that video.  I think he ditched it pretty quick.

Also, the history of the "proud Texas program" was sad.

Also, I resent being called an old fart.  

Edited by TwiceHorn

8 hours ago, 2300 Nueces said:

Dang, the seats in the FEC (drum) are full in all those video clips.  It's been years since I've seen anything but empty seats.

Must be CGI. Derka negged me once for disagreeing with him that that Rick Barnes was the only coach to ever pack the Drum. 

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Must be CGI. Derka negged me once for disagreeing with him that that Rick Barnes was the only coach to ever pack the Drum. 

yeah that's not true. i've never even claimed as much, which is why you don't have the receipts. but hey, fuck it, make up whatever you want if it makes you feel better. 

Edited by Goo Punch